IGNORED

Gorilla Warfare

Which is Kendallsoft's best game?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Vote here (New: Gorilla Warfare game below)

• Gwobby
    • Gorilla Warfare
    • MITE
    • Car Crash
    • Runaway Van
    • Gwobby Jr
    • Flikin Footballs
    • Bouncing Boneheads
    • Trolley Trouble
    • Other

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

It's finally here folks! After Gorilla Warfare's resounding success in the abbuc software contest, 6th place out of erm 6... maybe it was too hard or lost something in translation :D

If you don't read the instructions there are some in game, just remember the game requires basic and to hold the joystick in position to move when playing, don't try and tap it!

I'm not permitted to post ATR or Zipped files here for some reason [public safety] so download the file here gwobby website

Looking forward to any feedback (scared) ;)

Have Fun!

Edited by therealbountybob

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments Velcro_SP, had anyone else had a go :?:

The version on the web-site is slightly updated from the one entered in the abbuc contest.

The graphics (GR.12) are more blocky on Atari800Win+ (screen-shots like the one above) than on a real atari, is that just my settings or an issue with the emulators in general :?:

I'm looking at player-missile graphics and turbo-basic for my next project and suprisingly am making some progress :)

Is there anyone else still doing much in basic/turbo basic :?:

Edited by therealbountybob

Thanks Philsan, I followed your posts on the engine and was going to take a look at some point, have you created a game using this yet?

I've tried PMGs a few times and always got stuck but for the last month or two I've worked through this book Atari Player Missile Graphics in Basic from the AtariArchives site and am really getting into it. The back of this book had a reasonable appendix of all the relevant registers/addresses and their values but it's not comprehensive. If anyone has a nice chart handy that I could use that would be appreciated :)

Thanks Philsan, I followed your posts on the engine and was going to take a look at some point, have you created a game using this yet?

I've tried PMGs a few times and always got stuck but for the last month or two I've worked through this book Atari Player Missile Graphics in Basic from the AtariArchives site and am really getting into it. The back of this book had a reasonable appendix of all the relevant registers/addresses and their values but it's not comprehensive. If anyone has a nice chart handy that I could use that would be appreciated icon_smile.gif

I the last years I have tested many PMG routines, including the one you mention, but Analmux's one is the best.

With other routines you cannot have good multicolor players because they are not drawn in the same moment.

In my signature you can find the link to my last game Cookie Monster.

In AA topic you will see that for this educational game I have tried many routines before Analmux's one.

Now I am programming another game.

I will send to you a message with it attached so you can see how Analmux's routine works.

I've tried PMGs a few times and always got stuck but for the last month or two I've worked through this book Atari Player Missile Graphics in Basic from the AtariArchives site and am really getting into it. The back of this book had a reasonable appendix of all the relevant registers/addresses and their values but it's not comprehensive. If anyone has a nice chart handy that I could use that would be appreciated icon_smile.gif

I the last years I have tested many PMG routines, including the one you mention, but Analmux's one is the best.

With other routines you cannot have good multicolor players because they are not drawn in the same moment.

In my signature you can find the link to my last game Cookie Monster.

In AA topic you will see that for this educational game I have tried many routines before Analmux's one.

Now I am programming another game.

I will send to you a message with it attached so you can see how Analmux's routine works.

Thanks for sending your WIP, I've had a look and will have to spend some time on this when I've got as far as I can with the book above. I have so far managed multicoulour players expanding on the routine used in this book, with animation, but I can see already that the speed (even under Turbo basic may not quite be enough if I want to move one position at a time) so I will probably need to use the m/c routine Analmux has provided! Good luck with your programming. I'll probably start a new thread soon as I've got a bunch of questions brewing ;)