IGNORED

2 worthy video game podcasts

S1500

They interview the Martian Gothic guy- now THAT'S obscure. I suffered all the way through that game, anyone else?

"Stay alone...stay alive."

He had some interesting tidbits about Doctor Who, concepts ahead of their time, and other non-video game related things. But I admit I didn't make it to the end.

:music: :thumbsup: Another new podcast has entered the ring! :thumbsup: :) :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :music:

Sorry, I was just trying to connect with the teenagers here.

Anyways.

As I got from Atari 2600 Game by Game, there is the Master System Masterpieces podcast. A game-by-game podcast about SMS games. Yay!

http://www.theboxfort.net/category/master-system-masterpieces/

rating pending

:jango: :lust: :lust: :lust: :love: 8) :lolblue: :ahoy: :music:

• Like 4

If you guys haven't heard yet, our little corner of the internet will be represented this sunday at the Nintendo World Championships.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/608785977801367552

I like how your fondest Nintendo memory is the event itself. I think it's time for an emergency NYPWP episode with a reference of Beau Bridges & Christian Slater chasing you around America.

Edited by S1500
  • Like 1

I like how your fondest Nintendo memory is the event itself. I think it's time for an emergency NYPWP episode with a reference of Beau Bridges & Christian Slater chasing you around America.

emergency episode was recorded the morning after i got that call. it will not be released until after the finals on sunday

i gave the pr person 2 answers for that question, part 1 was a throwaway joke, part 2 was poignant and therefore not published :/

• Like 2

I too am highly enjoying Ferg's one-off arcade episode. Love the dig at my favorite arcade in the beginning. :)

I lived at the Jersey shore for eight years....wouldn't be surprised if we crossed paths at some point!

• Like 2

So that PS2 NAMCO disc came today (via eBay) & it's great. The Arranged versions are awesome; Galaga Arrangement is absolutely crazy. Dig Dug Arrangement has BOSS FIGHTS. I thought PacMan Arrangement might have too much going on to be fun, but it's fine. Sadly, Pole Position & PP2 are as slippy-slidey as ever. The only decent home versions use a twisty stick, found on a couple newer Plug & Plays.

I've never heard ANYone, in podcast or RL, EVER mention this compilation before. I thank (& re-subbed to) The Retro League for discussing this.

Wellllll- I noticed Ms Pac-Man is a little off. She's a bit herky-jerky when moving, & when cruising the bottom of any maze, she overlaps the 1st pixel row of the maze wall, so it looks like she's "riding" on it. & one sound effect upon eating an energizer isn't right either. The version on NAMCO 50th Anniversary fixes these.

I guess I didn't notice. I haven't put as much time in on Ms. Pac-Man.

Pole Position is quite touchy. I use the analog stick, and if you're subtle enough, it's OK, I did notice that with a couple aftermarket PS2 controllers, it's practically unplayable. The Sony branded controllers work well enough to get the job done. Not sure why the difference in analog sensitivity between them. Cheaper parts? Anyway, my preferred way to play is on my MAME cab, with a trackball mapped as steering control. Smooth and easy.

Dauber and I are contemplating a one off about the consoles we each owned

I just did this on my show! (just home consoles, not portables)

We're you eavesdropping? ;)

Anyway, my preferred way to play is on my MAME cab, with a trackball mapped as steering control. Smooth and easy.

My favorite home method so far was the Ms. Pac-Man Plug n Play joystick. The yellow top is a turn-able knob with some nice resistance. It only has PP I on it, not II, but I was surprised how well it worked:

BTW, just in case y'all didn't know, i am hosting a contest where you can win the Edladdin Super Twin 78 (NICE Twin Stick for the 7800. You can also use it on a 2600)

Full contest details where given in episode 11 of The Atari 7800 Game By Game Podcast.

post-40263-0-75164900-1434149599_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

i saw it on itunes, is it up for you now?

Yeah, it's up. my iTunes downloaded it just fine, it didn't do the final mile to get it onto the iPod. LIstening to the latest & greatest episode now. I think I just heard Minnesota mentioned.

• Like 1