IGNORED

Halloween themed gaming time!

Rik

Halloween!Yaaaaaay,is quickly approaching.Its my favorite time of year.I've started playing horror themed games that i have for 2600,7800,INTV.Midnight Mutants is my all time fave.Anyone else getting a head start and playing their fave horror game?

Edited by Rik

Halloween!Yaaaaaay,is quickly approaching.Its my favorite time of year.I've started playing horror themed games that i have for 2600,7800,INTV.Midnight Mutants is my all time fave.Anyone else getting a head start and playing their fave horror game?

I have none, If I did, I would be playing any Jason games on NES or Genesis. Maybe Splatter house 2 or 3?

For the longest time, I had a Midnight Mutants box and instructions (with no cart). Then earlier this year I finally found one. Paid $10. Unfortunately, even after careful and extensive cleaning, I haven't been able to get it to work...

Don't know if this if the case for you,BUT,are you using the pro-lines when trying to play MM?or using a 3rd party stik?.Don't ask me why,MM will NOT work with 3rd party stiks,you'll just get a black screen.Another member experienced the same problem a while back,switched to the pro line,as i suggested and voila,the game worked.Try it regardless,you'll see what i mean.Hope that helps.

Dracula for the Inty is one of my all-time favorites. The 2p mode was just so cool.

I was always partial to Ghost Manor on the 2600.

More recently I've had a Halloween tradition of playing Zombie Revenge on the Dreamcast while waiting for Trick or Treaters. I can't resist some House of the Dead 2, either

Konami's Crypt Killer - the arcade (and Saturn) game was always a guilty pleasure. I love the pump-action shotgun and "look left! look up!" voice over. Not the greatest game in the world, but I always enjoyed it.

Splatterhouse is one of my favorite TG-16 games, and I picked it up for the VC. Sadly I haven't been able to finish it...

Another guilty pleasure is Ghost House - the SMS card game. Granted, it's been what, 20 years since I've played it, so I'm probably looking back with rose-colored glasses but I always loved that game. It always gets panned, but I found it a lot of fun. Repetitive, but fun.

Not classic/retro gaming, but I just finished Dead Space: Extraction on Wii and I'm starting to play through again on the hard difficulty level. It's a really unique, story-heavy light gun game. Definitely worth a play through. I have the itch to play some House of the Dead: Overkill, too...

My best buddy and I chunked, I kid you not, $40 into a Crypt Killer machine one night back in high school and I promise you, had $60 worth of fun doing it! I would consider getting a Saturn if the port is anywhere close to as fun as the arcade...

I went through my PC horror games tonight,besides the excellent Resident Evil series,i found Sega PC:The House Of The Dead.I bought that several years ago used,and forgot all about it!Going to try that one out tonight!Also,Blood,Blood 2 The Chosen,and the Nightmare levels are really excellent.I remember the first couple resident evils for the PC,the only games that really did scare me,and make me jump from my chair!

For the longest time, I had a Midnight Mutants box and instructions (with no cart). Then earlier this year I finally found one. Paid $10. Unfortunately, even after careful and extensive cleaning, I haven't been able to get it to work...

Don't know if this if the case for you,BUT,are you using the pro-lines when trying to play MM?or using a 3rd party stik?.Don't ask me why,MM will NOT work with 3rd party stiks,you'll just get a black screen.Another member experienced the same problem a while back,switched to the pro line,as i suggested and voila,the game worked.Try it regardless,you'll see what i mean.Hope that helps.

Golly! You were right! I usually just use a Genny stick, since most games work fine. I didn't even read the directions first to notice the game needs two buttons to play. Once I plugged in the Proline, the game came up (haven't had time to play it yet, really).

My best buddy and I chunked, I kid you not, $40 into a Crypt Killer machine one night back in high school and I promise you, had $60 worth of fun doing it! I would consider getting a Saturn if the port is anywhere close to as fun as the arcade...

Cool, I thought I was alone in my love of that cheesy game. Yeah, the Saturn port is pretty chunky, but the 3-player pump-action shotgun and closed-off cabinet (IIRC it had a curtain you'd draw to enclose you in the game) was awesome.

My Halloween tradition used to be a lengthy game of Atari 2600 Halloween. However, as most of the long-timers of this forum are aware, I just can't bring myself to play a game without wanting to top my current high score on it. AndI just don't have athe time or the wherewithall anymore. This year, I'm planning on tackling Land of the Dead for the Xbox. Not "classic" per se, but it is a discontinued system, so it'll do.

For classic mac games i always thought the Dark Castle series was pretty good at being Halloween themed. The Mac version was black and white (as were most macs back then) but the first game was available on the Amiga, IIGS and Atari ST. This was one of the few games i thought looked better in black and white than in lower resolution colour, it would of been interesting if they made this game in the high res mode for the ST instead of the coloured lower res. I don't think Beyond Dark Castle was made for the other platforms though IIRC.

Another game that is really good is the PC version of 3DO KILLING TIME.There's Zombie hunters with 2 headed hunting dogs.Killer Klowns,Demonic maids,cleaver throwing psycho Chefs,and about 20 other monsters and beasts.The soundtrack is super creepy,just a really really bizarre game,which i'm going to replay tonight! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in the middle of a saved state game of Midnight Mutants, but I need help!

How do I find the Mega Blaster. Grandpa Munster said it is hidden at the dead end of the cavern. I don't see anything at the dead end.

Do I need to go a step further to find the Mega Blaster or am I at the wrong dead end?

Edited by ttom