IGNORED

What ever happened to Gorf Pluz?

Jagman

Pocket - Gorf is doing his thing obviously, not disreaspecting anyone, and if he is able judging by the posts obviously working on something when or if he can. Many of us have lives and have to pay bills outside of playing or working on video games.

We all go through difficult times in our lives. The best thing we can do is support those who create games so that maybe if we are lucky, there will be more.

Please get along and get back to Gorf Pluz. Thank you.

Absolutely. I think it's a good point to make, that none of these guys (steven, scott, tererance, carl, etc etc) owe us ANYTHING. The fact that they spent years and years on projects for the community...the one thing we have invested in all of this is anticipation! :)

I've been away from the 'scene' for quite a while, and was pleased to hear a new game Mad Bodies see an official release (although I haven't picked it up yet!) It's also very hard to believe some of these games have been slowly but surly in the works for over 10 years.. I remember seeing a PC demo of Gorf 3D back at JagFest '98! Updates are always welcome on projects as any indication that the plug has not been pulled however. I've waited this long already, I can wait longer! :)

I'll be the first to buy Gorf Pluz aka Earth God Troopers aka God Earth Troopers,....... :)

Absolutely. I think it's a good point to make, that none of these guys (steven, scott, tererance, carl, etc etc) owe us ANYTHING. The fact that they spent years and years on projects for the community...the one thing we have invested in all of this is anticipation! :)

Thanks Jagman. It's nice to see when someone understands the deal as it is. The fact is we are not working on game

code right now. What we are working on is engine code. We want to be able to get the very best out of the Jaguar.

I could have relased our games using the Atari renderer which would not allow for high frame rates and quite frankly,

not very interesting games. Sure we could port crap over like alot of people do, but our goal is and has always been

to make sure we give you the best bang for your buck and offer unique and original games. YEs those game will remind

you of your favorite classics but with some new fangles and twists so it's just not more of the same old same old.

No slight on the ports or rehashes of older games as people like those too but my only complaint with those is they

really do not excersize the Jaguar's capabilities and can be played on emulators. We want our games on Jag because

we want the Jaguar to be a unique experience and we are quite happy no one has created a working emulator for the

Jaguar. It adds to its value as a unique experience and not that we are trying to strong arm or hold the system back.

On the contrary....we want the Jaguar to be a system that has something to offer that cannot be found on any other system

for as long as possible. It will draw more fans to the system and hopefully, as a result more deevlopers hoping to show us

up(which will only be good for all Jaguar fans ultimately.) We had our rehash in Gorf Classic....it was a tribute to my all

time favorite Classic 80's game.

I've been away from the 'scene' for quite a while, and was pleased to hear a new game Mad Bodies see an official release (although I haven't picked it up yet!) It's also very hard to believe some of these games have been slowly but surly in the works for over 10 years.. I remember seeing a PC demo of Gorf 3D back at JagFest '98! Updates are always welcome on projects as any indication that the plug has not been pulled however. I've waited this long already, I can wait longer! :)

Never pulled....perhaps on hold and in the works as we try to make it more unique, and unfortunately having to find a way

to protect ourselves(sad that this is even the case)even if that takes another ten years(hope not at all as we want to get

some of these done and in the hands of the fans, but we want them to be the best they can be.)

Even if we never relase these publically, we still want to at very least prove to ourselves that

the Jag is certainly capable of more than we have seen so far.

I'll be the first to buy Gorf Pluz aka Earth God Troopers aka God Earth Troopers,....... :)

We get excited to know this and it is the handful of you fans that TRULY understand as to why we keep bothering.

We have more than enough talent to make money on current systems but there's no real fun in that. :D

Edited by Gorf

Nice Gorfy! I'm glad to see you are still around. Was afraid that things had gone south again. Hopefully you guys get everything ironed out and blow our minds yet again with an amazing title. :thumbsup:

Oh they did for sure but you can't keep a good team down. Our love for Jaguar never dies.

We're on a mission as we have been since the start to show the naysayers the Jag is no joke.

It that really our responsibility? No but we welcome the challenge.

Now some of the BS that goes on in the community, that is another story...a chapter I hope is finally closed. ;)

Edited by Gorf

Will G.E.T.(God Earth Troopers) see a cartridge release?

