IGNORED

Reversed label image ?

matcaza

Hi. I've got a question for you all Atari experts...

I own a version of the Atari 2600 cart "Berserk" that has his picture label reversed.

I've looked to my others picture label games, and this cart is the only one like that.

The title of this game is next to the top of the cart, wich I think is quite unusual.

I've got another version of the same game, picture label too, that is "normal", so it must not be a fact due to the game itself...

Have you seen something like this before?

Does somebody knows the reason for that?

Thanks for your answers, and I apologize for my poor English.

post-24727-12556555222_thumb.jpg

I own a version of the Atari 2600 cart "Berserk" that has his picture label reversed.

I've looked to my others picture label games, and this cart is the only one like that.

The title of this game is next to the top of the cart, wich I think is quite unusual.

I've got another version of the same game, picture label too, that is "normal", so it must not be a fact due to the game itself...

I have never seen one like this. Maybe someone removed the label and reversed it?

I have never seen one like this. Maybe someone removed the label and reversed it?

Well, I don't think so, the label has no wear of being removed.. That was my first idea too, but I've looked it carefully, and I couldn't find any clue of a removal, it looks too perfect!

you sure, look closley the label can be removed with a hair dryer and just melting the glue

As I said before it looks too perfect. I admit that you can remove the label with a hair dyer, but I think that it would cause damages due to the heat.

So you can remove it properly, but putting it back without having damaged it must be way harder.

And also why would someone do that?

you sure, look closley the label can be removed with a hair dryer and just melting the glue

As I said before it looks too perfect. I admit that you can remove the label with a hair dyer, but I think that it would cause damages due to the heat.

So you can remove it properly, but putting it back without having damaged it must be way harder.

And also why would someone do that?

In this case then Atari is most likley to blame, as to why someone would remove the label, thats the only way to open the cartridge as the screw is underneath.

But it is probable Atari messed up they do that sometime with games, there are 7800 games that have the end labels upside down.

I was thinking something like that too... Do you think the fact that the label is reversed, in the case of Atari messed up, makes this game even more collectible? Or does it just change nothing?

It does increase the rarity, as you won't see nearly as many carts with upside-down labels, but I don't really think it makes it more 'valuable' per se. I don't know if there's any upside-down-label collector market or anything, or rather I don't think there's that specific niche within Atari collecting.

I have a text-label Football that is upside-down, and much like yours it's pretty evident it's never been tampered with. Atari had pretty crappy quality control for a while there :D

Edited by CebusCapucinis

But it is probable Atari messed up they do that sometime with games, there are 7800 games that have the end labels upside down.

I was thinking something like that too... Do you think the fact that the label is reversed, in the case of Atari messed up, makes this game even more collectible? Or does it just change nothing?

Welcome to AtariAge :)

It will most likely not increase the price, as it can be done easily.