IGNORED

2 worthy video game podcasts

S1500

Chrisbd I think we're syncronized. My latest ep is 80% done, but I keep accidentally playing Wasteland 2....for several hours.

I've forced myself not to fire up Wasteland 2 for the last week, cause I'm in the ending phase of my studying for my Series 7 exam and I can NOT afford to spend several hours on that. ;)

I left off with my party just having reached California. Great game, I can't praise it enough.

Sorry to hear about the bad day, but I posted a link to a modern gaming podcast I really liked a week ago. I'd like this thread is for ALL gaming podcasts, not just the retro ones. Not to mention no one can agree on what exactly defines a 'retro' system and how long has to elapse...in fact, I listened to the new Retro Obscura podcast at work and the guys were debating just that. :P

EDIT: Oh, I see, it's cause I responded to a comment about Wasteland 2. Sorry about that, but I will say that if you enjoyed the original Wasteland from 25 years ago, you'll swear this is a sequel made back then and not now. :)

Edited by SoulBlazer
  • Like 1

Sorry to hear about the bad day, but I posted a link to a modern gaming podcast I really liked a week ago. I'd like this thread is for ALL gaming podcasts, not just the retro ones. Not to mention no one can agree on what exactly defines a 'retro' system and how long has to elapse...in fact, I listened to the new Retro Obscura podcast at work and the guys were debating just that. :P

Regardless, if you go back on the history of this thread, it leans retro. We started out discussing retro podcasts, & calling them out if they werent retro ENOUGH (among other aspects). Maybe I'm speaking for myself when I say I dont wanna see a bunch of links to MG podcasts here, but I know I'm not alone in my own little retro rowboat.

& the day is getting better, kids & dogs are finally behaving, just having FB fight w/ the wife while she's at Garth Brooks...but not BECAUSE of Garth Brooks.

Edited by RJ
  • Like 2

Oh, totally agree on that. I only mentioned the one modern gaming podcast cause I had been searching for a good one and it took a few weeks to find one, and I just dropped the link here in case others were interested also.

But speaking about retro gaming podcasts -- let me just toss this out here to see if there may be any interest. It seems like the one major retro gaming system or computer that doesn't have a podcast dedicated to it is the Super Nintendo. I've been tossing around the idea of doing my own podcast for a while now, and given how the SNES is my second favorite system (next to the NES) I'm thinking about doing a podcast on the SNES. Is there any interest out there in this?

• Like 3

I hear much less about SNES than I do NES, thats for sure. Thats because so many "retro"gamers are too NES-centric for me.

But I'd welcome a(n?) SNES cast. I have an SNES & a small library w/ no RPGs. I realize & acknowledge people consider many SNES RPGs as awesome, while I have no interest in them whatsoever. I would sub/listen up until the show got RPG-heavy, & odds are it would.

& leave it to us to tell you what needs fixing, & what doesnt. :D

Edited by RJ
  • Like 1

Oh, totally agree on that. I only mentioned the one modern gaming podcast cause I had been searching for a good one and it took a few weeks to find one, and I just dropped the link here in case others were interested also.

But speaking about retro gaming podcasts -- let me just toss this out here to see if there may be any interest. It seems like the one major retro gaming system or computer that doesn't have a podcast dedicated to it is the Super Nintendo. I've been tossing around the idea of doing my own podcast for a while now, and given how the SNES is my second favorite system (next to the NES) I'm thinking about doing a podcast on the SNES. Is there any interest out there in this?

Do it SoulBlazer! I will definately listen to a SNES podcast! I love Mr Do and Knights of the Round on that system among others!

• Like 1

Ferg: "Math Gran Prix is a turn-based strategy game". Love it!

If any more podcasts start because of this thread I started, I will have to start charging some sort of license agreement. Again, I have a sleazy lawyer that can pull this off.

Yeah, and one of my best friends is a lawyer....see you in court. :twisted:

I am right now listening to the Retronauts episode, where the topic is "What we are doing with your money".

With all the other retro gaming podcasts that have never depended upon funding, I'm not seeing why they needed all this money. I really don't. And how much extra would it have costed to research the button layout on the Intellivision controller?

I like to keep it hobbyist/grassroots instead of commercial/corporate. Really, thousands of $ to talk about Mother 3 again?

