IGNORED

New iPhone / iPod Touch / Android Forum Skin

Albert

I have installed a new iPhone / iPod Touch/ Android specific skin for the forum. This replaces the "Lo-Fi" skin that would come up by default when browsing on an iPhone/iPod Touch/Android phone. The new skin is very fast and should allow you to access most of the forum functionality (not including other modules such as the Blog and Gallery--if you want to view them on your iPhone / iPod Touch / Android phone, you should use the normal skin). You can also view / send PMs, which you could not do with the Lo-Fi skin.

This skin will come up automatically when browsing the forum on an iPhone, iPod Touch, or Android phone. If you want to get back to the normal forum skin, you can do so by selecting "View Desktop Version" at the bottom of the page.

Enjoy!

..Al

Oh man. This is nice!

Indeed!! It makes it much nicer to browse the forums on an iPhone/Touch and it is lightning fast.. The developer has stated that he will likely add support for the Blog and Tracker modules, which would be nice (especially for the Blogs, which are heavily used here!)

..Al

Apparently Apple & Google are working on standardizing emoji for web use. The issue is emoji is in the "private use" part of Unicode, and there's 3 different sets of emoji codes depending on which cell phone provider you're using in Japan. To make it even worse, the codes often overlap in a conflicting way.

In the mean time, Cal Henderson's done some work in a PHP Library that converts emoji codes to web compatible images.

Apparently Apple & Google are working on standardizing emoji for web use. The issue is emoji is in the "private use" part of Unicode, and there's 3 different sets of emoji codes depending on which cell phone provider you're using in Japan. To make it even worse, the codes often overlap in a conflicting way.

Holy cow, I had no idea..

In the mean time, Cal Henderson's done some work in a PHP Library that converts emoji codes to web compatible images.

That's pretty interesting. I don't imagine we'll see support for this in the forum anytime soon, although it would not surprise me if some enterprising third-party developer created a modification for Invision that display the proper iPhone emoji images (since there's a limited number on the iPhone, and it's quite easy to rip the images right from the phone)..

..Al

This is what i see on my Meizu M8 SE (the iphone killer) ;)

3 pics also without the toolbar at the bottom.

There's an iPhone killer? ;)

You're seeing the normal forum skin. This new skin will only display for the iPhone and iPod Touch. If you want to change your user agent to emulate an iPhone / Touch, you'd see it then, but the skin may not display optimally. The skin's author is hoping to support a wider range of mobile devices down the road.

..Al

This is what i see on my Meizu M8 SE (the iphone killer) ;)

3 pics also without the toolbar at the bottom.

There's an iPhone killer? ;)

You're seeing the normal forum skin. This new skin will only display for the iPhone and iPod Touch. If you want to change your user agent to emulate an iPhone / Touch, you'd see it then, but the skin may not display optimally. The skin's author is hoping to support a wider range of mobile devices down the road.

..Al

Ok,then hopefully later on i will see it.

It's possible the skin author is taking advantage of Safari-specific "features", as when I looked at the skin in Firefox it has various problems. What is the screen resolution of your phone? Can you tell me what user agent your phone's browser reports? I can try enabling it for that user agent and you can see how it looks.

..Al

It's possible the skin author is taking advantage of Safari-specific "features", as when I looked at the skin in Firefox it has various problems. What is the screen resolution of your phone? Can you tell me what user agent your phone's browser reports? I can try enabling it for that user agent and you can see how it looks.

..Al

The screen resolution is 480×720, as for the user agent,im not sure what you mean but the phone uses Mmobile (based on Windows CE6.0) as its operating system and im not sure what browser it uses.

The screen resolution is 480×720, as for the user agent,im not sure what you mean but the phone uses Mmobile (based on Windows CE6.0) as its operating system and im not sure what browser it uses.

Nice resolution - bet the text is nice and crisp!

The skin looks like this:

post-3056-125789500604_thumb.png post-3056-125789501127_thumb.png post-3056-125789505036_thumb.png

Nice resolution - bet the text is nice and crisp!

Yes it is quite amazing,watching videos on the phone is incredible,its even better and crisper than watching lcd tv..and pics look fantastic as well