IGNORED

ColecoVision Controller rebuild and joystick ball offer

Yurkie

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a shaft from an Adam Controller that I threaded and put the 1" knob on.

I cut the square end into a round end with a .250 diameter then very slowly and carefully cut threads using a 1/4 - 20 die.

The knob is attached really nice.

I will offer a complete rebuild on ( will work like new including both fire buttons and keypad ) a Adam/ColecoVision Controller and the installation of this exact type knob for anyone interested. $20 per controller plus actual cost of return shipping. For an extra $8 I will install a straight cord.

First photo is threaded shaft.

Second photo is threaded shaft with the knob screwed down in place.

For more information, or for do it yourselfers check out this thread.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/152430-colecovision-joystick-ball-set-investors-10-sets-for-100-shipped/page__fromsearch__1

Just givin' my boouy Yurkie some well deserved props:

I just bought my 3rd and 4th sets of these controllers from Yurkie. I can't believe how -=quickly=- he can take a crappy old sort-of-working ColecoVision controller--disassemble it, clean the housings, straighten the cords and replace the original stick top with a ball knob. He is unbelievably fast on his turnaround and the work is ALWAYS top-notch. I couldn't be more thrilled about this latest set. There is nothing like popping in the Opcode Pac-Man collection cart, flippin' the switch on my modded ColecoVision, watching that big blue light shine like the top of the Chrysler Building and having flawless response from these wicked controllers.

Thanks gain, Y.

w0rd.

myico.png

• 4 weeks later...

There has been quite a few people new to the ColecoVision recently so I thought I should bump this thread and my A/V mod thread.

I also offer a fire skip BIOS, and a pause button mod. Check out the link to Youtube video in my signature or my profile for links to services I offer.

I am looking for unbroken Black ColecoVision controllers and broken Adam/ColecoVision controllers for parts. I need them for my Smurf controller project and to go with several extra console

$10 credit each for unbroken black controllers toward any service I offer.

I am looking for unbroken Black ColecoVision controllers and broken Adam/ColecoVision controllers for parts. I need them for my Smurf controller project and to go with several extra console

When you say unbroken,are you referring to the physical aspects of it or that it needs to be playable?

When you say unbroken,are you referring to the physical aspects of it or that it needs to be playable?

I mean physically intact. Not functionality. No cracked/missing plastic where the 2 halves come together, cracks in the webbing over the keypad, chips in plastic, broken joysticks, deep scratches.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I ordered a bunch of extra ball knobs when ordering the ones needed for my Smurf controller project. Send me a message if you would like your controllers refurbished with or without ball mods and straightened cords.

Hey Yurkie,

Am I correct that it would be necessary to destroy the top sticker to get to the screw holding the knob to the joystick stem?

It is actually a polished and coated aluminum disc, (sometimes plastic disc on Adam controllers) and most of the time I pound a small screwdriver through the center and pry the disc off. If the disc is in really nice shape which is a rarity I will sometimes try to pry around the edges carefully to remove it. Problem with prying on the edge is that most of the time the edge gets nicked up, or the disc gets bent. Out of over 150 controllers I have installed ball knobs on I have about 6 discs that I have salvaged.

• 4 weeks later...

I am offering a special on my controller mod and refurbishing. Free return shipping, valid if controllers are shipped by Monday December 6th.

You get the same great service:

Housings, cords and keypads cleaned

keypad connector and socket cleaned

joystick directional controllers refurbished

fire buttons dissembled and refurbished

Optional but also included:

replacement ball knobs installed

coily cord straightened

$40 per set.

Free return shipping is for the US only and will be via Priority Mail with delivery confirmation.

I also offer repairs and complete system refurbishing. See the links to all my refurbishing and mod services on my profile. Profile link:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/user/23318-yurkie/

Thanks and Happy Gaming.

Is it possible to get a list of your services PINNED on this forum icon_question.gificon_question.gificon_question.gif

As good as your work is, it should be PINNED all over AtariAge. icon_mrgreen.gif

It would be nice, not sure if Al would be for it or not.

Yes, I agree. Only problem is that there are others here, I believe, who are also providing services. If yours was pinned, by rights there's should be allowed also. Following would be a ColecoVision forum turned into a CV repair/refurb forum. Obviously not what might be intended, but a likely outcome, IMO.

Is it possible to get a list of your services PINNED on this forum icon_question.gificon_question.gificon_question.gif

As good as your work is, it should be PINNED all over AtariAge. icon_mrgreen.gif

Yes, I agree. Only problem is that there are others here, I believe, who are also providing services. If yours was pinned, by rights there's should be allowed also. Following would be a ColecoVision forum turned into a CV repair/refurb forum. Obviously not what might be intended, but a likely outcome, IMO.

I second that motion. Either a new "ColecoVision Repairs" or "ColecoVision Hardware Issues" sub-forum would be great.

I second that motion. Either a new "ColecoVision Repairs" or "ColecoVision Hardware Issues" sub-forum would be great.

I don't know if a sales thread should be pinned, but if you have any repair questions (or answers), there's this thread: http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/163446-diy-modifications-for-colecovision/page__fromsearch__1

I don't know if a sales thread should be pinned, but if you have any repair questions (or answers), there's this thread: http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/163446-diy-modifications-for-colecovision/page__fromsearch__1

It's a good thread, but most people who come to the forums looking for help about CV hardware issues usually don't look at older threads, they just create a new thread to explain their particular problem(s) and then keep their fingers crossed. Hence the need for a "CV repairs" sub-forum, IMHO. :)

It's a good thread, but most people who come to the forums looking for help about CV hardware issues usually don't look at older threads, they just create a new thread to explain their particular problem(s) and then keep their fingers crossed. Hence the need for a "CV repairs" sub-forum, IMHO. :)

ED: lost my train of thought :)

Edited by NIAD