IGNORED

Galaga For Atari 2600

seanhq

1 hour ago, johnnywc said:

Great job!  Yup, the demo only has the first 8 levels; the full version will have 99. :D

Thanks!  Yes, Novice starts with double ships.  The arcade did not do this; STANDARD or ADVANCED are meant to be more like the arcade.  The NOVICE mode is more for beginners. ;)

Yep. I just wanted to say this game is incredible. I haven't really had much chillaxation time lately, been running nonstop.

So it's been too hot to go out biking, when it's not raining) and my life seemed to be settled somewhat into a state of equilibrium (finally, yay!) and I hooked up my Atari to the tcl tv for like the first time in months. I played Baby Pacman, Rikki & Vikki, and loaded the new Galaga ROM on my Harmony 7800. All three games are amazing!?

I need to get my bedroom CRT hooked back up. The games are definitely playable but 240 over 4k lcd doesn't quit feel authentic or arcade like compared to my old tube tv.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kosmic Stardust said:

I need to get my bedroom CRT hooked back up. The games are definitely playable but 240 over 4k lcd doesn't quit feel authentic or arcade like compared to my old tube tv.

Hook up that CRT for maximum chillaxation.  These games deserve a CRT.?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

STELLA-THON

12 HOUR TWITCH ZEROPAGE HOMEBREW AUCTION &

GAMING MARATHON FUNDRAISER TOMORROW!

Auction includes

A CIB SIGNED COPY OF GALAGA

Donated by John Champeau of Champ Games!!

ALSO:

We will have a CALL-IN by John Champeau at 2PM PT!!

61131011_2019StellaFundraiserGraphic-DayBefore.thumb.jpg.1a9f94bd968e0aeca3c4aa5832c3a79b.jpg

CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS ON ALL THE AUCTION ITEMS!

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, AW127 said:

Can you say approximately, when the full version will come out?

The current plan is to release the full version on Saturday, October 19th at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo, available at the Atari Age booth.

Al will most likely add it to the AA store a few weeks after that.  It will be available in both NTSC and PAL60.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any idea over the price? I'm on a tight budget but definitely will buy, I'll begin to put money on my piggy bank. Had to buy a car because my pick up transmission gave up, that eats up a good chunk of my paycheck.

Thanks

Edited by delmero

The box looks superb, very nice comic-design!!! :thumbsup:

I just wonder a little bit about the new name. Was the renaming in "Galagon" a must, because of some copyright reasons, or was this done in wise foreside to prevent something like this, or was the name changed for any other reason? If you dont wanna answer this, it's also okay, it would just interest me. To call it simply "Galaga" would have been great, but when not possible then not.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AW127 said:

The box looks superb, very nice comic-design!!! :thumbsup:

I just wonder a little bit about the new name. Was the renaming in "Galagon" a must, because of some copyright reasons, or was this done in wise foreside to prevent something like this, or was the name changed for any other reason? If you dont wanna answer this, it's also okay, it would just interest me. To call it simply "Galaga" would have been great, but when not possible then not.

was galagon the Japanese name? All the pellet munching related games (except pesco, which i promptly pulled the trigger on - i had all the others) were pulled from the aa store recently, possibly due to copyright?

If so, cicada would be a good substitute name.

Cicada-logo.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/27/2019 at 4:48 PM, F34R said:

I don't even have a 2600 anymore (will get one eventually lol), but I wanna support this best I can.  I can play the bin on my NT Mini + 27FV310/PVM

Afaik, melody homebrews will not operate over nt mini fpga because it does not have the muscle to emulate the arm processor, which is orders of magnitude more powerful thsn the atari itself. You have to use emulation, or a physical harmony cart.

That said, the harmony should definitely run on an fpga atari, if someone designs one with a cartridge interface.