IGNORED

Black Atari Briefcase?

dommie

Hey everybody,

I just got back from picking up a craigslist find and included in the lot is a black plastic molded briefcase for packing up a 2600. It's molded to fit 1 2600, 2 joysticks, a set of paddles, and 12 games. It has the Atari name and logo molded predominantly on the lower-right hand side. I couldn't find any other markings or model numbers or anything on it, and I've never seen one before. Anybody have any idea how common (or uncommon) this case is? I can add pics if nobody knows what I'm talking about.

T.I.A.

Hey everybody,

I just got back from picking up a craigslist find and included in the lot is a black plastic molded briefcase for packing up a 2600. It's molded to fit 1 2600, 2 joysticks, a set of paddles, and 12 games. It has the Atari name and logo molded predominantly on the lower-right hand side. I couldn't find any other markings or model numbers or anything on it, and I've never seen one before. Anybody have any idea how common (or uncommon) this case is? I can add pics if nobody knows what I'm talking about.

T.I.A.

If it has the box, pick it up, loose you can find them all the time.

Hey everybody,

T.I.A.

I already picked it up. Here's what I got: 2 4-switch woodies, 1 complete in box, 1 came in that black briefcase, 14 games, most were commons except Beefsteak Tomatoes, a Mario Bros complete in box, and E.T. complete in box, manuals for all the games and systems. The guy was asking $125, I haggled him down to $80. I figured it was worth it for the CIB system, the CIB Mario Bros, and the briefcase thingy. An ok deal? I just planned on bundling them and flipping them on EBay.

You might flip them but I'm not so sure you'll get your $80 back out of it, to be honest...

Yeah, it was a risk-taking call. I had to make a decision, did some quick math, and went with it. I figured I'd bundle the systems with a bunch of common games. The big factor was that black briefcase. That was the big unknown for me.

What would you set for a price for the black briefcase, a 2600, 12 games, 2 joysticks, and a set of paddles on EBay? Is $40 too high to start?

• 1 year later...

You must live in the Magical Atari Kingdom where everything grows on trees! Can I move there? You can't find anything in Idaho at ALL! Well, except cows and potatoes.

Sorry man, I picked Idaho clean in the 1990's....

patience my friend!

Oh, man! Nice! So is that a patience = "Keep looking and eventually you'll find your own"? Or patience = "Hold on a moment and I'll sell you one of mine"?

He means keep looking. I think Nofrills100 might be a hoarder. I think I saw him on an episode of HOarders last year. He is always posting pictures of 5-10 of the same thing.

Is this it.

Hey! That's the original case I posted about on this thread! I made a video about it before I sold it and posted it on youtube. That's pretty weird. I had subscribed to this thread back when I first started it and forgot about it - then I started getting notices about updates. Anyhow, good job finding my video about the original case I posted about a few years ago!

--dommie (aka classicgamesrevisited.com)