• Like 3

The PRGE walkthru audio wasnt bad at all. At least you were audible throughout the entire segment. Hearing crowd noise & video games is expected when walking among a crowd & video games.

& having previously watched player/missile's Youtube walkthrough of the same coinop area, I had a great mental visual listening to you. Later today Im gonna listen to you & watch his vid simultaneously & see how well I can sync them up :)

Edited by RJ
  • Like 1

The PRGE walkthru audio wasnt bad at all. At least you were audible throughout the entire segment. Hearing crowd noise & video games is expected when walking among a crowd & video games.

& having previously watched player/missile's Youtube walkthrough of the same coinop area, I had a great mental visual listening to you. Later today Im gonna listen to you & watch his vid simultaneously & see how well I can sync them up :)

In retrospect, the audio quality wasn't bad at all. That will be $150,000 in Kickstarter money, please. :)

Did Player/Missle get me somewhere on the video? I saw a few people with video cameras scannin' the way.

Weird, it just started playing P/M right now on the iPod after fast forwarding Retronauts "Robin Williams reads the phone book" sketch on SCTV.

Hey guys! Just wanted to touch base. I've finally gotten caught up on dozens of quality retro gaming podcasts, as my new job requires a heck of a lot of driving these days. I have a random question for you all. Is there a retro podcast that just has a way of putting you in a good mood? Of course, we all enjoy our podcasts, otherwise we probably wouldn't subscribe, but is there a particular show that has a certain charm or enthusiasm that is a bit contagious for you on a personal level? For me, it's got to be No Quarter, with Carrington and Mike's witty banter, and ColecoVisions for the off the wall, crazy skits. Heck, most, if not all, of the retro gaming podcasts I listen to have a certain charm that's undeniable, I guess.

Edited by Rob625
  • Like 2

Heck, I get a good feeling about most of the ones I listen to, but I did have a unique experience a few weeks back. I noticed there was a new episode of Retrobits, which are few and far between. When I played it and heard the theme music start, I got an actual wave of nostalgic feeling that came over me. Is it possible that a retro podcast is now retro itself? I guess so, a quick check reveals that Retrobits will be ten years old in June. Earl needs to crank out at least one more episode for that.

• Like 1

I can understand that for sure. Just recently, I heard The Retro League for the first time since Landon and I started The Retro Junkies. The Retro League was a huge influence on our show, as I had listened to them for about two years before ever even entertaining the thought of starting our own show. However, when Landon and I were cranking out so many episodes of our own, I didn't have the time to listen to a whole lot of podcasts anymore. Well, once Landon and I quit The Retro Junkies for a little while, I finally got to listen to The Retro League again. I think it was the No Swear Gamer episode, and just hearing Rob and Hughes for the first time in a year or more, brought back lots of good memories. Retro podcasting nostalgia's a pretty wild thing!

Edited by Rob625

Did Player/Missle get me somewhere on the video? I saw a few people with video cameras scannin' the way.

Now I cant find his YT video walkthru to try my little syncing experiment. Link from his site doesnt work for me either. :(

I think Gamester81 needs more videos on Youtube though. Jesus.

(/sarcasm)

Edited by RJ

Hey guys! Just wanted to touch base. I've finally gotten caught up on dozens of quality retro gaming podcasts, as my new job requires a heck of a lot of driving these days. I have a random question for you all. Is there a retro podcast that just has a way of putting you in a good mood? Of course, we all enjoy our podcasts, otherwise we probably wouldn't subscribe, but is there a particular show that has a certain charm or enthusiasm that is a bit contagious for you on a personal level? For me, it's got to be No Quarter, with Carrington and Mike's witty banter, and ColecoVisions for the off the wall, crazy skits. Heck, most, if not all, of the retro gaming podcasts I listen to have a certain charm that's undeniable, I guess.

Now You're Playing with Podcast always gets a first listen(pushing all the other podcasts out of the way) solely for its humor level. You're always guaranteed a H*R reference, or "Stroke limit!" or memes. All blended nicely with video game discussion.

• Like 4

Now I cant find his YT video walkthru to try my little syncing experiment. Link from his site doesnt work for me either. :(

I used the full youtube.com/watch= whatever on the website, which works on my home network. I tried that on a different network and it didn't work until I tried the shortened URL, which did for some reason. Maybe try youtu.be/dzLDLhIRJsc

Edited by playermissile