IGNORED

anyone playing the new super mario bros wii?

dark 666

• 2 weeks later...

I've been enjoying the game on the whole, but I HATE the "rescue the toad" levels. I think I one got one out successfully so far, that's it. The fact that they're sitting on the map screen taunting me makes me not want to skip them, but they're darn frustrating. I also hate shaking the wiimote to pick up the toads. Other than that, I agree it recaptures the charm of the 2d Mario games. It's well done and lots of fun. Just screw those stupid toads.

This is a good reminder for me to go back and continue playing it. Bought it launch week or so, but the nostalgia factor wore off quickly. I got to world six or seven and I stopped playing it. Just got bored/lost interest.

I've got a couple gripes with it, I guess. It's been a little too overly easy so far, especially compared to the older games. Eh.. Maybe I'm just too good. :roll: It's not as quickly-paced as the older ones either, even down to how the characters move. I also think not having a leaf or cape power-up (or something nearly identical to them) was a bad design choice.. Despite the two new suits, it feels like a step backwards. Likewise, it's sorry to see the omission of the Super-sized Mario (I only played the DS version once, but the large Mario was awesome), and the lack of really implementing Yoshi very often at all is a major disappointment.

Regarding the above post about the Toad levels, that's another design choice I didn't care for. I did the first few, but then the bastards just kept popping up left and right! After saving one or two, they were literally appearing up after every level I finished.. It was ridiculous. I said "screw it", and have skipped each one for the rest of the game. Maybe they would have worked better as a separate gameplay mode after you finish the game, because I can see where they will add a lot of challenge to the later levels in the game.

...Anyways, regardless of that little rant, the NSMBW is still a wonderful game. Really do need to go back and finish it.. Maybe I'll do that on my days-off this week.

On a side note, I bought Mario World on the Virtual Console the other day though, and I'm having a blast running through that again.. Something about that game, just never gets old. I guess it's just gaming perfection. :D

Edited by Austin

Could have sworn I replied to this already (oh well, maybe asimilar topic :P )

Yeah, been playiing, awesome game. I got toworld 8 and started getting mangled and stomped, so I started back in world one again, just to build up more stuff and lives. Hey, the tiny mushroom is cool, and you an bounce on enemies with it :lol: Listening to Marios voice when he's tiny is funny as hell....it makes me LOL Out loud :P (props for who gets that)

Anyhow, great, it's a cross between Super Mario Bros, and Super Mario World, great game. Looking forward to a sequel, but at this point, I'm just thinking about maybe getting the DSone, even though I don't really wnt to pay over $30 for a portable game. (never had, beyond lemings for Lynx, but eh, that was different....it was well used :P )