IGNORED

Galaga For Atari 2600

seanhq

2 hours ago, CapitanClassic said:

Maybe we need to adopt the Shareware software distribution model for Atari 2600 roms. From my understanding, the software developers only get about a $5 royalty for each game that they sell through the AtariAge store. I would guess that Al makes at least $5 himself for each game sold, with the majority of the cost going towards production of the boxes, manuals, and melody boards. (Al needs to be compensated for assembly time)

I am going to setup digital homebrew purchases in the AtariAge Store.  Once I get over the hump of getting a huge number of pre-orders shipped (which I am actively working on), I will be moving the store to new software that will better support this.  Have already spoken to several homebrew authors about it, and once I have the software in place, will open it to everyone.  And I've been researching store software for a while and have been playing around both with SaaS solutions and self-hosted solutions (on a development server). 

In addition to this, also going to use the Downloads section of the forum (currently not public) to allow anyone who has created homebrews, regardless of whether they are sold in the store or not, to upload their games and make them available for free and/or purchase.  Including systems for which we're not even selling games for (Intellivision, Vectrex, etc.)  AtariAge homebrews will also be here for completeness' sake, but in the store they will be tied directly to the physical games so you can either purchase the digital version (which will likely include a PDF manual), the physical version, or both.

..Al

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Albert said:

I am going to setup digital homebrew purchases in the AtariAge Store.  Once I get over the hump of getting a huge number of pre-orders shipped (which I am actively working on), I will be moving the store to new software that will better support this.  Have already spoken to several homebrew authors about it, and once I have the software in place, will open it to everyone.  And I've been researching store software for a while and have been playing around both with SaaS solutions and self-hosted solutions (on a development server). 

In addition to this, also going to use the Downloads section of the forum (currently not public) to allow anyone who has created homebrews, regardless of whether they are sold in the store or not, to upload their games and make them available for free and/or purchase.  Including systems for which we're not even selling games for (Intellivision, Vectrex, etc.)  AtariAge homebrews will also be here for completeness' sake, but in the store they will be tied directly to the physical games so you can either purchase the digital version (which will likely include a PDF manual), the physical version, or both.

..Al

Thanks for the status update.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...