I have no idea.

E.G.T. (Earth God's Troopers), however, will be on a cart.

Oh! I can't wait to purchase a copy regardless of the name change. :thumbsup:

Well it used to be G.E.T but it seems Terance re-arranged the name again. :P

Will G.E.T.(God Earth Troopers) see a cartridge release?

I have no idea.

E.G.T. (Earth God's Troopers), however, will be on a cart.

Oh! I can't wait to purchase a copy regardless of the name change. :thumbsup:

Well it used to be G.E.T but it seems Terance re-arranged the name again. :P

I got $10 that says he just misspelled it. ;)

• 1 month later...

Pocket - Gorf is doing his thing obviously, not disreaspecting anyone, and if he is able judging by the posts obviously working on something when or if he can. Many of us have lives and have to pay bills outside of playing or working on video games.

We all go through difficult times in our lives. The best thing we can do is support those who create games so that maybe if we are lucky, there will be more.

Please get along and get back to Gorf Pluz. Thank you.

Edited by The Graphics Man

Well, rather then any copy at all of some screens (which are making many drool already for obvious reasons) maybe if we are lucky there will be motivation to actually work on more and get it out there (and hopefully I'll have a jag etc to enjoy it on by then too, lol :ponder: ) :love:

Still as pretty as ever!icon_mrgreen.gif

I love Shmups!

That's hardly pretty....He could have asked me to make a REAL direct video copy.

Besides that is not even close to how cool it REALLY looks with all the other

screens. Those other screens are much prettier. ;)

Well, rather then any copy at all of some screens (which are making many drool already for obvious reasons) maybe if we are lucky there will be motivation to actually work on more and get it out there (and hopefully I'll have a jag etc to enjoy it on by then too, lol :ponder: ) :love:

Um...the point was that if that rather poor vid made him like EGT, the real thing will make him soil his drawers.

Um...the point was that if that rather poor vid made him like EGT, the real thing will make him soil his drawers.

Gorf, the video made me soil my drawers. :D

Edit: If a poor quality vid can make me this excited, I can't begin to imagine what a better quality vid would do to me. I can't stress enough how much anticipation I have for this game.

Edited by STGuy1040

Edit: If a poor quality vid can make me this excited, I can't begin to imagine what a better quality vid would do to me. I can't stress enough how much anticipation I have for this game.

It's not even the vid quality Im talking about so much as it is all the other content.

Too bad I can't get these other two stooges to finish these games. If I had things my

way you'd be playing at least ten new games from us. Unfortunately, it seems that I'm

the only one who REALLY wanted to work hard at completing them all.

It's not even the vid quality Im talking about so much as it is all the other content.

Too bad I can't get these other two stooges to finish these games. If I had things my

way you'd be playing at least ten new games from us. Unfortunately, it seems that I'm

:ponder:

Tell them they have an entire community of Jaguar gamers drooling for their releases!

If it means anything, I also want to play that beat 'em up Terance is working on. :)

Edit: You have no idea how excited I was when you guys released Mad Bodies. Heck, I play it as often as Tempest and Iron Soldier.

Edited by STGuy1040

Tell them they have an entire community of Jaguar gamers drooling for their releases!

If it means anything, I also want to play that beat 'em up Terance is working on. :)

Edit: You have no idea how excited I was when you guys released Mad Bodies. Heck, I play it as often as Tempest and Iron Soldier.

It's not like I have'nt tried everything to get them to do their part.

Scott is the biggest procrastinator. I've been asking him for a good

renderer for over 10 years now.

It's not like I have'nt tried everything to get them to do their part.

Scott is the biggest procrastinator. I've been asking him for a good

renderer for over 10 years now.

I have no doubt in my mind that you have. :) I hope the team pulls together and releases something by the end of 2010; that would make my day!

I'll offer any help I can to you Gorf, I think STGuy might like to get in this with me.icon_ponder.gif

Heck yes! Nonner242 and I would be happy to help in some way.

icon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gif

We have been itchin to do something....ANYTHING since my Atari Classics Jaguar fighter dream game.

I still have other ideas stuff into my head I'd love to get out.

I just have a need to do pixel work!

jagfight.th.jpg

Edited by nonner242