IGNORED

What is your rarest/most valuable NON-2600 game?

Rev

I usually answer Virtual On: Operation Moongate for the Saturn since I've got the Twin Stick that goes with it. Then again, there are a lot that could be considered somewhat valuable:

Tank Command (7800)

Christmas NiGHTS (NTSC)

Intelligent Qube (PS1) (CIB)

Shining the Holy Ark (Saturn) (CIB)

Shining Force II (Genesis)

Shining Force Gaiden II (Sword of Hajya) (Game Gear)

Super Off Road (Lynx)

Tengen Tetris (NES)

Arctic Thunder (PS2) (at least in my experience, this game is a tad hard to get) (only missing the manual)

Monster Kingdom Jewel Summoner, demo copy with no artwork (PSP)

Zone Ranger (5200)

Joshua: The Battle of Jericho (loose) & Mutant League Hockey (cib) for Genesis, a boxed Nosferatu for SNES, and both versions (SNK & Capcom) of Cardfighter's Clash for Neo Geo Pocket Color are probably my rarest/most valuable non2600 games.

Nothing terribly spectacular but :thumbsup:

Probably would be Battlesphere for the Jag and/or Panzer Dragoon Saga for the Saturn. I know Panzer Dragoon goes for about $100 to $120. I've not seen a Battlesphere on the 'Bay in awhile but I've heard it goes for between $300-$400. I don't think anyone's bought it for that much though. Seems kinda high to me but I've seen a Game.com on eBay going for $350! :? Now that's just insane. I wouldn't pay more than a buck for that system.

Rich

Hmm, I sold my collection a long time ago, had a lot of great stuff then..

Now though, not so much. I hung on to my complete copy of Undead Line on the Mega Drive though. I've rarely seen that one ever pop up. Also, I also just purchased the recently-released DUX on the Dreamcast. Once all the brand-new copies of that are gone, I bet it's going to be pretty tough to come by it.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot while I was writing this. I also have a complete Beatmania bundle for the US PS2. That thing flopped so badly I bet it will be worth some money in the future, at least up with the Japanese versions, whom's Konami controllers are still sold for about a hundred bucks on eBay.

Edited by Austin

I have some rare stuff too... Depends on whether the question is meant to include unreleased, prototype, or just post consumer full packaged games.

I have a few items that are so rare that the time is not yet right to talk about them. I'd like to wait a few more years after they are assumed to be lost to time to reveal them.

My rarest full package product I think might be Starfleet I by Cygnus (not Interstel) for the A8. Or maybe Castle Woflenstein by Muse for A8 in their blue hand-made packaging (before the white boxes.)

I also have the master copy of Yacht Race for the A8, published by Dynacomp. It's artificially rare because the author won't allow me to put it up on Atarimania.

I have every Xbox version 1 game ever produced for every region (I bought out an importer.) So if there are any rare games for Xbox out there I would have them.

These are my rarest games:

Fight For Life Beta: Jagfest UK Edition - Atari Jaguar (one of only 2 made)

Klax - Atari Lynx (Japanese version)

Tank Command - Atari 7800 (CIB and mint condition)

Battle Monsters - Sega Saturn (Pal CIB)

Rubik's Cube - Atari 2600 - (Cart only sadly)

I think my most valuable games are actually computer games, not console:

Ultima: The Second Trilogy - Limited release version with all cloth maps and a sticker on the box. I'm a bit confused about this one, because an article online says that this version was only available by preorder. I got this as a gift, and I could have sworn it was already on the shelf by then, I never had any impression my parents preordered it. Until recently I didn't know that most of these had paper maps. I'm glad I lucked out on that.

Ultima: Martian Dreams - not as big a deal to me as the 2nd trilogy, but apparently this is somewhat rare. I couldn't find anyone selling it on ebay except 1 high-priced store listing, so maybe it's value compares with 2nd trilogy.

My console games are mostly cheap. I don't know which of these would be highest:

Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (CIB) - This went crazy a few months ago

Phantasy Star (CIB)

Pac Man Jr (7800 homebrew)

It gets cheaper from there.

Edited by gdement

Since I'm not wealthy by any means I don't really have anything super rare. The only things I have that are even mildly rare are:

Munch Man (Bally Arcade)

Ms. Candyman (Bally Arcade)

Diner (INTV)

Jetson's Way with Words (INTV) CIB

Mind Strike (INTV) CIB

Mr. Basic Meets Bits 'N Bytes (INTV) CIB

Scooby Doo Maze Chase (INTV) CIB

Pac-Man Collection "Yellow" (CV) CIB

Galactic Space Wars (Channel F)

Pro-Football (Channel F)

Alien Invasion (Channel F)

Bonk's Adventure (NES)

Reindeer Rescue #106 (VCS) w/manual

Stella's Stocking #45 (VCS) w/manual

Ikaruga (GC) CIB

Quest for Quintana Roo (5200) CIB

Pick Axe Pete "Japanese Version" (O2) CIB

I know I wasn't supposed to include 2600 stuff but those two are way too good to leave out. :cool:

Edited by darthkur