IGNORED

Game Console covers revisted

oldjd

<br />Well I got the Vectrex cover from Oldjd's wife today, I think it's ready so here is it modeling on my vectrex <a href='http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=name&id=1655574770#/photo.php?pid=30161837&op=1&o=global&view=global&subj=1655574770&id=1128450064' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow'>http://www.facebook....0&id=1128450064</a><br />
<br /><br /><br />

I see No pics on this facebook link...

ERROR!!!

Jason,I thought the pictures were posted with vgc,and he moved them here??

Carmel,you are making a good suggestion,however the problem is that if you dont have the exact machine to use as a guinea pig,then you either have to do like she did with the vectrex...which by the way was done from drawings and measurements,or taking a shot .....

All the covers she has done thus far except for the vectrex,were with gutted consoles I had,or I borrowed from my kids.Example she made one for the Wii,and is currently working on one for the Xbox 360.

Now if you know someone who would be willing to sell a bunch of consoles like you suggested, cheap,the market would Im sure be larger

But,I also think she would run the risk of,again using the Vectrex as an example,putting in alot of effort and time,with promises of orders,and then get little or nothing in return.

And we both realize that there is a smaller market for the Vectrex,and naturally less demand,and thats the rub.

Kind of like building a car,with limited features and hope it sells.....and make a profit.

Ok,to address the questions about pictures,I do not have a unit to show it on,I do have pictures of the covers only.I will post those over the weekend

Jason,I thought the pictures were posted with vgc,and he moved them here??

Whoops, I missed those links in the thread--I saw only the embedded pics. My bad.

Per vgc's & others' comments, has the Vectrex cover been tightened up any?

Also, are those diagonal lines seams or folds? If they're folds, can they be ironed out?

Thank you,

-Jason

Ok,attached 2 pictures of the cover.

To answer question about the folds,on the corners those are the seams,in the middle area,those are just from being folded up.

As to being baggy,as I said in prior comment,its very difficult to get an exact fit,without having the product.The other issue is that some buyers prefer to have it loose/baggy for easy removal

I will tell you that she has sold a few of these,and there havent been any issues with those.

If your expecting an original fit cover,I dont think that would be possible,not to mention the price on these are considerably less.And the big factor is that they look good.Its not just a tan carry bag thats got a company name stenciled on.

Carmel,again as I told you,the amount of work involved with looking at pictures/drawings and measurements,makes it very time consuming,and money paid out for shipping to do trial and fit,adds up.

Like I said,if anyone here on the forum has any units they want to donate,or sell very cheap,Im all ears.

OK, I'm convinced--I'd like to order 1 Vectrex cover, please. :thumbsup:

Please remind me of how to order...mail to nannyssewingtreats@verizon.net & give my zip code to get a shipping estimate & then paypal?

Thanks!

-Jason

Thats it!

Send her your complete mailing address,so can get exact shipping .

And thank you.

Please remind me of how to order...mail to nannyssewingtreats@verizon.net & give my zip code to get a shipping estimate & then paypal?

Thanks!

-Jason

Thats it!

And thank you.

If there is any sizing issues left to be worked out I would be happy to loan a Vectrex.

Thanks!

-Jason

Thats it!

And thank you.

If she's open to overseas mailing, I'm placing an order for a Vectrex, Coleco, Atari 5200 and Atari 2600 covers :)

I would advise all who are considering to buy the Vectrex covers to hold off from doing so for the moment. I received my two covers a couple of days ago. They are made very well but they are far too big. Fair play to Barb of nannyssewingtreats, when I told her of the issue she had no hesitation in agreeing to rework them. The widths of the cover sides needs to be reduced by a couple of inches. But the height of the cover sides need extending. I am going to work out the exact measurements and send them to her before this weekend. But better still is if they could borrow a Vectrex to be 100% sure. I would have no hesitation in loaning them one of my Vectrex consoles but I live in the UK and they are in the US.

I think wait to you see photos of the cover on a Vectrex before considering to purchase.

Assuming a happy ending I'll post pics here when I get my ammended covers back.

regards

VectrexMad!

I second that motion. I received mine today. Although the quality & embroidery are great, it really does look strangely oversize. Especially in the front-to-back direction.

I hope that Barb will allow the rest of us a rework job after it's optimized.

:)

Thanks!

-Jason

I would advise all who are considering to buy the Vectrex covers to hold off from doing so for the moment. I received my two covers a couple of days ago. They are made very well but they are far too big. Fair play to Barb of nannyssewingtreats, when I told her of the issue she had no hesitation in agreeing to rework them. The widths of the cover sides needs to be reduced by a couple of inches. But the height of the cover sides need extending. I am going to work out the exact measurements and send them to her before this weekend. But better still is if they could borrow a Vectrex to be 100% sure. I would have no hesitation in loaning them one of my Vectrex consoles but I live in the UK and they are in the US.

I think wait to you see photos of the cover on a Vectrex before considering to purchase.

Assuming a happy ending I'll post pics here when I get my ammended covers back.

regards

VectrexMad!

The news is correct.Barb will have the real deal to get this perfected.To all that have bought them,there will be no problem with the modifications.She wants these right,and now we will have the machine,so no more guessing.

She told me that she has spoken with a couple of you(email)about this.If you have one,and havent contacted her,be sure to do so.

As soon as we get the updated ones ready,I will post pictures on our loaner unit.

Much thanks to Chris