IGNORED

2 worthy video game podcasts

S1500

Howdy, I'm Dave and found this page from google, cause I've been bored and

typed in my podcast and found this link. Now I've been a frequent visitor to this

site over the years. Back when someone was trying to make a 2600 version of

Castlevania. Those were the days. But I read the lovely comments and figured

why not post the link.

http://www.buzzsprout.com/47785

Howdy, I'm Dave and found this page from google, cause I've been bored and

typed in my podcast and found this link. Now I've been a frequent visitor to this

site over the years. Back when someone was trying to make a 2600 version of

Castlevania. Those were the days. But I read the lovely comments and figured

why not post the link.

http://www.buzzsprout.com/47785

That was probably me. My milkshake brings all the podcasters to the thread. :)

Welcome. Join us.

Hate to be all nitpicky (again) but regarding how Christian referred to the Lynx- would it really be considered a "console"? A console TV was this big hulking beast- often with legs- that occupied a large space against the living room wall & DID NOT move. & wasnt there such a thing as a console stereo, which was little more than a turntable housed in a piece of furniture? (at least ours was.)

So hereafter, maybe he could say "handheld" or "portable" or even just "Lynx" rather than console? Just sayin'...

After 5 years of faithful listening, I had to unsubscribe from The Retro League. Yes, the podcast that started this thread. This last episode mentioned Final Fantasy, I think no less than 30 times. It's okay.

Subbed to The Dreamcast Junkyard.

Did a handful of iTunes reviews. I marked "yes" on helpful if I saw a familiar face on the fellow reviews. If we do this right, Retronauts will fall off the charts!

Dont recall seeing this here...

Coin Rejects- Classic Arcade podcast. Found while lurking over on KLOV today. 3 eps, almost a month old. Getting good word in its thread over there by their compadres, FWIW. If it's anything like Arcade Outsiders, prepare for lots of mature content.

Will listen overnight & report back. Wish me luck.

Dont recall seeing this here...

Coin Rejects- Classic Arcade podcast. Found while lurking over on KLOV today. 3 eps, almost a month old. Getting good word in its thread over there by their compadres, FWIW. If it's anything like Arcade Outsiders, prepare for lots of mature content.

Will listen overnight & report back. Wish me luck.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/coin-rejects-classic-arcade/id1035001482?mt=2

• Like 1

Coin Rejects is good! Dunno about the word "rejects" in a podcast name- kinda gives them license to be bad on purpose. But they're not. Meets all decent podcast criteria. Tolerable amt of profanity- I guess the Arcade Outsiders' language doesnt rub off on everyone over on KLOV.

Releases eps. every 2 weeks to the day so far. Havent heard ep #3 but hopefully it stays on the rails.

• Like 1

Coin Rejects is good! Dunno about the word "rejects" in a podcast name- kinda gives them license to be bad on purpose. But they're not. Meets all decent podcast criteria. Tolerable amt of profanity- I guess the Arcade Outsiders' language doesnt rub off on everyone over on KLOV.

Releases eps. every 2 weeks to the day so far. Havent heard ep #3 but hopefully it stays on the rails.

So far, I'm enjoying it as well. Yeah, there's cussing, but nowhere near to the point of Arcade Outsiders. They stay on topic. It reminds me of a more arcade-focused version of SkillShot Pinball, complete with its own regional group. It's defnitely a younger sounding generation getting into fixing/playing classic arcade games(and pinball). Any pinball discussion that's not from the "old boys club" is good, without going all SJW.

Total new podcasts this year: 27

Hate to be all nitpicky (again) but regarding how Christian referred to the Lynx- would it really be considered a "console"? A console TV was this big hulking beast- often with legs- that occupied a large space against the living room wall & DID NOT move. & wasnt there such a thing as a console stereo, which was little more than a turntable housed in a piece of furniture? (at least ours was.)

So hereafter, maybe he could say "handheld" or "portable" or even just "Lynx" rather than console? Just sayin'...

Anybody who has a problem with the Lynx being called a "console" better take it up with Albert, too, as this forum has a board for "dedicated consoles" in which the handheld Touch Me is one of the items considered on-topic.

I see where it says "Dediated Systems"...

I'm not debating whether Christian did a great job or not. IDK why that came up. No one need rush to defend him; I'm not attacking him. I enjoyed the show & am subbed.

i'm not calling anyone out on anything. I just voiced my opinion that a portable/handheld system wouldn't be considered a console. To me, a console ANYTHING would remain stationary.

I'd consider the Nomad a handheld, but obviously there's a "gray area" if it were to be debated. Its portability was its major selling point. It's a portable ("handheld") Genesis.

I'm not debating whether Christian did a great job or not. IDK why that came up. No one need rush to defend him; I'm not attacking him. I enjoyed the show & am subbed.

i'm not calling anyone out on anything. I just voiced my opinion that a portable/handheld system wouldn't be considered a console. To me, a console ANYTHING would remain stationary.

I'd consider the Nomad a handheld, but obviously there's a "gray area" if it were to be debated. Its portability was its major selling point. It's a portable ("handheld") Genesis.

so if I put my lynx on the table so its stationary it becomes a console! yayyyyyy :P

Just goofin around. Also, I just made the general statement in my post I enjoyed his first episode, no intention of saying you were attacking him was intended :)

126b.png

We're joined by our guests from Neozazs Star Wars in Character podcast for the first part of our epic Star Wars Video Game Trilogy.

Over the next three episodes we embark on the largest review of Star Wars video games ever undertaken. This means we dont just discuss the greatest games based on the films but we also delve into the garbage compactor to rip into the rotten ones too.

Episode one takes us from the release of the first Star Wars game, The Empire Strikes Back on Ataris 2600 console through to Namcos Star Wars game released on the Nintendo Famicom. Of course, as well as lots of game chat we all share our experiences of playing the games and being huge Star Wars fans as we grew up on different sides of the Atlantic.

This epic trilogy also comes with a huge 266 page companion book which goes into even further detail about the games, stories and images from the greatest movie licence in the galaxy. You can download the book for free here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxvnp7cHAPAZR3NIZmZsNTlHZm8/view?pli=1

You can follow Star Wars in Character on Twitter via @swicpodcast or visit their website at http://www.neozaz.com.

http://traffic.libsyn.com/retroasylum/episode126.mp3

https://itunes.apple.com/ie/podcast/retro-asylum-podcast/id474414834?mt=2

http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/retro-asylum

• Like 2

So at a point this week, with all the subscriptions I have, I was actually caught up in podcast listening. 100% caught up.

This morning, it's an avalanche of downloads. One is going to be super-controversial: The Coast 2 Coast Pinball podcast. Why? He's interviewing John Popaduik. As many of you know about the RGVS thing going on, John Popaduik's pinball pre-order/nothing delivered for 4 years is the pinball version of that. People plunked down $12K for a pinball machine John never delivered.