IGNORED

2 worthy video game podcasts

S1500

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 6:44 AM, adamchevy said:

It’s his show so I’m not sure what you mean about personal agenda? I’ve never noticed any politics?

I echo this question - what politics and agenda are we talking about here?  If constantly wishing people well and profusely thanking them for their support and covering a niche nerd hobby in detail is considered an objectionable agenda for a podcast, then I don't want to live on this planet anymore.  For me, the absence of the typical ranty/divisive BS that pervades all corners of the online experience these days is one of the primary reasons why I enjoy the show and others like it (e.g., Pie Factory, YDKF, Ten Pence, etc.)    

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cynicaster said:

If constantly wishing people well and profusely thanking them for their support and covering a niche nerd hobby in detail is considered an objectionable agenda for a podcast...

That's not it.

Let's just say I can get my world news elsewhere, & I don't need to know who in the retrogaming hobby empathizes with groups who hate the police.

7 hours ago, RJ said:

That's not it.

Let's just say I can get my world news elsewhere, & I don't need to know who in the retrogaming hobby empathizes with groups who hate the police.

Well, this is the world we live in now, I guess.  A few passing comments made during the preamble to a podcast about Atari cartridges are deemed reason enough to publicly cry foul, if those comments don't align point-for-point with how we would frame the same subject matter. 

Luckily, at least for this particular podcast, one or two taps of the skip-forward-15-seconds button would probably be adequate to spare you from having to endure the offending comments if the ideological dissonance becomes too much to bear. 

• Like 2

On 8/29/2019 at 2:37 PM, S1500 said:

I feel like retrogaming podcasting have really slowed down the past couple of years. Gone are the years where 34 new podcasts could show up for the fiscal year. Most of my 'cast listening is Joe Rogan(who records podcasts 24 hours a day apparently), Abroad in Japan & any other Japan-related casts. 

When you get hammered by trolls constantly, it kind of takes the wind out of your sails :P  Now I have Trollidiots attacking my youtube channel.  I dont get it, I try not to be critical of others and just try to have fun.   Its free content, no patreon, no asking for donations.  I only do the ads which has now become a crime :P. 

• 7 months later...

Hey guys! Our Retro Junkies Super Show podcast has been back since Christmas, 2020! We are rebuilding from the ground up with a new feed, but we’re still alive if anyone is interested in giving us a listen and spreading the word! Hope all is well! 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I am still out here recording podcasts and I hope all/some/two? of you are still listening.

I'm currently releasing four shows a month, roughly one per week: Sprite Castle, You Don't Know Flack, Like a DOS, and Cactus Flack's (arcade). You can find info and feeds at podcast.RobOHara.com. They're all available on iTunes as well. There's also a master feed which will get you all the shows in one single feed. 

The first episode of You Don't Know Flack was released in March of 2008, and Sprite Castle debuted in 2014. All of my shows have had stops and starts, but I've been releasing shows regularly over the past couple of years. If you stopped listening when I took a break or never checked any of my shows out, now's a good time to (re)add them to your feed!

• Like 7

On 3/20/2022 at 11:50 AM, Flack said:

I am still out here recording podcasts and I hope all/some/two? of you are still listening.

I'm currently releasing four shows a month, roughly one per week: Sprite Castle, You Don't Know Flack, Like a DOS, and Cactus Flack's (arcade). You can find info and feeds at podcast.RobOHara.com. They're all available on iTunes as well. There's also a master feed which will get you all the shows in one single feed. 

The first episode of You Don't Know Flack was released in March of 2008, and Sprite Castle debuted in 2014. All of my shows have had stops and starts, but I've been releasing shows regularly over the past couple of years. If you stopped listening when I took a break or never checked any of my shows out, now's a good time to (re)add them to your feed!

Agreed -- now is definitely a good time for me to return to the mighty Sprite Castle, as I didn't know you had resumed it! It's the only C64 podcast out there for some reason, and you've always done a stellar job, so it's absolutely worth listening to. :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2022 at 12:50 PM, Flack said:

Trigger warning about collarbones in ep #215? Really? ??

Hope that was a joke.

Edited by RJ

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, RJ said:

So is Shinto's Jaguar GBG podcast done?

No new shows for nearly a year

It's still alive!  Rayman is a huge, huge episode and I am getting close to having this beast edited.  Maybe by the end of the month, if all goes well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
On 7/8/2015 at 4:48 PM, S1500 said:

Retrogaming Roundup gave a nice reminder of home with the WGGY "cash call" soundbytes, familiar to any Minnesotan. Just what I needed where everything spoken around me is Korean for the week.

HOW did I miss your post on this, oh so many yrs ago? "This is Ken Thomas, WJJY in Brainerd & we're playing 'Cash Call.'

"CHESS BALL?"

"A pair of choppers [leather mittens]"

"Ernie is not here right now, this is Grandma here alone."

PS Happy Retirement to Tom Barnard

• 1 year later...
On 10/8/2019 at 10:13 AM, adamchevy said:

I'd like to share my Retro League podcast Dropbox collection.  I have many Atari related episodes and other great launch and last releases episodes saved.  Theirs also a really good Halloween games episode that I saved. To my knowledge the Retro League episodes aren't available anywhere on the internet. Let me know if these work. Happy Halloween everyone!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6fhqmutf14xl87t/AACvWMbrTrKBs14tNTcsSgo-a?dl=0

I posted this a few years back. I am reposting it in case you have Nostalgia to go back and give the Retro League a listen.  As far as I know there is no other way to access there content except this link.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6fhqmutf14xl87t/AACvWMbrTrKBs14tNTcsSgo-a?dl=0

Edited by adamchevy
  • Like 2

Thanks for reposting @adamchevy!

The Retro League was one of the big factors getting me into podcasting, I am very grateful to them for that. On the latest Retro Game Club, Hugues mentioned that he arbitrarily picked the age of 50 for when he would stop podcasting, which is sometime this year. I hope he reconsiders, but I get it. I just enjoy his take on things

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ferghead said:

Thanks for reposting @adamchevy!

The Retro League was one of the big factors getting me into podcasting, I am very grateful to them for that. On the latest Retro Game Club, Hugues mentioned that he arbitrarily picked the age of 50 for when he would stop podcasting, which is sometime this year. I hope he reconsiders, but I get it. I just enjoy his take on things

I hope Hugues reconsiders as well.  I think he has had a major impact on podcasting, and especially retro video game podcasting.  His intelligent humor and witty comments about many different topics have always made listening a pleasure.  He seems to have a genuine positivity in his voice that comes across in every episode. The world didn't seem as wonderful to me when the Retro League went off the air, it was like something good was lost to time.  I am so glad that we have Retro game club to listen to!

I have also enjoyed listening to the Atari 2600 game by game podcast over the years.  It's up there amongst the great podcasts that exist today, and I find each of your episodes a lot of fun to listen to.  I'm glad you take some time off every now and again.  I think it's good to take a break from even the best things in life to recoup energy and enthusiasm.

• Like 1