• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Changes in manual section:

* Added "COMPUTE's! beginner's guide to Assembly Language on the TI-99/4A" searchable PDF including reference to "online" version @ Scribd.

* Added "COMPUTE!'s TI Collection volume One" searchable PDF including reference to "online" version @ Scribd.

* Added "Texas Instruments TI LOGO manual" searchable PDF including reference to "online" version @ Scribd.

* Replaced "Editor/Assembler reference manual" PDF with searchable version including reference to "online" version @ Scribd.

Changes in tool section:

* Added updated Youtube Video of Limelight.

Edited by retroclouds

I thought I'd make a couple of notes on my stuff in this list:

- MakeCart is now deprecated as the functionality is built into Classic99 and has a lot more power than that simple tool. I'll leave it online for the foreseeable future but Classic99 will produce better cartridges :)

- I'd like to offer up my ModConvertPSG tool as a resource for the audio section. http://harmlesslion.com/software/modconvertpsg (there is a link to a YouTube sample on that page)

- I'd like to offer up my ModConvertPSG tool as a resource for the audio section. http://harmlesslion.com/software/modconvertpsg (there is a link to a YouTube sample on that page)

Mike, does this program produce sound lists for use on a TI?

Sorry, I missed this question. It produces sound chip data in VGM format, which is a standard format so it's easy to find players to test it with. It's a very simple format that basically has timing information and the actual bytes that you send to the sound chip -- it's similar to but not identical to the TI sound list.

That said, it's easy to both write a player for it, and convert it to the TI sound list format. Personally I think a nice compressed format would be ideal too, but I haven't written any of this. If someone had some sounds they converted and tuned to their liking, and had trouble with the player, I'd be happy to help.

As far as I know, nobody's even used the MOD converter. :) But it /should/ run on the VDP interrupt, it's designed to run at 60hz (even with 50hz MODs ;) ). The compression is an exercise for someone to play with someday, maybe me if I get my other work done (I need it for my Coleco work too, and I have some ideas.)

• 2 weeks later...

Implemented the below changes:

* Removed Cartridge creation tool as the same/enhanced functionality is now available in classic99.

* Added ModConvertPSG (by Tursi) to the Audio section

* Added Turbo Forth to the Programming languages section

You'll be seeing more updates to this thread in the next few days. I'll also try to come up with a solution to better credit the authors.

• Like 1

Where appropriate I added the footer "Author: xxxx".

I've decided that I'll only credit Atariage members. That might be a bit controversal but I do have my reasons:

1) I don't want to expose the Author's full name. After all this is the internet people.

2) By clicking on the xxxx link you'll get the Atariage Member details, possibility to send private mail, search topics, etc.

So there's actually some added value. It's up to the corresponding member to decide how much private information he wants to share.

In the next few days I'll be adding some similar credits to the members who scanned manuals/documents or uploaded youtube video tutorials.

Edited by retroclouds
  • Like 1

Thanks for working on the updates!

* Removed Cartridge creation tool as the same/enhanced functionality is now available in classic99.

Could you please add a note to the Classic99 entry that it can create ROM/GROM cartridges? Otherwise it looks like the resource no longer exists at all. :)

Thanks for working on the updates!

Could you please add a note to the Classic99 entry that it can create ROM/GROM cartridges? Otherwise it looks like the resource no longer exists at all. :)

ok, done :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The sticky thread hadn't seen any updates for over 2 months, so it was time for an update :ponder:

* Added the HOW2(I-J) GPL series to the video tutorial section

* Added Simplified 99/4 assembly language by Ken Culp to the books section

* Added reference to the new "TI-99/4A Home Computer Book Archive" site

* Added reference to PEEKBOT view of WHtech site. The nice thing about PEEKBOT is that it actually allows you to access the files that are in the disk images ;)

• Like 1

Another update:

It was brought to my attention, that "Simplified 99/4 assembly language by Ken Culp" is part of the CYC and was posted without permission of CaDD Electronics.

The CYC by CaDD Electronics is a product still being maintained and sold to the TI users community.

As such I have decided to remove the link from the Development resources thread.

• 1 month later...