IGNORED

Galaga For Atari 2600

seanhq

10 hours ago, Kosmic Stardust said:

Afaik, melody homebrews will not operate over nt mini fpga because it does not have the muscle to emulate the arm processor, which is orders of magnitude more powerful thsn the atari itself. You have to use emulation, or a physical harmony cart.

That said, the harmony should definitely run on an fpga atari, if someone designs one with a cartridge interface.

Ahh, understood.

1 hour ago, Albert said:

The posters for Galagon arrived today!  These are double-sided, featuring the artwork from the front and back of the box.  Thank you Dave Dries for the time you put into this project!

Galagon_Poster.jpg

These look so good, so good!

• Like 2

I really hope you have the same reaction at PRG as I did at VCFMW14.  I tell you - 100% non-stop playing of the demo for the 2 days I had the 2600 on.  I even updated a Harmony cart for someone to the latest firmware so they could run the demo :)

• Like 2

Just now, Stephen said:

I really hope you have the same reaction at PRG as I did at VCFMW14.  I tell you - 100% non-stop playing of the demo for the 2 days I had the 2600 on.  I even updated a Harmony cart for someone to the latest firmware so they could run the demo :)

Maybe I should have it running on two systems.  :)

..Al

• Like 2

1 hour ago, adamchevy said:

Next we need Robotron on the 2600.  I assume the increased power of the Harmony Encore could pull it off! I can dream!

Also, this looks excellent. Can’t wait to make the purchase!

I think Robotron would still be one hell of a flicker fest, even using a Melody board.  That's one game I really can't see the 2600 pulling off very well.  And I love Robotron and own an arcade cabinet...

..Al

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Albert said:

I think Robotron would still be one hell of a flicker fest, even using a Melody board.  That's one game I really can't see the 2600 pulling off very well.  And I love Robotron and own an arcade cabinet...

..Al

Sounds like a challenge, John.?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/4/2019 at 1:35 PM, Albert said:

The posters for Galagon arrived today!  These are double-sided, featuring the artwork from the front and back of the box.  Thank you Dave Dries for the time you put into this project!

Galagon_Poster.jpg

Are these for sale along with the physical game at some point? 

MrBlackCat

• Like 1

22 hours ago, save2600 said:

Double-sided posters now? Great idea for those of us who have run out of wall space. Time to finally get some double-sided frames and start suspending these from the ceiling!   :rolling:

-edit-

oh yeah, that's right... Dungeon has maps and info on the back.   :)

If only they made double sided frames. I haven't seen such an animal.

I got sneaky back in college and rolled my own double sided posters. I had some "babe" posters on my wall and one of my female friends took offense to it. So out of respect I agreed to take them down.

What to do? ?

Then I took a John Belushi "college" poster and the hot babe, some double sided tape and made my own double sided poster. So when my friend came over, I flipped it to John Belushi. She left, and i flipped it back to the babe! ?

She eventually figured out my scheme one day she showed up unnanounced while I was frantically trying to flip it before she barged in. Clever, but not bright. Lol! ??‍♀️??‍♂️

I am much more refined now. I have body positive fine art on my walls, not cheap mass market gratuity. ?

• Haha 2

On 7/12/2019 at 2:38 AM, johnnywc said:

The current plan is to release the full version on Saturday, October 19th at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo, available at the Atari Age booth.

And? This happened now, i guess and i hope?  :)  So, the full version will be available soon, right?

Can you not rename it to "Galaga" again? Just a suggestion. ?