• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The XB Compiler is out of date in this page...

This one http://atariage.com/forums/topic/206961-xb-compiler-v21/

or this one (with more functionality)

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/224905-xb-game-developers-package/?hl=%2Bextended+%2Bbasic+%2Bgame+%2Bdevelopers+%2Bpackage

Edited by unhuman
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I think this topic needs a section about sound. Here are some suggestions:

• VGM player by Tursi: Compresses VGM files into a format that can be played back on the TI using the included player from C and assembly.
  • Mod2PSG2 by KonTechs/Martin: Fully featured PC tracker for arranging music for the SN76489 and compatible sound chips. Can export to VGM and other formats.
  • Sound List Ripper by RasmusM: PC tool for ripping and playing back sound lists from TI files. Supports basic editing of sounds lists.
  • Sound list player by Matthew180: Plays back sound lists from XB and assembly.
  • Advanced Sound List Player by Marc Hull: TI tools for editing and playing back advanced sounds lists.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

UCSD Pascal ZIP + PDF

The official UCSD Pascal programming manuals and disks. The zip file (70 megabytes) contains all manuals in PDF format.

Here are the PDF manuals for online viewing: Compiler, Editor, Filer, Utilities, Assembler, Linker, p-code card

The UCSD system disk images in v9t9/MESS format can be found here.

Note that you need the UCSD P-code expansion card for running UCSD Pascal on the TI-99/4A.

Thierry Nouspikel has lots of information on the technical implementation of UCSD Pascal on the TI-99/4A.

Check here for details on the P-Code card and here for details on the P-Code system software.

Also a lot of details on UCSD Pascal in general (p-system vm, documentation, cross compiler, ...) can be found here.

Hi.

The links for the Thierry Nouspikel site are dead.

Here follows the currently ones:

http://www.unige.ch/medecine/nouspikel/ti99/pcode.htm

http://www.unige.ch/medecine/nouspikel/ti99/psystem.htm

(edit: See posts below for the correct ones)

Edited by Lisias
  • Like 1

Hi.

The links for the Thierry Nouspikel site are dead.

Here follows the currently ones:

Thierry's own domain name should be used because it will resolve to the current location of his website. Replace everything before “/ti99...” with “www.nouspikel.com”.

...lee

Thierry's own domain name should be used because it will resolve to the current location of his website. Replace everything before “/ti99...” with “www.nouspikel.com”.

...lee

Yes, it works the way you say. Thank you.

So the correct URLs become:

http://www.nouspikel.com/ti99/pcode.htm

http://www.nouspikel.com/ti99/psystem.htm

Updated the Development Resources thread.

* Corrected description of asm990 (there's no optional TI-99/4A output mode). Thank you for the hint @palmheads

* Added Extended Basic Game Developers Package and removed standalone versions of tools included in this package. Thank you @senior_falcon

* Added reference to cygwin version of GNU C compiler. Thank you @lucien2

* Renamed "Sound" section to "Sound & Speech"

* Moved QBOX to "Sound & Speech" section

* Fixed the URL's pointing to Fred's tools and homepage.

* Added XA99 cross-assembler and L99 tagged object file linker to the "Assembly language" section. (Author Fred Kaal). Thank you Fred.

* Added C99C cross-compiler and optimizers to "C" language section. (Author Fred Kaal). Thank you Fred.

Edited by retroclouds

In time, I'm experiencing some issues with SCRIBD - the password recovery is not working.

On the other hand, I just found the COMPUTE!'s Programmers Reference Guide to TI-99/4A on Archive.org, where many more formats besides PDF are available and without the need of a login/password:

https://archive.org/details/COMPUTEs_Programmers_Reference_Guide_to_the_TI-99_4A_1983_COMPUTE_Publications

• 2 weeks later...
I miss proper documentation to the 80 column cards, especially to my Mechatronic card. I found tons of documents that I have from the old days, but only the documentation for the VDP and installation instructions.

Last time, I have written programs for this card, was in 1990. Unfortunately, since almost everything is forgotten what I knew at the time. It is really hard to go through the papers and find the answers of my questions. Is there a "how to" or "dos and don'ts" to refresh my memory?

In particular, I am recently stumbled across the following addresses:> 8C04,> 8C06 And I ask me for what are these addresses for? Are there any other addresses, to know about?

