IGNORED

2 worthy video game podcasts

S1500

Nothing left but ugly girls & air in the keg.

Come on, RJ. You can still get some foam (that will settle into watered down warm beer) from that keg. And the girl over there with the giant mole on her nose isn't THAT bad! Nothing a paper bag can't fix anyway..

• Like 1

I thought you got the foam when you first tap the keg. What do I know, it's been a long time.

I can't speak to the scientific validity of my statement, but that doesn't stop me from standing behind it! And the bag did the trick (well, that and a dark room).

Completely OT: I just remembered an early childhood memory burnt into my head that weirded me out.

It was Steve Martin, drunk as hell, walking home from a party. Instead of hopping into his car, he hops into a steam roller and drives off. He hits a kid and flattens him. We then see a flattened kid with a surprised look on his face. Used to be on YouTube.

I totally remember that! That's from his TV special titled Comedy is Not Pretty (also the name of one of his albums). I LOVED that special. We taped it and I watched it over and over again.

The joke payoff to that sketch is the TV reporter saying something like "so if your friend is attempting to drive home drunk in a steam-roller, take his keys away. He'll flat-out thank you in the morning."

• Like 2

Hey Willie, looks like your plans for Colecovisions parallel nicely with the Intellivisionaries plans! We're doing LV Poker and Blackjack for our September show (recording some of it - maybe quite a lot of it! - at CGE). And then we'll probably be doing a Halloween themed game for October as well (Intellivision gamers can probably guess which...) Maybe there's some opportunity for cross-over hijinks again.

That would be fun! also covering Blackjack for the Channel F Files as well while out there :) Oh, I just listened to the Treasures of Tarmin episode of the Intellivisionaries while driving up to a Arcade Party yesterday. I am sorry the Kaboom did not work, it did on my Atari Junior. But hey! you got some games and a "not for resale" Atari 2600 for free plus paid no shipping. Dang dude! :) I am feeling all beat up now :) hee hee

• Like 1

Oh, I just listened to the Treasures of Tarmin episode of the Intellivisionaries while driving up to a Arcade Party yesterday. I am sorry the Kaboom did not work, it did on my Atari Junior. But hey! you got some games and a "not for resale" Atari 2600 for free plus paid no shipping. Dang dude! :) I am feeling all beat up now :) hee hee

No worries about Kaboom! I have the multi-cart now, so I've got no excuses for not playing it.

I really appreciate the kindness of sending me all that retro-awesomeness!

Stop the presses: RGR had a top 10 segment I didn't fast-forward over. The segment was about the 10 worst pinballs.

Sorry S, I cancelled you out. Skipped quite a bit of the whole episode. Not feeling RGR lately. Other than SoCal acknowledging what's going on over there (at the end of ColecoVisions podcast- & ferg it was good of you to bring it up), doesnt feel like they're taking steps to remedy anything.

• Like 1

Did Becky live in Europe for awhile? 'Cuz that's where the 800XE was marketed. :P

She insists that is what she had as a kid. She was very young during the Atari 8 bit heyday so you could say she is misremembering, but that memory is so specific it's hard to discount. we will probably never know the whole story.

I kid, I kid. But she's sure she's not getting the 800XL mixed with the 65XE or 130XE somehow?

She's right about Blue Max, but Desert Falcon is more arcade-y. Blue Max (& several ofher games) was released on XE cartridge, the exterior matched that of the XEGS. IIRR the labels said "XE" right on them, but they also ran on the 800XL. Maybe therein lies her confusion.

The Thin Ice episode of the Intellivisionaries had your best interview segment yet. It's too bad their paths hadn't crossed all that much, Keith and Fatman would be fantastic for a podcast or their own panel.

and poor will

Agreed about Keith and The Fatman! I could've talked to them for another hour, but then you know, we don't need even MORE complaints about podcast length...

;-p

As for Will... What? I didn't notice anything unusual.

• Like 1