IGNORED

Rock/Metal 8 Tracks

eyg2181

I know this is a little off topic here, but I was wondering if anyone has some 8 Track tapes laying around that they wish to get rid of.

I'm looking for classic rock/metal albums. Typically stuff you would hear on a classic or hard rock radio station.

sorry I don't have any 8 track tapes. But may be getting rid of my Metal records and posters? not sure yet?

Matt

I've been looking for 8 Tracks more actively for the last 6 yrs and it's been a bugger to find ones guaranteed to play and in good condition that aren't way overpriced. One of the The main problems I've found is that they get really brittle and fall apart many times and have crackly sound. It's even more of a bugger to replace a player. I love my album collection too and want more but it costs a small fortune to buy them and have them shipped. :x

Good luck!

Chickybaby, for an awesome 8 track player, go to eBay and do a searck for an "Akai 8 Track" for a super nice, extremle heavy, and great sounding component 8 track deck... It records too so you can put your new music on 8 track. If you want an 8 track player with am/fm radio and a good amount of inputs for other components, look for the "Panasonic RA-6600" it too is a very clear sounding and very nice unit. And the FM reception is AMAZING.

My main problem with 8 tracks is finding them. Most the time I see them they're all bands I never heard of, and when I do find a good classic rock lot, they are usually in bad shape. The last thing you wan to do is put a piece of junk tape into a nice player. Another note, those 8 tracks that have crappy music or you never heard of, make excellent recording carts (If they're in nice shape). Even if your not gonna buy an 8 track player anytime soon, search for the 2 I mentioned next time your on eBay.

-Russ

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Russ, well here is most of my records, VHS and heavy metal banners! lol. now heres the problem! I just bought a 3 bedroom house here in Langhorne. I have my bedroom, Gameroom and thinking on doing my Metal room again? Your always welcome to stop on by for game and music chat!!

Matt

PM sent about the crue flag.