IGNORED

Deal Alert!

cimerians

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Two 'Sega Vintage Collections' are on sale for $5 each on PS3 this week. Three vintage games in each bundle, but they're all separate downloads and stand-alone games.

The more interesting collection is Monster World since it includes the arcade version of Monster Land and a translated release of the Japanese exclusive Monster World 4. The most interesting game in the Alex Kidd collection is the arcade version of Super Hang-On. The ports are solid and some of them include new challenge missions with leaderboards.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The Target in my neck of the woods had PS3s on clearance for $100 (12GB model). Included a free game (Call of Duty Ghosts)... The mgr told me they were clearing out there remaining stock of PS3s and Xbox 360s.

I picked one up as a backup. :-)

• Like 1

Also, most Walmarts are clearing out 500GB PS3s for $150 right now.

Just purchased a 1tb drive off of Amazon ... $50 includes the install bracket... Should be here tomorrow. Still a cheap PS3 for $150.

BTW: Seen some $100 PS3s at a target in a neighboring town.. Sounds like this is corporate wide...

Wish Nintendo would do this with the WiiU when the NX hits the streets :-)

• 4 weeks later...

The weekly sale that ends today is horror themed games, and the banner for the sale said that it was week 1 so there may be another round starting this afternoon. No Ghosts & Goblins in the first week.

Prices are just ok... games may have been cheaper if it was a 'flash sale'.

• 1 year later...

After replaying Spyro the Dragon trilogy for the PS1, I decided to replay the Jak & Daxter trilogy for the PS2. Surprise surprise, I couldn't find the first one - I suspect I gave it to one of my nephews years ago.

I recall hearing it'd been remastered in HD for the PS3, so checked the Playstation Store. Sure enough, as an added bonus the trilogy is on sale for $4.99 until the 27th!

One minor downfall for me is the HD is apparently 720p, which my 2001 Mitsubishi rear projection HDTV* doesn't support. Some 720p only PS3 games will upscale to 1080, like Ratchet & Clank, but these don't so I'm relegated to 480p. Still having fun though.

* it can only handle 480i, 480p, and 1080i.

Nice, that's a lot of gaming for $5 bucks!

It is. I'm having fun, though some of the things seem harder than before - I suspect the widescreen is cropping the top/bottom rather than adding to the left/right. It was especially noticeable during the battle with Klaww - there's 3 platforms you jump around while he tosses boulders at you, one of them frequently ends up offscreen and I kept missing it when I had to jump back on it. And during cut scenes the characters heads are often cut in half.