IGNORED

Anyone ever ship to Spain?

yuppicide

I got a guy on eBay asking to buy some stuff off me. I stated I ship to United States only, but I thought what the heck and decided to get him a shipping quote.

Should I even bother?

Ive shipped a few items to spain. Rule of thumb if its over 4lbs total it has to go Priority International. I dunno what your selling but keep that in mind when you calculate shipping. With the USPS you dont get a tracking number persay. They give you a number on your customs form and you can track the package on there website till it leaves the country after that its gone. UPS does offer tracking so does FEDex but they charge an arm and a leg.

When i sell international on ebay the rule I use is that you pay actual shipping cost ad agree and understand that once it leaves the United States its out of my control and Im no longer responsible for the package.

Ive personally never had any issues

Ive shipped a few items to spain. Rule of thumb if its over 4lbs total it has to go Priority International. I dunno what your selling but keep that in mind when you calculate shipping. With the USPS you dont get a tracking number persay. They give you a number on your customs form and you can track the package on there website till it leaves the country after that its gone. UPS does offer tracking so does FEDex but they charge an arm and a leg.

Yeah, UPS and FedEx aren't realistic options for lower-priced items. USPS Priority Mail International is trackable now, so you could always require that for any items, even though it's more expensive (and as you said, it's required for items over 4 pounds now). I've found that even though the customs numbers aren't generally trackable from the USPS website (especially electronically generated customs forms), they sometimes can be tracked once they enter the destination country, from that country's postal service website.

When i sell international on ebay the rule I use is that you pay actual shipping cost ad agree and understand that once it leaves the United States its out of my control and Im no longer responsible for the package.

If you accept payment with PayPal, the buyer could probably still screw you over. All they have to do is claim the package never arrived, and if you don't have tracking information you are out of luck. :(

..Al

Yeah, UPS and FedEx aren't realistic options for lower-priced items. USPS Priority Mail International is trackable now, so you could always require that for any items, even though it's more expensive (and as you said, it's required for items over 4 pounds now). I've found that even though the customs numbers aren't generally trackable from the USPS website (especially electronically generated customs forms), they sometimes can be tracked once they enter the destination country, from that country's postal service website.

If you accept payment with PayPal, the buyer could probably still screw you over. All they have to do is claim the package never arrived, and if you don't have tracking information you are out of luck. :(

..Al

not everybody is a crook!...

yes! Please ship to Belgium!!! :lust:

I have 4 people watching the auction now, as opposed to only 1 before. So, I'm probably just going to say no.

Aren't there places that they can place bids with someone in the US, they pay that person for the item, shipping, and a fee? This way I avoid all the hassle. I know there's services like that if I want to buy from another country.

Edited by yuppicide

Well, I'm from Spain and I sometimes ask "US only sellers" to let me bid

My advice is: look at the feedback. Brand new buyers might not understand the difference in shipping time and risks involved compared to domestic shipping.

On Oct 29th I bought an X-arcade tankstick, a very big and heavy package. I was sure I would be stopped at the customs but the USD to EUR ratio made me take the risk. To my surprise, I got the package Nov 4th and I had tracking all the way along, even email alerts!. Shipping was USPS International Priority, if you use that it seems you have tracking

Don't think expensive shipping costs will drive europeans away, the USD is very cheap now: I saved 60€ buying the joystick in the US compared to Spain, including the shipping!