IGNORED

Article: ColecoVision: Gone but Not Forgotten

VectorGamer

Holy crap!

"amongst the rest, and that is the unforgettable classic, the Atari ColecoVision."

"The Atari ColecoVision's vast library of cartridges contributed to its fast paced success and popularity. According to Wikipedia"

"Atari's ColecoVision also offered several expansion modules."

Please flame this person in the comments section!!!

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2220281/colecovision_gone_but_not_forgotten.html?cat=19

Holy crap!

"amongst the rest, and that is the unforgettable classic, the Atari ColecoVision."

"The Atari ColecoVision's vast library of cartridges contributed to its fast paced success and popularity. According to Wikipedia"

"Atari's ColecoVision also offered several expansion modules."

Please flame this person in the comments section!!!

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2220281/colecovision_gone_but_not_forgotten.html?cat=19

Did this guy get paid for this article? Maybe since his article states his source of information is Wikipedia the proofers and his editors ASSumed his article was infallible and ran with it.

Edited by Atari Dogs

I get the feeling that the "Atari" part was added on by a clueless editor.

At least I want to believe that nobody who played either Colecovision or Atari back in the day would confuse the two. Its kinda like saying you were a fan of Michael Jackson until he changed his name from Prince to the symbol, or that you enjoyed drinking Pepsi's Coke.

You know what's sad? That site paid for this article and fact checked it.

I don't know if anyone here ever used Associated Content, but it's a site that pays for articles. They have editors that fact check articles that are submitted. I've sold about a hundred on there. After a while of seeing shoddy articles on there, I sold them a science article that was complete nonsense just to see if they'd publish it. I got $10 for it.

Edited by Rev. Rob

Wow! They paid for that article? This might be an easy way to make some quick cash for people. Just throw together a few ideas and right something up. Don't worry about facts, just hammer out some garbage, email it in, and collect your cash.

Allan

Wow! They paid for that article? This might be an easy way to make some quick cash for people. Just throw together a few ideas and right something up. Don't worry about facts, just hammer out some garbage, email it in, and collect your cash.

Allan

Anyone can do it!

Maybe the facepalm can be also given to us, the people who go check it out because each one thunsand views this article gets is 1.50$ given to this person. Seems not much first but it's a way to make easy money, specially if you don't verify your informations. And if you check the articles written by this person, there's only 3 articles and all written in the same week.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/621211/v_mcneil.html

And the reference about 1.50$ may change depending on "clout level" explained here :

http://www.associatedcontent.com/resources_performancepay.shtml

• 2 weeks later...