Deal Alert!

cimerians

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

$29.99

* Heavy Rain

Awesome, I've been on the fence several times in regards to Heavy Rain. Have had it in my cart more than once and then didn't follow through for one reason or another. It was a game that retained it's original price for a long time, and even used copies weren't cheap. Definitely getting it now!

$29.99

* Heavy Rain

Awesome, I've been on the fence several times in regards to Heavy Rain. Have had it in my cart more than once and then didn't follow through for one reason or another. It was a game that retained it's original price for a long time, and even used copies weren't cheap. Definitely getting it now!

If you get the greatest hits version, let me know if it still requires you to do the major required bug patches before it will let you play. If those things are already pre-patched onto the disc I'll probably consider picking it up as well.

If you get the greatest hits version, let me know if it still requires you to do the major required bug patches before it will let you play.

Well I got the game today. When you go to the Gamestop website it shows the Greatest Hits version and the cost is $29.99, but the actual game they sent was the old version, opened, with a sticker that said NEW $59.99.

The moral is, Gamestop sucks. :cool:

Looks like I won't be able to let you know. :sad:

I can however confirm that in the old version you have to update over a Gigs worth of data (which cannot be performed in the background) that will take you at least 15 minutes to download after which you'll no doubt have to install the update which takes another 5 minutes.

:ponder:

Good times! :thumbsup:

I can however confirm that in the old version you have to update over a Gigs worth of data (which cannot be performed in the background) that will take you at least 15 minutes to download after which you'll no doubt have to install the update which takes another 5 minutes.

Yeah, I know ALL about the old version from a friend of mine that spent plenty of time "preparing" to play it. It's one of the reasons why I was hoping they'd actually bother with pressing a new disc for this. :ponder:

Oh well, I'll see about sniffing about the interwebs to see if others have picked it up and can confirm it.

• 2 weeks later...

Since I saw my first copy of the greatest hits in stores today, I'll bring the question up again in case anybody has had better luck.

For anyone who bought the actual Greatest Hits version of Heavy Rain, was it pre-patched for it's bug issues or is there still a hefty required download to play the game?

• 1 month later...

Wow, gamestop just emailed me a link to a coupon for $100 off a 160 or 320gb ps3. Times are tough for Sony.

Get your own at gamestop's poweruprewards.com. (it's in the 'active offers' section) I think it's even available to the free members. Valid until 5/29, so if you're not a member, there's more than enough time to sign up.

Official price drop coming soon?

Edited by Reaperman

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

At ~$110 (shipped), the Ninostarter isn't a deal in the normal sense of the word. However, it is a limited-time opportunity (closes August 31st, US-only) to add more value to an existing offer. This is clubNamco.com's website-exclusive Wizard's Edition of the upcoming Level-5/Studio Ghibli RPG Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. The Wizard's Edition as originally described would only come with the game, a plush Drippy, a hardcover Wizard's Companion book of over 300 pages, and some DLC. The Ninostarter is meant to work like Kickstarter's stretch goals, adding more content to the package depending on how many preorders they get within the active time period. So far, one goal has been reached, adding a set of 5 Ni no Kuni prints (pictures, I guess?) to the package. The second goal, if reached by August 31st, will add a physical, golden Wizard's Coin.

Anyone want to preorder a few hundred? :) The game releases in January.

onmode-ky

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...