IGNORED

WHO or WHAT is Pac-Man?!?!?!?

segasaturn

Actually, its a little know fact that pacman was designed by none other than the father of modern psychology, Sigmund Freud. It was a means of teaching his theories to the unwashed masses.

Pac is meant to represent a classic oral fixation case.

Pacman's mother was a prostitute that abandoned him at an early age, leaving him in stuck in the childlike oral fixation stage - hence the character's lack of secodary sexual characteristics, such as pubic hair or deep voice.

Given the massive success of Pacman, its a complete mystery as to why Namco eventually pulled the plug on Freud's anal-fixation based sequel!

Pac is meant to represent a classic oral fixation case.

Wow, the info on that page is about as generic as astrology:

http://changingminds.org/explanations/learning/freud_stage.htm

There are a lot of people who have all of those personalities at the same time. No wonder Freud recanted. :D

I am surprised that when it was first launched, the PC brigade didn't try and get it banned or the first part of the name changed to something less derogatory (as the first part of the name is similar to a derogratory term for a certain part of the asian community)

Mind that in Japan, it was named Puck-Man, this was changed for the American version to Pac-Man, so that vandals wouldn't get the idea to change the first letter to something else.

Hmmm...

Buckman?

Duckman?

Muckman?

Tuckman?

Yuckman?

Luckman?

I don't understand....ohhhhhh...NOW I get it...Suckman. Yeah, that would be just terrible. :D

According to the Japanese creator,the round shape of Pac-Man with a triangular slice taken out was inspired by a Pizza Pie with one slice taken out IIRC.Saw that on a gaming documentary on You-Tube

I've also heard that this is just a myth.

Anyone have a link other than some doofus on youtube or wiki?

It was mentioned in interview found on pac-man world 3 (I've got the gamecube version)

According to the Japanese creator,the round shape of Pac-Man with a triangular slice taken out was inspired by a Pizza Pie with one slice taken out IIRC.Saw that on a gaming documentary on You-Tube

I'll go with what came from the HORSES mouth,the CREATOR of Pac-Man himself,Toru Iwatani,who stated that in the video i saw.

Edited by Rik

It was mentioned in interview found on pac-man world 3 (I've got the gamecube version)

I have PacMan World 2 & 3 for PS2 but do you unock it, or what? How do you get it?

I'll go with what came from the HORSES mouth,the CREATOR of Pac-Man himself,Toru Iwatani,who stated that in the video i saw.

Good enough for me. I never saw the interview. And I don't trust anything on YouTube or Wiki.

Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man were exiles from Flatland, transferred to a dimension where they had nourishment, but could do nothing more than eat and flee from the ghosts that inhabited the labyrinths of this dimension. They did, however, have a chance to meet and mate, hence Jr. Pac-Man and Baby Pac-Man.

At some point the Maze Dimension expanded, and the Pacs became spheres with a wedge missing. Yet they were still doomed to haunt the mazes along with the ghosts.

Actually, its a little known fact that the 2600 pacman designer saw a cheese pizza with a single pepperoni piece on it.

Also the pizza had a single square slice removed from it.

If not for that careless pizza pie all those years ago, we would have an arcade perfect pacman port and the video game industry wouldn't have crashed!

Edited by RevEng