IGNORED

Combat II Advanced Contest

Albert

/features/contests/Combat2/index.htmlMean Hamster Software and AtariAge are sponsoring a contest for the upcoming Combat II Advanced now in development for the Atari 5200. This contest will be accessible to everyone--all you need to do is send us a postcard, and two winners will be chosen at random to win autographed copies of the limited release of Combat II Advanced in November. These limited edition carts will have a unique reflective gold label to make them stand out from the later, general release of the game. You can learn more about the contest and how to enter by visiting the Combat II Advanced Contest page.

I just posted four more postcards to the contest page. So far all the postcards are from the US, but I hope we get some international entries before it's all said and done. Remember, all you have to do for your chance to win one of two autographed Combat II Advanced carts is send a postcard to:

AtariAge Headquarters

PO Box 27217

Austin, TX 78755-2217

Doesn't get much easier than that! :)

..Al

• 2 weeks later...

/features/contests/Combat2/index.htmlIf you haven't yet sent in a postcard for the Combat II Advanced Contest, you only have a few days left! AtariAge and Mean Hamster Software are giving away two copies of Combat II Advanced for the Atari 5200, which will be on sale shortly in the AtariAge Store. We will be accepting postcards that are postmarked through Saturday, November 9th, as long as we receive them within a week of that date. Thus far we have received 20 postcards--where's yours? More info about the contest and where to send your postcard can be found here. Good luck!

Here's a picture of the carts we're giving away:

Prizes_1_thumb.jpg

..Al

Hey, there is a thread for the competition, I'd missed it. :)

Glad to be one of the two international postcards. I would have sent a picture of Perth but I'm too damn cheap and I just grabbed a free postacard from the arts department. :)

It's a very nice competition, but any idea if another label compo is on the horizon?

My favorite is Bryce Canyon, Utah card ....  "Hell of a place to lose a cow!" --  Mr. Bryce on what he thought of the canyon that bears his name.

Yes, that is a great postcard, that looks like an awesome place to explore! As long as I'm not exploring it looking for something, like a lost cow. Maybe this is where Atari buried all the E.T. carts? :)

I just posted four more postcards to the contest page. This weekend we will choose two winners!

..Al

Hey -- mine is a repeat with Holly Hill, FL. What are the chances with the dozens of crappy/touristy Florida postcards? I was going to send one of the typical "hot babes in bikinis -- this is the life" Florida postcards, but I thought sure there would be lots of others just like it. I was wrong -- AtariAge posters have some taste -- well done!

P.S. Make that three of the same -- what's the deal with the attraction of the house???

P.S. Make that three of the same -- what's the deal with the attraction of the house???

Yes, I was quite amused when I noticed that, and was wondering how long it would be before someone else picked up on it. So not only have we received an unusually high number of postcards from Florida, but three of them are the same! Things that make you go, Hmmmmmmmmm...

..Al

You still haven't posted the postcard that I sent.  I hope that it arrives in time as I sent it from a little hillbilly town in Missouri.  I sent it out last Friday and thought that you should have it by now.

All the postcards that have been received as of today have been scanned and posted to the contest page. I'm sure yours will arrive soon. :)

..Al