IGNORED

Zaku for the Atari Lynx: Official thread

DeathAdderSF

• 3 weeks later...

Lucky guys. I ordered one copy for a friend...shipped at the end of May and... never received. I have sent an email to Superfighter team but they told me that priority mail does not have a tracking number. So probrably we take it in the ass...

That sucks! I ordered and paid for this last Friday but still haven't gotten any confirmation email of my purchase from them yet. All I have is my paypal receipt.

• 2 months later...

Man my atri lynx system is in a storage box in my room back east ny. I would be all over this, I remember reading about the Atari lynx being a very powerful system designed by an outsourced computer design firm with intensely powerful hardware for even home consoles at the time.

If I ever get to my house I'm digging up my lynx and buying this game. :)

• Like 1

Lucky guys. I ordered one copy for a friend...shipped at the end of May and... never received. I have sent an email to Superfighter team but they told me that priority mail does not have a tracking number. So probrably we take it in the ass...

Had the same problem with a shipment by Steve Tucker (the 99.95 $ five-pack of 8 meg Atarimax flash carts). Lost mail sucks, but I wouldn't blame the seller, at least not in cases where obviously all other recipients get their stuff delivered.

I think its a great game, well worth buying for anyone collecting for the Lynx! Did Nuclear Pacman or Battlezone ever get their copies?

Yes I received mine. Just a note to any prospective buyers of Zaku from SFT, my experience was that I did not get a confirmation email until well over a week after purchase, and I had to request it from them through another email. After that it took another 2-3 weeks before my game was shipped out. So suffice to say, I wasn't pleased at all with either the communication from this seller, nor with the shipping speed.

With that said, the product itself is of the highest quality. Full color instructions, high quality Lynx box and a curved lip lynx cartridge that other than the absence of the Fuji logo, looks exactly like an official Atari Lynx release. It's magnificent and worth the money. Just be prepared to wait awhile to receive the game.

This is a nice little Air Zonk clone that can hold its own!

I got a chance to play it and I would love to own it if my lynx II was not fubard!

Super Fighter Team makes quality stuff, I have bought quite a few of their games over the years!

I don't mean to be obvious here, but Zaku to me seems like an Air Zonk clone. Though I must say it looks like a game worth my time.

True, but that isn't a bad thing. I'd be more than happy to buy MORE games with this style. It doesn't come off as unoriginal in the least. I got one of the first copies and couldn't love it more. It's well worth it.

This is a nice little Air Zonk clone that can hold its own!

I got a chance to play it and I would love to own it if my lynx II was not fubard!

Super Fighter Team makes quality stuff, I have bought quite a few of their games over the years!

Great to hear, before the end of the year I am going to be putting an order in.. I loved Air Zonk.

• 3 weeks later...

This game has been in the back of my mind for a while. I've got every offical commercial title for the lynx, ok some are boxless and there's a mix of ridged and curved but I'm proud of my collection..I also have a load of chunky (and unsightly?) PCB releases which is why I love that this release has the original cart design....

What I'm not so keen on is the price. I know that a ton of effort and production cost must have gone into this release but $50 plus $15 postage...$65 is £40! I see it was $40 + postage in 2009. Does this re-run of carts really warrent a ten dollar increase? Also worrying are these messages above of delivery time-frames. Ok to wait but so long's there's an assurance it's not prone to get lost in the post.

You might say another option is 'don't buy it then'! But I would like it...just thought i'd discuss first!

(Just ordered the 2 new Jag releases that were around £25 which seems more reasonable..)

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Ordered! (it's a good month for a little spare cash so why not - I didn't get many christmas presents!)

Also the guy at SFT emailed me immediately regarding delivery time-frame so I had no worries placing an order.

Looking forward to finally giving this little game a spank on my favourite hand held!

Cheers,

Christian

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...