IGNORED

2 worthy video game podcasts

S1500

Coin Rejects briefly discusses NAMCO's Assault, which we both know is an awesome game. Maybe we could get someone to do an episode on it & discuss it at length....

*coughpiefactorycough*

I loved this game when it was out, and I actually played it on my last visit to Galloping Ghost. Hmmm.

• Like 2

Hilarious reference to Late Night with David Letterman satisfied, on Super Podcast Bros. Complete with actual music in the background.

It's only the third, maybe fourth time we've done that joke. Dauber pulls it off awesomely.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a new podcast!

Man Cave Cinema

Fist episode is about the Atari 2600 vs Intellivision.

Don't have an RSS feed yet. Im playing directly from Google Play.

Sounds promising - unless it's all about how 'horrible' the Intellivision controller is, and multiple jokes about it being a phone.

Did a search in Downcast - nada. Couldn't find it on the GooglePlay site either.

Yeah, post the RSS if you find it.

Sent from my Intellivision ECS using Intelli-Tapatalk

I keep calling you from my Arcadia 2001 but you wont answer!

I've answered every time... you just can't hear me because those Arcadia screw-in joysticks punctured your eardrums.

• Like 2

I've answered every time... you just can't hear me because those Arcadia screw-in joysticks punctured your eardrums.

post-8976-0-11981700-1464878199_thumb.jpg

Hellooo? ouchy!!!!

Sent from my Arcadia 2001 using my fat fingers

Edited by thevnaguy
  • Like 3

The RSS feed:

htttp://www.themancavecinema.ca/site/feed/podcast

I couldn't use the iTunes store link since it said I had to switch stores. Tried that & it froze iTunes. Why iTunes needs a separate Canadian store(for what? Bieber & William Shatner tracks?) is beyond me.

• Like 1

The RSS feed:

htttp://www.themancavecinema.ca/site/feed/podcast

I couldn't use the iTunes store link since it said I had to switch stores. Tried that & it froze iTunes. Why iTunes needs a separate Canadian store(for what? Bieber & William Shatner tracks?) is beyond me.

Don't forget Barenaked Ladies, Rush, and Gordon Lightfoot.

• Like 1

Podcast Meme alert: any time nurmix's name is mentioned, a certain song made popular on The Muppet Show clip is to be played.

Heh heh. Been hearing that since about 1st grade... maybe before, as that song was on Sesame Street since the early '70s.

• Like 1

Awesome! This will be good.

Episode 0 is a bit dry. It's certainly informative, though. We start becoming somewhat enjoyable to listen to in Episode 1, and 2 is shaping up to be even better. We're staggering the uploads every couple of weeks, so there's not a huge gap between 1 and 2 while Adam's out of town. (At least, I think that's why we're staggering them.)

I am now an Editing Ninja once again. It's a special kind of pain shared by an exclusive brethren. :)

• Like 2

I am now an Editing Ninja once again. It's a special kind of pain shared by an exclusive brethren. :)

Indeed. Glad to have you!

I haven't listened yet though as the link Ferg posted didn't work for me, and no joy searching through my podcast player of choice, Downcast. Hmm...

Does this work?

http://ballyalleyastrocast.libsyn.com/rss

(There won't be a transcription of any further episodes, in case anyone thinks we've both lost our minds...completely...I believe it took Adam longer to create that than it took us to record the whole episode!)

Edit -- I wish the forum software didn't add those ellipses to links. I wonder why it does that. Anyway, I've tested the link and it's working now, at least for me; browsers behave differently, so who knows.

http :// ballyalleyastrocast . libsyn . com / rss

Edited by Chris++
  • Like 1

yes it should, I am not in it :P

Not YET! (Evil laugh)

Actually, it would be great to have you and Rick and whoever else has Astrocade memories / thoughts / interests on our new show, when Adam figures out Skype. Until then, if anyone who was originally going to be an Astrocast host (or anyone who wasn't, for that matter) feels like sending in some audio, we'd obviously love to include it.

• Like 1

Does this work?

(There won't be a transcription of any further episodes, in case anyone thinks we've both lost our minds...completely...I believe it took Adam longer to create that than it took us to record the whole episode!)

Edit -- I wish the forum software didn't add those ellipses to links. I wonder why it does that. Anyway, I've tested the link and it's working now, at least for me; browsers behave differently, so who knows.

Holy Ned, a transcription? Why???

Was Adam referring to the Homebrew Computer Club in the episode? The first meeting was in 1975, and Ed Federmeyer used the term "homebrew" for Edtris after the club's name.

As for you Chris, if eBay didn't come along and ruin collecting as we knew it in the 90s, something else would have. Something always does. I'm sure you could go around to garage sales in 1970 and pick up early pressings of Beatles albums for, I don't know, a quarter? ;) Just a few years later, Goldmine magazine came out, and I'm sure that when the prices started climbing. That's probably a bad example, but maybe you know what I mean.

I enjoyed the episode and I don't think I have ever played an Astrocade, I certainly never heard of it until the 90s. Great job and I look forward to more!

• Like 3

Does this work?

My normal (read 95% of the time) forum access method - Tapatalk - just refuses to do anything with the URL. Opening it in a browser, however, correctly parses the URL to Downcast, so I've just subscribed. I'll listen today at my office.

Transcription! Wow. Some listeners have suggested we do that as well. OK, as long as someone agrees to pay my mortgage and other bills, seeing as I won't have any time to work, I'll do it.

Don't know why the forum software does that either (that may be what's confusing Tapatalk). And it's probably just a Tapatalk thing, but I also notice the last few words of posts often get clipped.

Edited by nurmix
  • Like 1