Although it won't tell you about which addresses to use, I'd say most of the info for those cards can be found in the VDP's datasheets. As to what the functionality provided on the other addresses is concerned, each address should map to what is in the manual called a "port", of which there are four. The functions of each port are the following: "VDP has four ports, port #0 is a read/write data port, port #1 is write register set-up port, port #2 is write palette port, and port #3 is write register data port". Full datasheet/programming manual can be found here: http://rs.gr8bit.ru/Documentation/V9938-programmers-guide.pdf

Thanks a lot! This helps me for the first.

It's a real good PDF, because it's readable and searchable, with links, so you don't have to scroll. I missed this file on the WHTech FTP-Server.

Now it's still not really clear how the Mechatronics Card wires the address bits A0 A1 of the VDP.

I conclude from this information that on a TI-99/4A the

VDP-A0 is connected to CPU-A14

and

VDP-A1 to CPU-A13

right?

So, port #2 is reached via >8C04 and port #3 via >8C06. The corresponding addresses >8804 and >8806 are not used, is that correct?

• 2 months later...

Can we get TidBit linked here?

Just noticed Owen requested it a while ago:

Posted Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:07 PM

Hey Filip--- I'd like to suggest adding TIdBiT to our resources thread. There is a thread about it entitled "BASIC/XB Translator". I made a small video about it's use and posted it to that thread.... It is a very nice program and makes BASIC/XB development more fun. For me anyway. icon_smile.gif
Edited by unhuman

Can we get TidBit linked here?

Just noticed Owen requested it a while ago:

Posted Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:07 PM

Hey Filip--- I'd like to suggest adding TIdBiT to our resources thread. There is a thread about it entitled "BASIC/XB Translator". I made a small video about it's use and posted it to that thread.... It is a very nice program and makes BASIC/XB development more fun. For me anyway. icon_smile.gif

Sure, I'll add it with the next update. I am pretty sure it was up there. Have to check if it got removed by accident during one of my updates. I have a backup of the BBcode for most of the changes I did.

Multiple changes:

* Added TI 99 Cross-Development Tools (9900 cross-assembler, GPL cross-assembler, ...) to the "Programming languages" section. Thank you @ralphb.

* Added TIDisk-Manager to the "File Transfer" section. Thank you @HackMac.

* Finally added TidBiT to the "Programming languages" section. Thank you @matthew180.

* GraphiCV, added reference to github. Thank you @unhuman.

* Removed most manuals hosted on Scribd and replaced with version available on archive.org. Thank you for the hint @Lisias

* Removed the book "Compute!'s first book of TI games", it was linked to Scribd (which requires registration). Note that the book is available in Erny's collection TI-99/4A Home Computer Book Archive.

* Added the new sub-section "Homebrew cartridge boards" to "Homebrew Hardware". As a first I added details on the 16K Jon Guidry board. Thank you @Ksarul for your help on this.

Edited by retroclouds
  • Like 5

• 2 months later...

Yes, I've cancelled my subscription. I will see if I can move it to another domain.

On the other hand, perhaps this is a good time to hand-over the dev. res thread.

Have been slow on updates lately. After having updated the thread for 5+ years, some new blood and new ideas are welcome.

Any volunteers?

Filip, you have done a fine and thorough job. Thank you for keeping it up and for the organization and time you put in.

Lest anyone forget, this forum would likely not exist without your direct personal efforts on behalf of the community.

Thank you.

• Like 1

ok, I'm moving the retroclouds.de domain to another provider. Will take a few days.

Even though I have a backup of the dev. thread itself, I noticed I had no full copy of the files referenced in the dev. res thread.

Fortunately I managed to restore about 85% from local copies I still had scattered on my NAS box.

Currently still missing are some PDF's:

Line 363: Device Service Routine Specification for the TI-99/4(A) Personal Computer PDF

Line 364: Functional Specification for the 99/4 Disk Peripheral PDF

Line 365: Software Specification for the 99/4 Disk Peripheral PDF

Line 366: GPL Interface Specification for the 99/4 Disk Peripheral PDF

Line 367: File Management Specification for the TI-99/4 Home Computer PDF[/indent]

If someone has copies of these files, I would appreciate if a lot if I could get a copy. Thanks

Edited by retroclouds
  • Like 2