IGNORED

"Kolony 2106" premiere

I'd like to try this out, but something strange happens when I download it! My Mac (OS10.4.11) wants to append the .txt designation after the .atr and I cannot for the life of me prohibit this from happening! If I simply rename the file and chop off the .txt part - the game will not load. Can someone help me out here? Why does my Mac 'force' an .atr download to be a .txt file?

I does that to me too. Try Ctrl+Click->Save Linked File As... then change the filename to something.atr. Then when it asks if you want to append .txt say no. Seems to work for me.

Thanks for the tip. Simply hitting CTRL while trying to download it doesn't work for me, BUT... if I simply click on the link and load the entire thing into my browser and *then* go to 'save as', it gives me the option to append or not. Thanks, will have to give it a try later now!

Not sure if you need to have right clicks turned on in Preferences. If I hold the control key down and click the download link I get a context menu from which I can select the "Save Linked File As..." option.

Well I managed to break 1,000,000 for the 1st time today. Now I just need to be 5 times better :roll:

You have to collect at least 500,000,000 to win, so 500 times more. I know that it seems to be impossible for beginners, but when you get some practice you can earn even few times more than that.

My top score is about 53,000,000 now. That includes having thousands of workers, the maximum number of fields and huge amounts of goods being shipped.

It just seems to take too long to get a good factory setup before you run out of time. :(

Yes. To be honest when I started playing I was neglecting the manufacture side of things. I'm going to have another game tonight and go for bigger is better :)

BTW - I'm guessing more landing strips equal more ship visits right?

Edited by spookt

My top score is about 53,000,000 now. That includes having thousands of workers, the maximum number of fields and huge amounts of goods being shipped.

It just seems to take too long to get a good factory setup before you run out of time. :(

Yes. To be honest when I started playing I was neglecting the manufacture side of things. I'm going to have another game tonight and go for bigger is better :)

BTW - I'm guessing more landing strips equal more ship visits right?

More strips means higher possibility that ship will land, and of course bigger ships can visit your colony. When I play, usually at the end of the game, crops from all the fields could't feed all people that I have, so I must buy some part of it. I have to buy materials also, because factories consumes few times more that I am able to extract. I build plenty warehouses and airstripes. Then I buy all resources that is available to buy in order to keep production on full power, without stops due to lack of materials. Plenty of airstripes are also necessary to be able to sell your production.

I recommend you not to try earning money in the begining, but concentrate on developing your colony. Do not sell robots at the begining, unless you are on the debt and you have to. In first year I recommend to buy few more Lynx, Hades, Jaguars, and Generators. Lynx robots allows you to build more and faster, Hades robots allow you to extract more materials, Generators are needed to all activities, Jaguars are necessary to protect your colony. Good advise is to have all the time more people than you currently need. Because when your colony lacks of people it takes sometimes few months to get enough people. Even when ship will cary new poeple, you have to wait one month after hiring them until they pass a quarntine.

Time to earn a money will be at the end of game, when you develop technologies on high levels, because for more advanced robots, ship will pay more.

Edited by urborg

My copy arrived in the UK yesterday. Very cool production. There was a very small amount of damage to the box, nothing to worry about though. I wonder if in future it would be worth shipping the box flat (since it does collapse easily) ?

Excellent professional manual and I love the bonus "photon emitter" :) Thanks guys!

• 9 years later...

Wow! 10 year necro bump!

I booted up Kolony 2106 again tonight for the first time in a long while. Still a great game. Got 2 rounds in and managed to get up to just short of 40,000,000 in the second. I’m still a way off but I’m determined to beat this thing! 

Any tips from the masters?

• Like 2