IGNORED

Zaku for the Atari Lynx: Official thread

DeathAdderSF

CC: I've been thinking about grabbing a Genesis again (possibly a nomad) for a few games (like shadowrun....)

Perhaps I should grab it. Are there any reviews out there for it?

Many different reviews from magazines, websites, casual gamer blogs, etc. can be found at the Beggar Prince press page. Just scroll to an article that interests you and click on "Read the article."

October 07, 2009

Just five days ago, we announced the posting of an official Zaku gameplay video. We thank you for your positive, enthusiastic responses. Today, I would like to share with you something just as exciting: the final product design.

When Super Fighter Team became the producer / publisher of Zaku, we decided that since the quality of the game was so high, certainly the product should match this quality. I am excited to announce that we have met or exceeded our standards for quality on each point.

For example:

Instead of merely producing bare circuit boards as is common with new Lynx game releases, we have gone to great lengths to reproduce the plastic outer shell with gripping edge for easy insertion into and removal from the Lynx system.

The instruction manual consists of 31 full color pages with an abundance of images and artwork. In addition to describing the gameplay and offering tips, it also contains the game's humorous storyline and character descriptions. The contents are printed in both English and French.

Our sturdy cardstock game box comes complete with a slot to hold and protect the game card.

Once again, Super Fighter Team has delivered on our promise to produce and release only the highest quality video game products to the classic gaming market. When Zaku is released, no Lynx fan will be disappointed. You will be receiving an amazing new game that's fun to play, crafted with love and respect.

But I don't expect you to take my word for it. Have a look at the product photos and see for yourself the future of classic gaming. Zaku will be available for ordering shortly, at the low price of USD$40.00 + shipping and handling. We are proud to ship worldwide, welcoming customers from all across the globe.

Thanks for your interest and support, and never let dreams die!

post-6583-125496887412_thumb.jpg

post-6583-125496890559_thumb.jpg

CC: I've been thinking about grabbing a Genesis again (possibly a nomad) for a few games (like shadowrun....)

Perhaps I should grab it. Are there any reviews out there for it?

wow this is so cool i'm definatly getting one

seems like if you are going through the whole building real lynx carts maybe you could put some other games in them too

maybe offer people who buy a game an opportunity to buy a cart with another game on it like any available roms here

How did you manage to do this? What kind of chips did you use? When can I buy one? This is so amazing. This is the first professional cart release I have seen since Atari shut down.

Is this cart design limited to Zaku only? I would love to release Stardreamer on a similar cart sometime in the future.

I am speechless...

Even the game looks good.

--

Karri

My jaw is still on the floor, twenty years after we first saw the Lynx, we are getting a new game. I'm only 29. Takes me back to being in Toys R Us with my parents begging for a Lynx and scoffing at the Gameboy. I got a Gameboy (can't complain) but always wanted that Lynx.

I hope this isn't the last Lynx game we see on an original cart.

My only complaint about Alpine Games was the fragile green cart.

Penny pinching initiated. Commence saving.

I don't have a whole lot of money anymore since me and the wife had our baby and decided we're "single income" kind of people, but I need this game so bad I will find the money somewhere. Unfortunately, that is not enough, as I now feel the urge to buy the two Genesis games too.

How do you guys do this anyway? New, attractive cases. Large instruction manuals. Deep games in unusual homebrew (or translated) genres. You can't be making any money on this, leading me to believe Super Fighter Team is actually an insanely rich person who is basically giving this stuff away as charity.

I cant believe the overall quality of this product :lust: . The team of people behind Zaku are really something else, gotta keep an eye on this guys and whatever else they do. I dont know, maybe in 3 or 4 years we will see a Lynx game starring Zakus caveman alter ego, Bonku on a game called Bonkus Adventure! ;) . But seriously, amazing product, great price... just admirable man :) .

Hello again, everyone, and thanks for your continued enthusiasm about Zaku; it's very inspiring.

I've recently been interviewed about Zaku, its development process and et cetera. The resulting online article should answer some of the questions asked here about the product, as well as shed some light on the story behind the game's inception.

*** Brandon Cobb interview @ Destroy All Fanboys!

Have a nice day.

Interesting interview. :thumbsup:

I hope Zaku will get a lot of attention and coverage on gaming web sites and in printed game magazines. Zaku will surely spark the interest for the Lynx a lot! Maybe a few young mainstream gamers will be chocked to learn that there is an other handheld console beyond the Nintendo DS and the PSP. ;) And that it's very much alive! Especially these days...

Also...an other Genesis/Mega Drive game coming out next year? Excellent news.