IGNORED

2 worthy video game podcasts

S1500

Thanks guys! :D

I thought the RGR news was actually kind of sad, almost like watching the Beatles' Let It Be movie. Especially right after the triumph of CGE.

Scott was mad, sure. But why not do the news? You're there anyway, UK Mike was there and I'm sure the listeners were there. UK Mike knew SoCal wasn't going to be there, so there was apparently some communication about his absence. It seemed like Scott didn't like WHY SoCal wasn't there, which I don't think is fair. I hope there is a show next month with all three of them, I still like listening to it.

• Like 1

For news, I always like/trust No Quarter's news segment. It's a weekly show, so they get good granularity of what's going on, every bit as good as an RSS feed. They stay focused, and then it's onto the main topic. They asked about whether they should keep the news segment on in the beginning of their episode, and I said yes.

So Podcatcher's great for listening to podcasts, in general. Installed it on my tablet & phone, for podcasts not 100% worthy of an iTunes subscription.

Has anyone heard from Retronauts lately? Where's all that kickstarter money going to?

Listening to 1 More Podcastle. Yep, Eric Bailey is still 100% irritating.

• Like 1

The Kickstarter money for Retronauts was for one year (or "season"?), which is over. I can't see how they spent all that money though. They said they were going to ask for more money, but not through Kickstarter.

Think of all the well-liked podcasts we have listened to here for the last year, and how much comparable money, Retronauts money, it would have cost. It would be in the millions just for No Quarter! Okay, maybe not millions.

I'm only slightly curious where the money went to. It can't be for more copies of Mother 2.

Think of all the well-liked podcasts we have listened to here for the last year, and how much comparable money, Retronauts money, it would have cost. It would be in the millions just for No Quarter! Okay, maybe not millions.

I'm only slightly curious where the money went to. It can't be for more copies of Mother 2.

Wikipedia research time?

I sent some feedback off to No Quarter at the same time I sent the feedback to Atari 2600 Game By Game Podcast, on Sat night. Now that my ego has been stroked by the latter, I'm curious if I get mentioned on the air of the next No Quarter episode. I tried to butter them up by praising Wasteland 2 (as I know they are big fans of the original game, as am I) and some other things. We'll see. :) Hoping I get a e-mail back in response at least, as it seems like they try to respond one way or another to all their feedback. It sounds like the last episode was recorded last week before I sent my feedback (this last weekend was Thanksgiving in Canada) so I'll be curious to see.

I really should send out more feedback. :grin:

Flak mentioned mine in his last YTDK episode also, so I'm a roll here! How many podcasts can I get mentioned on? :P

• Like 2

Listening to Throwback Reviews select episodes:

Yes, I too remember Frank n Stuff. Ate those all the time.

However,.

The frozen fries you microwave in a box were a disaster.

Steak-Umms made me sick.

New York Seltzers always exploded upon opening.

• Like 1

I DO a podcast and I still get a thrill when I am mentioned on another show! :D

I think in all seriousness, Ferg, the only guy who gets mentioned more in other podcasts is Flak. ;) I heard your podcast come up in 2 today that I heard at work, just as a example! (One was the newest episode of Retro Obscuria, and I can't recall what the other one was.)

Edited by SoulBlazer
  • Like 1

Listening to Throwback Reviews select episodes:

Yes, I too remember Frank n Stuff. Ate those all the time.

However,.

The frozen fries you microwave in a box were a disaster.

Steak-Umms made me sick.

New York Seltzers always exploded upon opening.

Nope. Those fries and Steak-Umms were gold. GOLD S1500, GOLD.

• Like 2

So I grabbed the newest No Quarter podcast as I was heading out the door to work this morning and listened to it as soon as I got settled in at work. And sure enough I got some of my feedback mentioned, which made my whole day. It doesn't really take very much to please me. That and a Pats win during football season is all I ask for. :-D

I figured they wouldn't mention all of it -- it was a LONG e-mail -- but the fact they touched on some points pleased me to no end, and I'll be curious to see what kind of feedback they get on the topics.

I also was surprised when Mike mentioned 'on the air' that they had seen my original post from last week. We're being spied on here, people! Hide your girls, hide your booze, and most importantly hide your games! :P

I'll send in some more feedback to them when they do a arcade game I actually know instead of all the obscure stuff. ;)

I did want to mention something here though, for all the world to see, for folks who may listen to both No Quarter and Ferg's 2600 Game By Game Podcast (as I do, and I'm sure a lot of folks do). There ARE a few parts of the feedback that I sent to both podcasts. It wasn't planned that way, it just happened. I sat down and wrote the e-mail to No Quarter first, doing it on Word as I'm having a e-mail editing issue right now. It was MUCH longer then the e-mail that Ferg got. Let's say just say it came out in the order of about six pages. :) But when I finished that and sent it off and started working on the e-mail for Ferg, and I started doing the intro section, the thought hit me 'why should I retype the intro again?' so I just used that for Ferg's e-mail as well. And then I thought a couple of points that I mentioned to the No Quarter guys would be interesting to send to Ferg as well, so I did. I hope no one here minds that, and I espeicly hope that neither No Quarter or Ferg have a major issue with it also. Most of the e-mails they got were unique -- I just thought they would have different takes on a couple of my main points, and they did. I didn't think about it perhaps being a breech of etiquite until later, so if I did miff someone, it wasn't on purpose.

In hindsight, I probably didn't need the intro in Ferg's e-mail, cause I didn't know he was on AtariAge. Oops. :ponder:

Let's just put it this way -- Ferg read the entire e-mail that I sent him 'on the air' in his last podcast, and that was about ten minutes. The No Quarter guys were right in saying they only touched on about a quarter of my e-mail to them. :grin:

Keep up all the great work, guys -- and that goes to both podcasts.

Oh, Ferg -- the other podcast that I couldn't recall that I had heard you mentioned on last week was the first episode of Two Guys and a NES, where they talked about Super Mario Brothers. Like I said, your name gets around. :twisted:

• Like 1

You know, I was listening to Rick's "Holiday Special Podcast" (episode 5 - Garfield's Halloween Adventure), and it occurred to me that the voice over for Garfield sounds a lot like Ferg.

Something you want to tell us about a previous career, Ferg?

;-)

I'll take that, Lorenzo Music is pretty awesome. :)

I love the irony of how he did the Garfield cartoon voice and also did the Bill Murray voice in the Ghostbusters cartoon, then Bill Murray did the Garfield voice in the movies. AND LINCOLN HAD A SECRETARY NAMED KENNEDY AND KENNEDY HAD A SECRETARY NAMED LINCOLN OMGWTFFBBQ

• Like 3

You know, I was listening to Rick's "Holiday Special Podcast" (episode 5 - Garfield's Halloween Adventure), and it occurred to me that the voice over for Garfield sounds a lot like Ferg.

Haha, you're right.

Ferg needs to do a Halloween episode and start it with "Candy, candy, candy, candy, candy, candy... Ferg, you are a GENIUS." :D

• Like 2