IGNORED

How much is it worth?

jacobus

Someone has offered me a working Falcon 030 (stock as far as I can tell), complete will all boxes and manuals for $400.00. Is this a good deal?

thanks!

Is this someone local? If so I'd consider getting it for that price. I wish someone in my area had a falcon

for sale i could see in person... I think $400 is a very fair price. jump on it!

Maybe you have something to trade to lower the price, that's what i'd try and do.

-rick

If it's a standard Falcon with 4MB RAM and antique 60MB harddisk, i'd say it is overpriced for 400$.

150-200€ is considered a a good price for this configuration here, around 250-300$ but definitly not 400.

Bt demand drives prices up so if you can'T get i cheaper, you might get a good deal.

You have to take into consideration that the vast majority of Falcons were sold in Germany and it's neighouring countries, and that the machine was even continued by the German company C-Lab after Atari's demise. So it's only natural that the price is lower here (I bought mine for a mere 100 Euros on eBay some years back - without the VGA adaptor, but with 14 megs!).

Thorsten

I was able to pick it up today! The system works perfectly and is in amazing shape. It appears to have been upgraded with 14mb and a 524mb hard drive (stock 4/80). I need to get a VGA adapter (can anyone recommend a source?) to check it our more thoroughly, but I do know that it has Calumus loaded.

I've attached a couple of pictures of the inside - Does the memory expansion on the left also include a FPU?

As well he had a working SLM 804 Laser printer along with the adapter box - does anyone know the value of these?

Thanks again to everyone for their help!

post-11281-125652031835_thumb.jpgpost-11281-125652033041_thumb.jpgpost-11281-125652092795_thumb.jpg

Edited by jacobus

I was able to pick it up today! The system works perfectly and is in amazing shape. It appears to have been upgraded with 14mb and a 524mb hard drive (stock 4/80). I need to get a VGA adapter (can anyone recommend a source?) to check it our more thoroughly, but I do know that it has Calumus loaded.

I've attached a couple of pictures of the inside - Does the memory expansion on the left also include a FPU?

As well he had a working SLM 804 Laser printer along with the adapter box - does anyone know the value of these?

Thanks again to everyone for their help!

post-11281-125652031835_thumb.jpgpost-11281-125652033041_thumb.jpgpost-11281-125652092795_thumb.jpg

great find, congratulations... can´t wait to find a good deal myself.

also, don´t bother with people saying that it´s too expensive... all of the (few) Falcons i saw for sale on ebay recently went for a lot more than that. also, i don´t think any of the people that thinks 400$ is expensive would sell theirs for twice that amount, so...

I need to get a VGA adapter (can anyone recommend a source?)

Check with Best Electronics or B&C Computervision if you can't find one off Ebay or the Forums.

The Falcon also has an RGB adapter that works with the SC1224 color monitor.

http://www.best-electronics-ca.com/

http://www.myatari.com/

Hmm, I'm not familiar with any memory expansion for the Falcon that also added a FPU. There is an actual socket on the Falcon's motherboard for that.

Once you get it running, use an app like "SysInfo" and it will tell you everything you have on

your system.

Edited by DarkLord

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I think the memory expansion on the left is a Fastmem expansion with 16MB.

On the right side usual 4MB expansion.

This expansion do not include a FPU.

For the FPU you can find a socket under the power supply.

Lynxman

If you can find a 19 pin d-sub connector, its pretty straight forward to solder up your own VGA adapter. I wound up cutting down a db-25, but it works :)

$400 seems about right, especially in the box. As noted earlier, there's an FPU socket on the motherboard underneath the power supply.