IGNORED

HSC Season 7 Week 9: Lost Luggage

Ze_ro

Important Note: This weeks competition is over and no further scores will be accepted.

Your flight has just landed, and you try to retrieve your luggage from the automatic carousel. Suddenly, it runs amok, throwing suitcases into the air. You must try to catch the luggage before it hits the ground where it will burst open, spilling your unmentionables. Come fly with us... if you dare.

s_LostLuggage_3.png

Game Information
  • Game Name: Lost Luggage
  • Released By: Games by Apollo, 1981
  • Left Difficulty: B / Novice - Two Men
  • Right Difficulty: N/A
  • Game Mode: Game 4 - Terrorist Suitcase
  • Chosen By: godzillajoe

Post your scores right here in this thread, and I will add them to the list. Remember to play the game with the recommended game mode and difficulty settings as shown above so that your scores will be consistent with everyone elses. The deadline for posting scores is Wednesday October 21st at 1:00 AM (CST).

Current High Scores
  1. 181,011 (toymailman) [+11]
    135,177 (keilbaca) [+11]
    133,166 (Deteacher) [+11]
  2. 93,399 (Atardi) [+10]
  3. 83,852 (vjames) [+9]
  4. 6969 (shadow460) [+8]
  5. 5114 (CebusCapucinis) [+7]
  6. 4297 (Zoyx) [+6]
  7. 3852 (darthkur) [+5]
  8. 2776 (Captain Beard) [+4]
  9. 2517 (aftermac) [+3]
  10. 2191 (SpiceWare) [+2]
  11. 1695 (roadrunner) [+1]
  12. 1384 (oyamafamily) [+1]
  13. 668 (LoneWolfSeth) [+1]

Best Tips
  • toymailman [+2]

Challenges
  • None yet

TwinGalaxies Top 3
  1. 609,300 (James Randall)
  2. 277,978 (Todd Rogers)
  3. 159,335 (David Nelson)
(Game 1, Difficulty B)
Current Standings
  1. toymailman [71]
  2. Atardi [66]
  3. Captain Beard [57]
  4. godzillajoe [54]
  5. Zoyx [44]
  6. Deteacher [44]
  7. darthkur [41]
  8. shadow460 [39]
  9. keilbaca [31]
  10. vjames [30]
  11. Vectorman0 [29]
  12. SpiceWare [18]
  13. devwebcl [13]
  14. roadrunner [12]
  15. oyamafamily [11]
  16. Nathan Strum [11]
  17. homerwannabee [11]
  18. aftermac [10]
  19. CebusCapucinis [10]
  20. LarcenTyler [9]
  21. kote [8]
  22. Hornpipe2 [7]
  23. Mister VCS [6]
  24. 4Ks [4]
  25. Wickeycolumbus [4]
  26. chuckwalla [3]
  27. LoneWolfSeth [3]
  28. Shannon [2]
  29. jeremysart [2]
  30. vintagegamecrazy [2]
  31. sloth713 [2]
  32. jjd [2]
  33. ChrisKoopa [1]
  34. Impaler_26 [1]
  35. Nati [1]
  36. disjuakifa [1]

Scoring Points in Lost Luggage
  • You initially receive four points for each suitcase you catch, but after each wave of suitcases, the difficulty increases and point value for each suitcase increases by one point.

Hints and Tips

The Manual

As always, you really should read the manual. In case you don't have a copy of it, AtariAge has a typed copy available online. Unfortunately, it doesn't provide any real hints.

CebusCapucinis

My tip thus far is to A) don't stand directly on the top of the screen under the luggage carousel. Stand in the center but move your little guys down about 1 1/2 rows. If you're just above the center of the screen you can move in all four directions, allowing much quicker reflexes since you can use all four diagonals on the joystick.

Also, B) don't focus your eyes on any of the shapes once the luggage starts freaking out. I got a much higher score when I un-focused my eyes and just used my peripheral vision to register movement and color rather than shape. Peripheral vision supposedly works faster in the brain, so this would make sense.

C) I find that the suitcases tend to only fall into 3 separate spots with them being generally left/center/right. There are three positions on the screen you can 'waggle' into in these three corridors if you're in the center and nail almost all the luggage unless it switches from left/right/left/right very quickly.

toymailman

On this game, the Blue label cart/ROM is slightly different than the original Green label cart/ROM. In the original version the first wave awards 3 points per suitcase collected and then increase by one point per level. Also, there is a bug in this version as the button is essentially a "reset" switch. Yikes! Avoid pressing the button or the game game will start over (even in the middle of a wave).

The Blue label version has this bug fixed and also the first wave awards 4 points per suitcase collected. (Zoyx: After the 1st round, if you only have 75 points, you have the original (green) version. If you have 100 pts, you have the fixed version.)

If you can get past the 5k-6k range then you have it made. When starting those levels I position myself about in the center of the screen. Seems to give you the best chance of catching the luggage. Try to collect groups of luggage together (ie. on the same side) before moving to other regions of the screen.

Deteacher

This may seem like a weird tip, but on the wicked fast levels, I hold my breath and play through the level. I dunno...seems to help me.

You reach a point where it's almost impossible to lose all of your suitcases. I was scoring over 2,500 point per round toward the end. At that point, the only way you're going to lose is if a black bag hits the sides/bottom.

--Zero

That's a reasonable enough score to require a picture.

p1010099vr.jpg

EDIT: For the record, you only receive three points for the initial suitcases. It goes up to 4 after 2-3 waves but the first waves are only three points.

My tip thus far is to A) don't stand directly on the top of the screen under the luggage carousel. Stand in the center but move your little guys down about 1 1/2 rows. If you're just above the center of the screen you can move in all four directions, allowing much quicker reflexes since you can use all four diagonals on the joystick.

Also, B) don't focus your eyes on any of the shapes once the luggage starts freaking out. I got a much higher score when I un-focused my eyes and just used my peripheral vision to register movement and color rather than shape. Peripheral vision supposedly works faster in the brain, so this would make sense.

Edited by CebusCapucinis

Excuse me if your dirty mind takes this in bad taste, but I must say: my wrist hurts.

TIP #3: I find that the suitcases tend to only fall into 3 separate spots with them being generally left/center/right. There are three positions on the screen you can 'waggle' into in these three corridors if you're in the center and nail almost all the luggage unless it switches from left/right/left/right very quickly.

p1010102.jpg

Edited by CebusCapucinis

On this game, the Blue label cart/ROM is slightly different than the original Green label cart/ROM. In the original version the first wave awards 3 points per suitcase collected and then increase by one point per level. Also, there is a bug in this version as the button is essentially a "reset" switch. Yikes! Avoid pressing the button or the game game will start over (even in the middle of a wave).

The Blue label version has this bug fixed and also the first wave awards 4 points per suitcase collected.

Is the button thing the way to definitely tell?

Not sure which one is on my CC2

He mentioned scoring. After the 1st round, if you only have 75 points, you have the original (green) version. If you have 100 pts, you have the fixed version.

I have been playing the fixed version on my Harmony cart. I just checked, and I have the green original version in my collection... and what he says checks out.

Is the button thing the way to definitely tell?

Not sure which one is on my CC2

He mentioned scoring. After the 1st round, if you only have 75 points, you have the original (green) version. If you have 100 pts, you have the fixed version.

I have been playing the fixed version on my Harmony cart. I just checked, and I have the green original version in my collection... and what he says checks out.

Fixed version here as well. Whew.