IGNORED

Show your VBXE installs!

Beetle

Hi

i finished installing a VBXE in a 130XE computer. I tried to install as low profile as possible,

because some people like to put the shield back on. It is possible :)

vbxe1.jpg

vbxe2.jpg

vbxe3.jpg

vbxe4.jpg

If you like it that low, solder your connector pins to the bottomside of the VBXE.

Also don't use a socket to put the ANTIC adaptor in, solder the adaptor to the Atari

mainboard - attention: You need to move C31 to the bottomside of the 130XE to do so.

Put some cardboard under the VBXE connector rows, to avoid shorts of the pins and the

Atari's mainboard.

Voilá - a 18mm low install of VBXE.

Have fun!

Beetle

Here you go:

vbxe5.jpg

I replaced the old video jack with an Atari ST monitor jack, using the ST standard pinout.

That way we can use stock ST color monitor like SC1224 or adapter cables to Scart/C=1084/whatever.

Greetings,

Beetle

Edited by Beetle

I replaced the old video jack with an Atari ST monitor jack, using the ST standard pinout.

That way we can use stock ST color monitor like SC1224 or adapter cables to Scart/C=1084/whatever.

Greetings,

Beetle

That's a great idea Beetle! I wonder how readily available those connectors are? (I got rid of all my ST's about three years ago.)

I have to say that the quality of the VBXE picture has surpassed my expectations. Thanks Candle, for such great product! icon_smile.gif

This is my rather inauspicious set-up at the moment, until the 13-pin din socket arrives:

post-21964-125710713952_thumb.jpg

This is the output through the seems-to-work-with-anything LG M227WD:

post-21964-125710714272_thumb.jpg

post-21964-125710714587_thumb.jpg

80 column text on The Last Word looks as clear as it does in Atari800WinPlus. I daren't imagine what it will look like when modified to use VBXE's native 80 column text mode. I just can't wait to get the Atari case put back together and start using it! icon_mrgreen.gif

Edited by flashjazzcat

FJC, did You downloaded that VBXE software pack?

if so, its there, sources included

just mount the disk under ape/atari810 and type slide.com

Thanks - I did download a lot of stuff a while ago but I guess I need to sift through it properly. I found a couple of disk images with various demos on them but only a few would run: the VBXE fire demo just hung, for example. Is there a chance the VBXE hardware mapping might be conflicting with my internal SDX at all?

I've removed the 5 pin monitor connector and have run the end of the scart cable directly through the hole in the case (the cable is taped to the side of the RF modulator to keep it secure) until the 13 pin connector arrives. I've noticed the VBXE display occasionally dims, usually when I'm pressing keys. Presumably things will be better when everythings soldered up with the proper connectors and screwed down.

Edited by flashjazzcat

Heaven's Fire demo was never ported to FX 1.20 core

forget about that stuff you've accumulated, flush it, and start fresh with vbxe soft pack

this version of core is throughtly tested and belived bug free, 1.09 was not so bug free as Electron anticipated, then 1.10 core was released among few developers to test it a bit more

current core (which would be official 1.10) was renamed to 1.20