IGNORED

2 worthy video game podcasts

S1500

A potential new podcast may or may not have arrived!

240p Club

Latest episode(released this month) is about arcade experiences. Their range is from the 2600 to the PS1, so this might be hopefully a Nintendo Switch-free 'cast. I found this one on Google Play, already subscribed(forgot 'bout it until I opened the app)

A potential new podcast may or may not have arrived!

240p Club

Latest episode(released this month) is about arcade experiences. Their range is from the 2600 to the PS1, so this might be hopefully a Nintendo Switch-free 'cast. I found this one on Google Play, already subscribed(forgot 'bout it until I opened the app)

Checked this out and on their webpage they are up to episode 26, so it's safe to say this isn't a new podcast. Thanks for keeping an eye out!

BTW don't start listening to 240p Club episode 10, it's dreadful.

Scary games? Gee, do they mention NES Friday the 13th & Nightmare on Elm St? Well, whaddya know, OF COURSE they do! Just like everyone else when discussing scary games. Im not sure any retro fans under 35 know about Haunted House.

Edited by RJ

So Rob has made it public now on Facebook and other social media sites what we Patreon backers were told a couple weeks ago -- he's taking a (hopefully not forever!) break from podcasting.

Doesn't look like he's going to get out that last episode of YDKF he said he would though. I understand, it just sucks we can't have a swan song.

Just put out the new episode of the Memory Machine. Its not video game related, so I suppose this is the last time I'll post about it here until there's another one having to do with old video games.

Anyways, this one is about 25 year-old superhero cartoons. And if that's too recent for ya, the next one two weeks from now is gonna be about Universal Monster movies.

https://soundcloud.com/user-381189297/memory-machine-2-90s-superhero-cartoons-and-batman

The season finale of RCadeRadio is playing. I'm right now listening to a story of an arcade cab purchase from some sketchy individuals. This is reminding me of the retail horror stories episode of Now You're Playing with Podcast. It also reminds me of the episode of Breaking Bad with the ATM.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow only half an hour with Ben Heckendorn on ANTIC podcast? Tell me he had to be somewhere...

I talked with him a bit in Portland, less than a day after hearing his interview on Kaneda's podcast. I asked him if Paul Walsh(America's Most Wanted) got miffed with Charlie naming his pin "America's Most Haunted", citing "My son died for your game", and everyone busted out laughing. A horribly insensitive joke, but it worked.

• 2 weeks later...

Just installed iOS 11.0.3 or whatever it's called, and they sure did a number on the podcasts app. WTF? It's a complete mess. I can't even see a way to mark an episode as played.

Yikes, glad I haven't "upgraded" my iPhone yet. I'm never an early adopter with iOS updates.

So you use the Apple Podcast app? Have you tried Downcast? Been using it for years.

Sent from my Keyboard Component using Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk cassette

Edited by nurmix
  • Like 1

Yikes, glad I haven't "upgraded" my iPhone yet. I'm never an early adopter with iOS updates.

So you use the Apple Podcast app? Have you tried Downcast? Been using it for years.

Sent from my Keyboard Component using Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk cassette

Yeah, I've used the built-in app for a few years now. The last iteration of it before they ruined it was actually really good... at least, for my needs. Now it's completely different and after several days of trying to use it I still get frustrated every time I open it. I don't understand how they could be so tone deaf on updating something that worked just fine as it was.

I rarely listen right up to the very last second of a podcast to trigger the "played" flag... which is why, before, I'd simply hit "mark as played" when I was done with a particular episode. Can't do that anymore, and the 97% played stuff still shows up amongst the new stuff.

Honestly, I'm worried the next version of iOS won't let me mark an e-mail as read until I read all the way down to the bottom of the sender's signature line.

I'm reasonably confident they'll fix it eventually, but it may be time to check out Downcast.

Edited by Cynicaster
  • Like 1