IGNORED

Faceball 2600

Animan

Here's a little project i have wanted to do for a while. For those who don't know what Faceball is, it was an old Atari ST game called "MIDI Maze", where you controlled a smiley face inside a pac man like maze from a First Person View., trying to shoot your opponents. Think Doom, but older, and more basic. The game was later ported to the SNES and Game Boy (!), where it went under the title "Faceball 2000"

So far, i don't have much (Title screen, and very small arena). I just wanted to post what i have so far, and see initial reactions.

FaceBall 2600.bas.bin

post-23192-125647967952_thumb.jpg

Here's a little project i have wanted to do for a while. For those who don't know what Faceball is, it was an old Atari ST game called "MIDI Maze", where you controlled a smiley face inside a pac man like maze from a First Person View., trying to shoot your opponents. Think Doom, but older, and more basic. The game was later ported to the SNES and Game Boy (!), where it went under the title "Faceball 2000"

After the Atari ST, Xanth Park had worked on an Atari 8-bit computer version. it used a pretty small viewport, but was quite interesting. I believe it could use MIDI connections or a 850 and the R: device to connect computers together to play each other.

--Selgus

Edited by selgus

I don't know how you're displaying the field, but a better way IMO would be

if a{0} then a{0}=0 else a{0}=1

if a{0} then player1:

(insert player1)

if !a{0} then player1:

(insert other player1)

and then have them alternate. This way, you could get complete screenshots when using phosphor with Stella.

• 1 month later...