IGNORED

walmart offering vintage nes?

I was going through black friday ads and I found one that said walmart was offering a retro nes for something like $35. is this possible?

Could be one of those Jakks Pacific type things with built-in games.

I dont know but the photo they showed was an actually NES with controllers. i will try and find it again.

I dont know but the photo they showed was an actually NES with controllers. i will try and find it again.

If I had to guess, and presuming it isn't a Jakks device, I'd say Wal Mart commissioned their own famiclone and it just looks really good. I can't see any scenario in which Nintendo is involved in any official capacity.

In any case, there's no way I'm going out on Black Friday. Screw that. I'd rather pay double on eBay than play that bloodsport.

Yeah, remember last year when that guy got trampled and killed at Wal Mart on Black Friday?

Where can I get a decent suit of armor for cheap? :?

Wally World is taking proactive measures to ensure that doesn't happen again by opening or keeping their stores open 24 hours the night before. But yeah, what a worthless way to go.... trampled at a Wal-Mart. Personally, I avoid the store altogether and you should too. lol www.peopleofwalmart.com

Yeah, remember last year when that guy got trampled and killed at Wal Mart on Black Friday?

Wally World is taking proactive measures to ensure that doesn't happen again by opening or keeping their stores open 24 hours the night before. But yeah, what a worthless way to go.... trampled at a Wal-Mart. Personally, I avoid the store altogether and you should too. lol www.peopleofwalmart.com

There's a story like that every few years, actually. I know when I worked retail, we never finished a Black Friday without some form of violent incident. Fortunately, nothing fatal. Even still, the money you might save did not even come close to justifying the early-morning wake up, long lines, miserable conditions, and (in my area) frigid temperatures. I may not be rich, but there's no sale worth putting myself through THAT on my day off.

Ever since I left retail, I've spent every Black Friday at home, on my couch, wearing fuzzy slippers and sipping hot chocolate. :cool:

Wal Mart is awesome. We like it in Northwest Arkansas more than anywhere else though.

I only once went Black Friday shopping, but it was moreso being asked to go shopping during the time of BF. It wasn't some huge stampede of housewives and screaming kids.

I frankly don't see the appeal of Black Friday. It's mostly things that are discounted a bit, but not by any significant eye-raising amount. Ooh, $50 off a laptop. There's plenty of better deals on the web 365 days a year, and it's not all clearance stuff.

Bring on the "me too" deals like coffee for 10 cents off a cup.

CONSUME

yea, that happened at the walmart on the other side of the county I live in, it boarders with queens and they blame the nyc people for the death.

Mirocenter sells the new in box RetroDuo etc and Famiclone friends, but no (pirated) games. Maybe those?

As for Wally World not carrying pirated famicom games, you probably are right. However, CarreFour, a WalMart-like place in other countries, at least in Taiwan, sells xxx-in-1 pirated Famicom sytems and even has in-store demo units.