IGNORED

Harmony Software and BIOS

batari

Nathan,

I'm using XP. I have sorted them on the SD card, so after they are on it. How would I sort them before? I have used the right click "arrange icons by" and then picked name.

Take care,

RG

The ordering of the files is set when they are copied onto the SD card, so you need to sort the files before you perform the copy. Once you have copied the files onto the SD card it is too late to change the ordering.

In other words, create the folders on the PC first (e.g. on the Desktop) and make sure the contents are properly sorted. Then copy the sorted folders directly onto the SD card.

It is possible to change the order of the file after they have been copied onto the SD card, but you must use a program like DriveSort.

Chris

Thank you! That did it. So, you shouldn't just take roms and extract them to the sd card. I have been doing that in that I have a sd card reader and it is easier than plugging in the harmony each time. I'll try the sorting program and I'll add, move around, etc. in the folders on my desktop and then copy, paste. Take care and thanks again.

Hi

Is anyone experiencing problems saving certain games into the SD card? I have a few that just will not transport, like:

Waterworld, Subterranea, Startegy X, Stargunner and a couple dozen others. Any suggestions???

Thanks in advance

What happens when you copy these games onto the SD card - do you get an error message of some kind? I assume this is happening on your computer - what operating system are you using (PC, Mac, Linux)? Also, what version of the harmony software are you using (open the [.] entry on the main screen and look at the version number)?

Chris

Hi

Is anyone experiencing problems saving certain games into the SD card? I have a few that just will not transport, like:

Waterworld, Subterranea, Startegy X, Stargunner and a couple dozen others. Any suggestions???

Thanks in advance

What happens when you copy these games onto the SD card - do you get an error message of some kind? I assume this is happening on your computer - what operating system are you using (PC, Mac, Linux)? Also, what version of the harmony software are you using (open the [.] entry on the main screen and look at the version number)?

Chris

I suspect the problem is too many files on the root of the SD card, seeing as how you got to the S's and it stopped (That's Swordquest - Waterworld.) The limit is a few hundred files and after that, you get a "disk full" or other strange error. This is a limitation of FAT12/16 formatting.

Reformat as FAT32 and you can fit more files on the root, or put the files in directories.

Edited by batari

Hi

Thanks in advance

Chris

PC laptop, let me check on those things you mention and let you know, see what you think. Thanks a lot!!!

Hi

Thanks in advance

Chris

I suspect the problem is too many files on the root of the SD card, seeing as how you got to the S's and it stopped (That's Swordquest - Waterworld.) The limit is a few hundred files and after that, you get a "disk full" or other strange error. This is a limitation of FAT12/16 formatting.

Reformat as FAT32 and you can fit more files on the root, or put the files in directories.

Oh yea.... I have not tried a separate card! duh! Thank you! !! :)

• 1 month later...

A question:

The 60 hz PAL bios image and EEPROM loader is a fix for PAL TV systems to run with 60 hz? As i know, PAL standard is 50 hz. Never heard a PAL TV with 60 hz.

You can use PAL60 or PAL50 bios, whichever you prefer, since most PAL TVs can sync to 50Hz.

A question:

The 60 hz PAL bios image and EEPROM loader is a fix for PAL TV systems to run with 60 hz? As i know, PAL standard is 50 hz. Never heard a PAL TV with 60 hz.

Regards.

Hi most "modern" PAL tvs (probably anything built after 1990 ish) can handle a PAL signal at 60hz often called PAL60. This is similar to an NTSC signal, but the colour encoding still needs to be done in a PAL compatable way.

I would guess the PAL60 bios is the same as the NTSC bios, but with the colours altered because PAL 2600s use a different colour palette.

I hope that makes sense....

P.S. I can't wait for my Harmony cart :)

That PAL-60 is just for the menu right? It would be cool if the games actually could run at 60 Hz (NTSC carts...) to get proper speed on PAL units.

If you run an NTSC rom image on a PAL console it will output a PAL60 signal, but the colours will be different than those intended.

Most homebrews are released in NTSC, and PAL60 - since PAL60 works on almost all TV's people will actually have now, it's not worth the considerable effort required to convert the game to 50hz.

The very first of the production version of the Harmony should be in the hands of users soon. If you have a production Harmony, do not use the BIOS versions posted in this thread. BIOS versions 1.02 or older will not work on production Harmony carts.

The production Harmony ships with BIOS version 1.03. This version has been posted here:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/154252-harmony-bios-version-1-03-released/

The new BIOS works on preproduction and prototype Harmony carts as well.

• Like 1

The very first of the production version of the Harmony should be in the hands of users soon. If you have a production Harmony, do not use the BIOS versions posted in this thread. BIOS versions 1.02 or older will not work on production Harmony carts.

The production Harmony ships with BIOS version 1.03. This version has been posted here:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/154252-harmony-bios-version-1-03-released/

The new BIOS works on preproduction and prototype Harmony carts as well.

I probably should take this opportunity to release version 1.1 of the HarmonyCart software as well, which will include the latest BIOS files. I'll forward them to you later this evening by PM. Also, is there a special location on AtariAge where HarmonyCart will be hosted? It would be nice to have a standard, consistent link.

• Like 1