IGNORED

New DSi with 4" screens

I'll stick with my DS Lite, also. Why shouldn't I, when I don't have any games to play on the new DS?

I can see $ony following suit...the new PSP Already Gone with an amazing 56 inch display! You have to unfold it to use it, and when it's folded up, there are so many sections it looks like a Rubik's Cube!

• 3 weeks later...

They just released the DSi not to long ago. I wished they made it a tad bigger like the small HP or Acer Netbooks and add a touch screen keyboard, could call it the DS Netbook and add a GBA port and USB port.

I'd punch the old granney trying to be first in line for one of those :lol: J/K

Seriously, that would be cool. Netbooks rule, I have one every where I go, and use it to play lots of gameboy SNES, etc, games.

So...when's this new DSI big screen thingy coming out anyways?

Looks like I may be picking one of these up when they come out. I just found out the other shoulder button on my DS is going out. What the hell is wrong with those anyways? The other buttons give no problems, but those shoulders, damn. The left one died a few months after I got it, and the right one is dying now that I've begun playing Nitro on it...

Looks like I may be picking one of these up when they come out. I just found out the other shoulder button on my DS is going out. What the hell is wrong with those anyways? The other buttons give no problems, but those shoulders, damn. The left one died a few months after I got it, and the right one is dying now that I've begun playing Nitro on it...

It's probably just dirty. Try some compressed air, or if you're comfortable doing it, take it apart and clean it.

• 4 months later...

The woman saw the DSi XL at Best Buy and bought it for me, thinking it was a new handheld. I didn't have the heart to tell her it isn't. :)

Anyhow, I actually really like it. Large factor for those of us with adult hands, and the screens are a drastic improvement in visibility over the smaller ones and look really great. :cool:

I'll stick with my DS Lite, also. Why shouldn't I, when I don't have any games to play on the new DS?

I can see $ony following suit...the new PSP Already Gone with an amazing 56 inch display! You have to unfold it to use it, and when it's folded up, there are so many sections it looks like a Rubik's Cube!

It sucks that they do this with handhelds instead of updating the older ones they should just put the time,effort and money into a completly new system.

Darren

Edited by Pyromaniac605

I recently upgraded to the DSi from the original DS because the near-inexistent backlight on the original was dying and it was a chunky thing.

Other than that, I'm not looking to upgrade any time soon unless the big N somehow suedes me into buying the 3DS...which I really doubt. :P

I really like the idea of bigger screens on a handheld, it just may persuade me to get one. I have heard so many places that this is for older people or those with bad eyesight. Why can't it just be that some people like bigger screens? Big screen tvs are completely in (not to mention bigger and bigger computer monitors) - are they just for old people or people who need glasses? In my opinion, I like this new DS twist from Nintendo.