IGNORED

Game Console covers revisted

oldjd

So,is this the final Vectrex cover or is there more refinement to be had? :)

Missed these pictures being posted.I believe that based on Chris and Barbs discussions that we have the final product done.

There are some minor tweaks,but only with the logo and some different fonts.

At this point,the logo/fonts tweaks would be a option

I am obviously partial in this opinion,but Barb(wife) has put alot of time and effort into this.We are also grateful to Chris for the use of the machine in order to make an accurate design.

I think the pictures show the attention she paid to getting this spot on.

And the really good news is that she has started making them in larger volume(3 a week)....lol

Anyway, to those of you that have been waiting,and to those who had the earlier units....I think we have a winner!

And she(Barb) can be contacted thru her email which is:Nannyssewingtreats@yahoo.com

• 2 weeks later...

Good Evening all! The Vectrex cover is finished and I am attaching pictures. As you can probably tell from how long ago Jerry started to post regarding this project, a lot of work and effort has gone into making this cover the best possible. I can't even begin to thank Chris aka 'Vectrexer' for all of his input and suggestions, not to mention the loan of one of his machines.

Based on the feedback from Chris and other respected gamers, the cover is finished and ready for sale! I will be putting covers in our eBay store at a price of $28.50 each plus shipping. For all our friends here on AtariAge, we will discount the price to $23.50 each plus shipping. Just send me a PM and I will send you an invoice through PayPal, this is the only payment option we can give.

Last but not least, I also make covers for many other consoles, please refer to the opening thread that Jerry 'oldjd' posted with pictures that show the various types available.

Thank you all for your interest and patience, hope to hear from you soon!

Barb

nannyssewingtreats@yahoo.com

post-26241-127312019765_thumb.jpg

post-26241-127312021582_thumb.jpg

post-26241-127312023128_thumb.jpg

post-26241-127312024166_thumb.jpg

post-26241-127312026157_thumb.jpg

post-26241-127312027722_thumb.jpg

I just got back from vacation yesterday & found my Vectrex cover in the mail. I fit it on my Vectrex this morning & am very happy with the fit--good work! I recommend it highly--the embroidered logo is great as well!

One question: it has a *very* strong smell--is this brand new vinyl that is outgassing? I left the cover sitting out in the garage overnight & could smell it as soon as I entered the garage this morning.

Thanks!

-Jason

I just got back from vacation yesterday & found my Vectrex cover in the mail. I fit it on my Vectrex this morning & am very happy with the fit--good work! I recommend it highly--the embroidered logo is great as well!

One question: it has a *very* strong smell--is this brand new vinyl that is outgassing? I left the cover sitting out in the garage overnight & could smell it as soon as I entered the garage this morning.

Thanks!

-Jason

Jason,

Outgassing???LOL

That cracked me up.

My first instinct was to say yeah its a new fragrance called"Taco bell after hours"

I asked nanny(barb) and she says yes probably due to the material,but she also uses a powder,on the fabric to keep the machines needle from binding up when doing the actual embroidering.

So,it could be a combo of both

I like the official logo embroidery. I do not have a Vectrex, but I would certainly my much more interested in your covers (for other systems) if you would put the logos on them. Are you seriously going to be sued by Atari because you embroidered the logo and font on a homemade vinyl dust cover? Maybe you couldn't advertise it that way, but discuss each cover individually; ask each buyer what they want on the cover?? Just a thought. Covers look great, though.

Jason,

Outgassing???LOL

That cracked me up.

My first instinct was to say yeah its a new fragrance called"Taco bell after hours"

I asked nanny(barb) and she says yes probably due to the material,but she also uses a powder,on the fabric to keep the machines needle from binding up when doing the actual embroidering.

So,it could be a combo of both

Hmm, strange--certainly a pretty strong smell even a week or so after I received it. Perhaps there's a smoker in your household? Just curious--it's fading & I'm sensitive to odors anyway, so don't mind me. And, to all, don't let my comments turn you off--I'd still buy another cover in a heartbeat from Barb!

Thanks,

-Jason

• 2 weeks later...