IGNORED

Game Universe Going out of Bussiness

Just saw this post on CL. Game Universe

Apparently Game Universe is looking to sell and may be going out of business soon. Keep an eye out as they may be having some decent sales soon. Even though I run a shop in Reading, I hate to see anyone who deals in vintage video games go out of business as there are so few such places in our region. Dave and Jaimie are both cool guys and I wish them both the best of luck, regardless of what happens.

Interesting. I wonder if that's legit or a whacky advertising post with no intentions of closing down shop. I don't go there as often as I did when they first opened, but I was in there about a week ago and didn't sense any trouble on the horizon.

The place is always busy when I have been there. They don't carry much pre NES anymore though.

Edited by bcprs1

They price a lot of their stuff directly off ebay prices. And not average ones either, they just look at the very highest buy-it-now prices and try and get that for their stuff. The place is always crowded but it is always with a bunch of screaming kids who probably were left there while their parents went to dinner or something...

The way of the video store I guess, 95% of gamers can get what they need at Target or Best Buy. As for collectors I dunno anymore, theres hardly anything classic left in "the wild" and ebay pricing has drained the fun from it. Personally I've never really enjoyed shopping in stores like this one because of the prices, I'm happy to trade for full value but buying it retail isnt for me.

Christian, you really should come by Comically Speaking in Reading and check out our shop. We are still building inventory, but are getting in tons of stuff every week. I base our prices on DP and some market research, but usually try to come in under online vendors such as like Game Dude. We are also willing to work with people, both on cash and trade, though with the volume of stuff coming in these days, we really can't pay top $ just because so many people are selling collections.

As far as GU goes, I spoke with Jamie last week and he confirmed that they are looking for an investor and may have to legitimately close down if no one steps up.

Christian, you really should come by Comically Speaking in Reading and check out our shop. We are still building inventory, but are getting in tons of stuff every week. I base our prices on DP and some market research, but usually try to come in under online vendors such as like Game Dude. We are also willing to work with people, both on cash and trade, though with the volume of stuff coming in these days, we really can't pay top $ just because so many people are selling collections.

As far as GU goes, I spoke with Jamie last week and he confirmed that they are looking for an investor and may have to legitimately close down if no one steps up.

Just when you think there is nothing left in the wild, I just got a boatload of boxed games. I had to pay more than I thought, but it was well worth it from a collectors stand point.

Just when you think there is nothing left in the wild, I just got a boatload of boxed games. I had to pay more than I thought, but it was well worth it from a collectors stand point.

Did you stop by the shop recently? If you plan to stop by in the future, let me know when and I will try to be there.

did he indicate if they are planning to sell the merchandise that they have? My guess is that they will simply move it to their online store. Sad to see them go. One more venue for classic games down. :sad:

There is no sign of a sale at the location, so I also assume stock will go to the online store.