IGNORED

2 worthy video game podcasts

S1500

This week's Retronauts Micro episode actually runs almost 20 minutes- "Bad Purchasing Decisions". They manage to squeeze 4 people into the show, including my favorite female sex robot, Kat Bailey.

I figure this leaves everyone involved about 3-4 minutes each to state their case & tell their tale, with some time left over for their usual mooching & moneygrubbing.

Meanwhile Spooky Pinball, RGR & The Retro League(and several other podcasts) give out prizes(boxed games, Steam codes, etc) to their listeners.

Clearly those people are doing things backwards.

Your ideas for the peoples' choice award voting system is a great idea. In fact, it should be done for 2015, and done by people other than me. :)

thats not what i was going to comment about :). what was done cracked me up tothe point the girl at the holiday inn desk thought i was a nutjob ( she could not see the earbud ii was wearing while listening to the poddies)

Edited by thevnaguy
  • Like 1

I had a hard time finding choice clips for all the podcasts that fit a decent length that gave a taste of said podcast. Took looots of time. :)

Hmm yeah I figured that was most of the work & time-consuming. It was well worth it though & really added to the awards "feel" of the show. I dont recall ever hearing that Eric Bailey scream (mustve been after I unsubbed) but it illustrated your point perfectly.

Hmm yeah I figured that was most of the work & time-consuming. It was well worth it though & really added to the awards "feel" of the show. I dont recall ever hearing that Eric Bailey scream (mustve been after I unsubbed) but it illustrated your point perfectly.

If you can make it through an episode, he generally acts childish through the whole thing. A well-earned 500 watt classic-sounding laserblast.

• Like 1

I enjoyed the show as well, especially the Final Fantasy montage at the end. :D

I was very humbled by the other hosts who mentioned me and my show. I don't make friends easily, and I know it's different being online vs. real life friendships. But I have made so many good friends doing this podcasting thing, so many nice people who will do things for you despite never having met you face to face. If that's not friendship, what is?

• Like 6

Has anyone here listened to Serial? I just heard the first episode on This American Life, that's it.

I did & loved it. Then again, I'm a huge fan of The Wire and there were a lot of similarities between that & Serial. I was hooked even though I knew there wouldn't be a "true" ending. Between your podcast on Wednesdays (mostly, :grin: ) & Serial on Thursdays, I couldn't wait to check my feed for new eps.

I enjoyed the show as well, especially the Final Fantasy montage at the end. :D

I was very humbled by the other hosts who mentioned me and my show. I don't make friends easily, and I know it's different being online vs. real life friendships. But I have made so many good friends doing this podcasting thing, so many nice people who will do things for you despite never having met you face to face. If that's not friendship, what is?

Any accolades you receive are well-deserved, friend. :)

• Like 2

Regular (or giant-sized now?) hour+ Retronauts ep, honoring the Nintendo DS in all its forms 10 yrs after. Discussion leans toward RPGs as expected. Even most of their personal fave lists toward the end are RPG--centric.

My faves: Picross 3D, Puzzle Quest, Peggle. No mention of these great games- maybe they had to be DS exclusive to qualify. I know people went apesh-t over Puzzle Quest, thats why I got it, but not a Retronauts word on it.

Also, has anyone got the latest Retroist "New Coke" off iTunes? Cant seem to find it for me.

Checked out the first episode of 7800 Game by Game Podcast.

Hell of a start; top notch.

As an "original" owner of the system--and, to be brutally honest, one who doesn't remember the ownership experience fondly compared to most other systems--it'll be interesting to look at it with fresh eyes through this podcast.

• Like 1

Wow thx for posting this & reminding me. It's been so long (though there havent been any since MAY 2013 WTF??) I forgot all about it.

Very unique/original spin on the formula, if he's still doing it the same way.

Edited by RJ

Hmm, according to ANTIC podcast, a new Atari 7800 Game By Game podcast is on the way, hosted by a guy named "Paul".

I think he's also known as the "Non-Cuss Player". He & Phil should do a double episode. I bet ANTIC hosts Devin, Andy, & Chad would like that.

• Like 2