IGNORED

"free" Nintendo Power issue

RJ

Anyone take advantage of this offer? Pretty sure a form packed in w/ my new DSI allowed for a free trial issue. I got the Nov issue, but today got the invoice requiring payment ($19.95) for a full year...

If anyone can help, LMK.

Best Buy pulled that crap with me a few years ago. Of course, the fine print is only made available on the receipt *after* you pay for your item and get your "free" magazine. They even had the nerve to go ahead and charge my card for the subscription without my approval. Needless to say I bitched 'em out and they reversed the charges.

Ahh, Best Buy. Not only is it subscription scams you have to deal with but also the ole "sale price does not ring up at register" scam.

Best Buy pulled that crap with me a few years ago. Of course, the fine print is only made available on the receipt *after* you pay for your item and get your "free" magazine. They even had the nerve to go ahead and charge my card for the subscription without my approval. Needless to say I bitched 'em out and they reversed the charges.

Ahh, Best Buy. Not only is it subscription scams you have to deal with but also the ole "sale price does not ring up at register" scam.

My wife and I signed up for a credit card and when we got the first bill there was a charge for insurance. Her and I even signed the form stating we did not want the insurance and checked the box. It took almost 6 months before they would agree to wipe the charges from the card. Scammers in retail from the very words..."Best Buy". Trying to contact HSBC to get rid of the charges was a nightmare...I even heard that HSBC has thier own "Debt Relief system" Watch out if you ever get into debt and call one of these guys....they may be charging you fees up front and making no payments on your behalf and making your credit even worse....read the fine print!

Anyone take advantage of this offer? Pretty sure a form packed in w/ my new DSI allowed for a free trial issue. I got the Nov issue, but today got the invoice requiring payment ($19.95) for a full year...

If anyone can help, LMK.

Just write cancel on the invoice and send it back. You should be fine. You just won't receive any further issues of Nintendo Power. Which is probably not such a terrible thing.

Nintendo Power was the shiznit back in the day (I'm talking prePokemon (for those of you who can remember that far back :P ) ) But I literally haven't touched a mag in like 10 years, beyond some of my old collection. I love it, to bad it went down hill. Yeah, I know it's a glorified "buy Nintendo stuff" mag, but it was at that point, entertaining too.

As for your "free issue" it's a Free trial issue with the assumption yo9u'll buy a subscription. But you should be able to cancel it with no problems at all, or goahead and buy a subscription if you like it.