IGNORED

multi-game cartridge for the 2600?

TheXFactor

Way back once upon a time (when I went to a Hess' Department store to get a copy of Haunted House for my birthday one year), I seem to remember seeing what appeared to be a multi game cartridge for the 2600 in the display case. Since we were in a rush I didn't get a chance to ask the clerk to see if, and of course it was gone the next time I went there. I only managed to see part of the front of the box, but it seemed like it contained basic version of several of the available 2600 games at the time. Does this ring a bell with anyone? Was anything like this commercially available, or was it an industry thing that inadvertently made it's way onto the retail floor? I remember a few of the stores had displays where you could play several different games (Superman and Adventure among them), but I don't know if that was powered by a single cartridge or something else.

• 1 year later...

Did it look like this?

I mainly saw the spine, but that color sure looks like what I remember. What's strange is that this was in a U.S. store, and from what I read on the site here that cartridge was only released in Europe. Did anyone here purchase it domestically?

Bumping this back up to the top.

• 1 month later...

What more do you want to know?

The 32 in 1 Game Cartridge from Atari was PAL and released in Europe.

8)

I was curious if anyone came across an NTSC version. I definitely saw it for sale, so I don't know how a PAL cartridge would have ended up in a Hess' Department store back in the day.

What more do you want to know?

The 32 in 1 Game Cartridge from Atari was PAL and released in Europe.

8)

I was curious if anyone came across an NTSC version. I definitely saw it for sale, so I don't know how a PAL cartridge would have ended up in a Hess' Department store back in the day.

Could it have been a pirate 32 in 1 cartridge :ahoy: :ahoy: arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Edited by SekOner

Could it have been a Xonox double-ender cartridge that you saw? Or maybe even a ROM Scanner or a Supercharger?

Could it have been a Xonox double-ender cartridge that you saw? Or maybe even a ROM Scanner or a Supercharger?

I dunno. You have any links for me to look at? :D

I don't know either.

Are you sure it was that cart?

8)

Not 100% sure, no. And short of me working with a hypnotist to try and isolate/recall the specific image from my memory (which can actually be done, BTW), I guess whatever it actually was is just going to be lost to history.