IGNORED

Atari 2600 R/C Project

seanhq

Not only do I love Atari and retro gaming in general, I'm also into building and modding R/C cars and trucks.

Call me crazy, but I'm in the process of making a Radio Controlled (R/C) Atari 2600. I was given a dead Atari 2600 as a donor for my project but it needs a lot of clean up to look good, which isn't a problem, however I'm in search of what the actual color is for the bezel edge around the switches. It's sort of a yellow color on heavy sixers and kind of a orange color on light sixers and 4 switches.

So here's my question, does anyone know the color code for the yellow and/or orange paint around the bezel edge? I've searched around the forum and don't see anyone mentioning it, so if I overlooked a thread, please comment with a link to it. I'm thinking either a paint marker or a quick paint mix at the local Home Depot is in order once I find out what the real color is.

Also, when I get more completed on the project, I can post some pictures for those interested because I've been documenting the entire process.

Edited by seanhq

Ooh, are you going to make it kinda like a tank? I think it would be cool to have wide treads on it and have it maybe bring you drinks and stuff, or a game cart or something. Ataribot XD.

No, on the serious note, I would love to know what color this is as well: I plan to spray-mod a 2600 in the future, and would really like to re-paint the panel insert to look fresh and new.

Ooh, are you going to make it kinda like a tank? I think it would be cool to have wide treads on it and have it maybe bring you drinks and stuff, or a game cart or something. Ataribot XD.

Funny you mention this as that's exactly what I've got going so far. In the cartridge slot I also have a Combat cartridge. However I won't be using it to bring me things, I'll just have it to race around at my house and game shows.

Funny you mention this as that's exactly what I've got going so far. In the cartridge slot I also have a Combat cartridge. However I won't be using it to bring me things, I'll just have it to race around at my house and game shows.

That sounds pretty awesome! Personally, I would mount a semi weak (200-250 fps) Airsoft gun on the front. Hook it up so you can remotely shoot it, and you would have a "real" Combat Tank! :cool:

That sounds pretty awesome! Personally, I would mount a semi weak (200-250 fps) Airsoft gun on the front. Hook it up so you can remotely shoot it, and you would have a "real" Combat Tank! :cool:

The thing is, I've got to keep the weight down on the project to save on battery life. I don't plan on making it nitro powered (gas). As it stands now with my rough build and testing, I can get about 15-20 minutes of use on one 6-cell battery pack. Adding in a Airsoft gun would probably cut that down a bit, but I like the idea. Maybe I can do something with launching a cartridge out of it? Hmm...

• 1 year later...