IGNORED

walmart offering vintage nes?

nah, that wasnt it. it was an actual 86 nes, with 2 controllers. I spoke to SCREAM AND FLY and he said it might have been a famicom one.

Seriously, if you can't actually show us what you're talking about, you're not in a position to say what it was or wasn't.

This is what you saw. There's no possible way an NES from 1986 is going to be on sale at Wal-Mart.

Unless... maybe Walmart finally made so much money from their sleazy abusive labor policies and their $10 50 gallon jars of pickles, that they invented a time machine and are now raiding stock from the past!

:P

i went to google and searched BLACK FRIDAY SALES WALMART and thats how i came across.

I performed the exact same search, and this is what came up:

210893765.jpg

This is what you saw. There's no possible way an NES from 1986 is going to be on sale at Wal-Mart.

no, this is not what I. I said it was a 1986 NES and the image was cropped to give it a slimmer look.

There is a famiclone that looks like a squished NES. Is it that one?

It could be. could you provide a picture? I read the description and it didnt say anything about inserting cartridges which would lead me to believe it maybe a famiclone.

That "squished" famiclone people are talking about is the Generation NEX from Messiah. They are out of the ball game, and NEX is pretty hard to find.

AND, if Walmart was selling 5200's.. that would be pretty neat. Nice photoshop efforts :ponder:

I call this whole thing an honest mistake or good old fashioned B.S.

The Internet is packed full of Walmart black Friday info and there's nothing NES.

well, it wasnt bs from me. I was excited to see it but stupid not to save it. I apoligize if I got anybody excited over it. but i am wondering if they did release it, why? wasnt it terrible when it came to the games in regards to making connections? I would much rather see a top loader released, like the black one thats out with the nes and snes.

There is a famiclone that looks like a squished NES. Is it that one?

It could be. could you provide a picture? I read the description and it didnt say anything about inserting cartridges which would lead me to believe it maybe a famiclone.

That "squished" famiclone people are talking about is the Generation NEX from Messiah. They are out of the ball game, and NEX is pretty hard to find.

AND, if Walmart was selling 5200's.. that would be pretty neat. Nice photoshop efforts :ponder:

Yeah almost had me going but a nice effort

Its the Atari Joystick plug n play with a pic of a 5200 and 200 bucks edited in

Edited by HatNJ

There's a loose, untested NEX system on eBay right now. There are also a few YouTube videos out there about the system. Would be nice if they were common--they seem like pretty decently-built units.

Yeah, I've had one since they came out and I'm very happy with it. The compatibility isn't perfect, but 99% of stuff works fine. It's well-made and it's nice having the Famicom slot... I've got the wireless controllers, too, which is handy.

Problem with the NEX was the price. They were probably the best built famiclone I have seen, however that came at a pretty steep price of $59.99 MSRP. Add in that they only came with 1 wired controller and you could get an FC Twin for cheaper at the time = doomed.

Not too mention the NAOC they used was pretty poor. I really liked the design and packaging though.

Problem with the NEX was the price. They were probably the best built famiclone I have seen, however that came at a pretty steep price of $59.99 MSRP. Add in that they only came with 1 wired controller and you could get an FC Twin for cheaper at the time = doomed.

Not too mention the NAOC they used was pretty poor. I really liked the design and packaging though.

I've had personal experience(my buddy had one at one point), and while I'll say it was a nice unit, even slightly less than perfect compatibility is unacceptable to me since a real NES is easily found for far less, even with the trouble of possibly having to refab it with a new 64 pin (is that the right #?)connector.

NES systems, at least in my area, are easy to pick up inexpensively. It's the games, unfortunately, that people seem to place a retardedly high value on. Sorry folks but an NES cart, I don't care what game it is, is NEVER worth $10 or more to me. I collect Atari, and I understand rarity/value, but NES stuff will never be worth it to me. That's just my druthers I guess.

On the other hand, I find myself coming closer and closer to buying one of those "DUO" units that plays NES and SNES games, but lack of 100% compatibility still holds me back. Atari FB2 nightmares still haunt me...I BOUGHT FB2S, RAPED VINTAGE 2600s FOR CART CONNECTORS, SPENT UMPTEEN HOURS MODDING AND STILL CAN'T PLAY BERSERK? AAAAGGHHH!!!...

Furthermore, just to repeat my previous post in this thread, I'm not really calling bullshit, just maybe a good honest mistake. Whatever,let's just face it this "NES at Wal-Mart" stuff is not reality. Why even post a thread if you've no link to verify it? And again, the 'interweb' is chock full of Wal-Mart black Friday info but nothing NES whatsoever. So officially this thread is dead city/useless. There is no NES clone being sold at Wal-mart. If there was, they would be more than glad to have its info spread everywhere. That's why when their black Friday ad is "leaked," you never hear of any real repercussions. It's sales and advertising. There's no reason for any secrets when you're trying to sell, certainly not with a product that has no special value relating to release/surprise or whatever.

It's also just not Wal-Mart's style to sell anything like that, plain and simple. If they sold vintage NES carts, plastic-wrapped to pieces of cardboard like K-Mart used to, then I could MAYBE see it, but it's just not generally in their business model to sell stuff that makes you go somewhere else to buy parts/acessories/games etc.

In other/semi-related matters, I've posted the video of Jenna Jameson sexing me up on youtube. Dang! I lost the link and now I can't find it! I promise it was real.

I attribute this thread to probably just a little sleepy-ness and maybe a bit of wishful thinking on the part of the OP. I saw his previous reply and believe he is not purposely full of crap, it's just obviously not fact or we would all have followed a link that surely would have been posted by now. We'd probably be reading reviews of the product on this very thread by now, if it actually existed.