Aircars KA

BuddyBuddies

Aircars KA cartridge release  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy this version on cartridge

• YES
    • NO

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I own an air cars i bought from the guys that made it, it came with a manual and a box insert but no box. The game is a real turd. How much better is this KA version? Just for collectors sake, though, put down for one :)

That's an understatement. I bought two of them when new. One is still sealed. Definite stinker. At least it doesn't ask "where did I learn to fly" every single time I bump something.

Stephen Anderson

I disagree totally, once you get past the ugly looks Aircars is actually a pretty decent game! :love:

Just need to fill it with more to do AND lose the horrible voice overs. What in the heck was that chick thinking? Reminds me of how a lot of tweens talk today... in that willowy, unsure - question mark inflection at the end of every sentence kind of way. lol

Like how Stewie talks when he's being a smartass ;)

Edited by save2600

There are all different types of games to collect and play. Some are collected because they are bad, some because they were good. Air Cars to me is a game that was awful to look at but could be enjoyed...to a small degree. Do you judge a game on what it accomplished or the "spirit" of what the game was trying to do. Many Jaguar games fall in the later category. I look forward to this version being available, count me in.

• 9 months later...

AIRCARS KA UPDATE:

For those Atariage members who are interested in the Jaguar Aircars KA release, it will be ready to go on sale shortly, if your name is on the reservation list please confirm that you still want a copy with me. If anybody else wants to be added now is the time to contact me.

The set includes a cartridge, clamshell with full color insert, a copy of the original aircars instructions and an addendum that outlines the enhancements and includes a several development notes on the game- including a summary that seems to indicate why Atari declined to publish the game.

KA Aircars will sell for $65 + S&H and is slated for a late September release!

JAGUAR RULES!

For more information follow this link: http://www.jaguarsector.com/index.php?showtopic=31891&st=0&start=0

Thanks for supporting Team Jaguar!

just finished printing the inserts, labels and instruction sheets so we're getting *very*very* close :)

This does not show the original Aircars instruction manual which is also included, but it does show pretty much everything else. the included test docs are those bullet points after the diagram.

Very nice looking package!

just finished printing the inserts, labels and instruction sheets so we're getting *very*very* close :)

This does not show the original Aircars instruction manual which is also included, but it does show pretty much everything else. the included test docs are those bullet points after the diagram.

Very nice looking package!

Thank you buddy! :)

Aircars KA is now on sale! Details here : http://www.jaguarsec...91&st=0&start=0

Thanks to those who support Team Jaguar and our releases! :)

Edited by BuddyBuddies

I don't know...

I have the original Aircars version (still sealed), B&C version and the Aircars 94 version, how many more version are out there...

The original ICD release and the Aircars B&C release are the exact same except for the label, KA is the last known version to my knowledge. "JAGUAR RULES!"

UPDATE: IF YOU STILL WISH TO PLACE AN ORDER FOR THIS GAME PLEASE CONTACT B&C COMPUTERVISIONS (MYATARI). Check the JS2 thread for additional detail if necessary.

I don't know...

I have the original Aircars version (still sealed), B&C version and the Aircars 94 version, how many more version are out there...

There are only 2 real different "final builds" of Aircars, KA Aircars and ICD Aircars. The KA version was sent into te ESRB to get rated but for whatever reasons is different in certain ways to the ICD version.

Like all other games, Aircars went through many revisions/versions/builds before it was completed. Aircars 94 was one of these betas, and there are presumably others that exist too.

I don't know...

The original ICD release and the Aircars B&C release are the exact same except for the label, KA is the last known version to my knowledge. "JAGUAR RULES!"

I hope a KA version is still around in november, my funds are low this month, I just had to pay a darn traffic fine :x , I drove through a red traffic light few weeks ago (can't remember doing it), bye bye $230,- :sad:

Think I'm gonna play Doom, and imagine those demons are police officers who are just out to get my money :D

• 2 weeks later...

I hope a KA version is still around in november, my funds are low this month, I just had to pay a darn traffic fine :x , I drove through a red traffic light few weeks ago (can't remember doing it), bye bye $230,- :sad:

Think I'm gonna play Doom, and imagine those demons are police officers who are just out to get my money :D

So you just paid the ticket instead of contesting it at court? It was one of those radar photo cameras at an intersection or something? If you couldn't remember it, I'd ask for proof before shelling out that kind of dough. Besides, used to be if you went to court and the traffic cop didn't show, you'd get out of paying that ticket...

Edited by save2600

Just got KA Aircars in the mail yesterday, played it some and it does have some nice differences. Will be playing it more this weekend, thanks Buddybuddies, and Team Jaguar. Nice packaging, insert/clamshell DVD case, original manual and addendum - oh and I appreciate you guys getting Bruce to upgrade to the nice cart label on this and the TT releases, it's so much better than what Bruce used to do with the cheap inkjet printer and clear packing tape seal! :P Hahaha!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...