• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In the section " Homebrew cartridge boards " there's a reference to the Robot Room Copper Connection software. Note that this has now been acquired by ExpressPCB and I don't believe new versions of the software support the Gerber export function.

• Like 1

Correct on the changes to Copper Connection. If you have the old versions, they will continue to work--and if you lose the license key, ExpressPCB will actually replace the key at no cost (this is a very good thing), but they will not provide older copies of the software. On that note, they have actually gone to somewhat extreme measures to make sure it is nowhere to find on the net, so those of us that still have it are lucky. It might be a good idea to see which versions of the install software we do have just to make sure that those of us with valid copies of the program have the last version of the load package (3.0.5875). I recently had to do a reload after a computer crash and my backup copy was a bit older (3.0), so I am still digging through my crashed disk to try and locate the later version I was actively using.

6 hours ago, Ksarul said:

Correct on the changes to Copper Connection. If you have the old versions, they will continue to work--and if you lose the license key, ExpressPCB will actually replace the key at no cost (this is a very good thing), but they will not provide older copies of the software. On that note, they have actually gone to somewhat extreme measures to make sure it is nowhere to find on the net, so those of us that still have it are lucky. It might be a good idea to see which versions of the install software we do have just to make sure that those of us with valid copies of the program have the last version of the load package (3.0.5875). I recently had to do a reload after a computer crash and my backup copy was a bit older (3.0), so I am still digging through my crashed disk to try and locate the later version I was actively using.

I'm on 3.0.5875 and have the installer if you need it. My license is for the student edition.

2 hours ago, Ksarul said:

I definitely need that version of the installer to update mine. The installer was the same for all license types, so that isn't an issue. Thanks, Stuart!

Jim, tried to send you a PM but apparently "Ksarul cannot receive messages". Is your Messenger Inbox full?

• 8 months later...

Hi Retro,

I am not certain there is any interest in the implementations of PILOT on the TI, but attached are two of the three.

Pilot 99 was written by Thomas Weithofer in 1985, using Forth to write his interpreter. It has an excellent command set and takes advantage of many TI99/4a features. A pdf format of the manual is also included as it is inconvenient for most people to print directly from a TI (now-a-days). Thomas also authored Forth-2 and his premature death was both a loss and unfortunate.

The DataBioTics implementation came the following year using a compiler (vs interpreter). The resulting code executes quite well (fast),  but the  command set is very limited. The manual states that the program will load from XB, EA, MM, TIW, SS and appears to do so, but I have not found any 3rd party authored loaders that work with this package. It will, however, load from FinalGrom using the original EA. It does not appear to work with emulators, presumably because it uses the colon symbol ":" as a delimiter. But, once the program is compiled it will execute, e.g on Classic99.

Hopefully, if these is any interest, you can integrate these files into your opening synopsis page. Thank you.

PILOT (DBT).zip Pilot 99.zip

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 4/9/2020 at 2:02 PM, MikeV said:

Hi Retro,

I am not certain there is any interest in the implementations of PILOT on the TI, but attached are two of the three.

Pilot 99 was written by Thomas Weithofer in 1985, using Forth to write his interpreter. It has an excellent command set and takes advantage of many TI99/4a features. A pdf format of the manual is also included as it is inconvenient for most people to print directly from a TI (now-a-days). Thomas also authored Forth-2 and his premature death was both a loss and unfortunate.

The DataBioTics implementation came the following year using a compiler (vs interpreter). The resulting code executes quite well (fast),  but the  command set is very limited. The manual states that the program will load from XB, EA, MM, TIW, SS and appears to do so, but I have not found any 3rd party authored loaders that work with this package. It will, however, load from FinalGrom using the original EA. It does not appear to work with emulators, presumably because it uses the colon symbol ":" as a delimiter. But, once the program is compiled it will execute, e.g on Classic99.

Hopefully, if these is any interest, you can integrate these files into your opening synopsis page. Thank you.

PILOT (DBT).zip 1.75 MB · 9 downloads Pilot 99.zip 154.66 kB · 8 downloads

Thank you, it is much appreciated! Yes, I will be adding Pilot 99 to the DevRes thread. 

• Like 2

On 4/13/2020 at 3:07 AM, retroclouds said:

Thank you, it is much appreciated! Yes, I will be adding Pilot 99 to the DevRes thread. 

There is also the unreleased TI-Pilot as made available by Charles Good. He printed a rather good overview of it in Bits Bytes and Pixels. I will try and locate my P-Code card to see for myself.

• Like 1

Never did locate the p-System card (a good indication of how much I use it), but just managed to discover it is part of Classic99. (When did Tursi sneak that in...?)

On a more serious note the attached has the LIMA TI PILOT disk, courtesy of Charles Good. In addition, some icon type graphics are attached and a pdf with brief instructions for using the disk for a tour of TI PILOT on you TI or emulator.

TI PILOT.zip

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...

Home Computer Software Development System Programmer's Guide - TI 1979

Please excuse if this has been uploaded here or on Whtech, but I've been sitting on this, and some other things, for quite a while now, owing to various circumstances beyond my control, BUT, it's been nagging at me for some time, and when I saw a comment the other day asking whether the 4A system software was developed on the 990 mini, I had to scan this in. In short, yes, it was. The attached file is illustrative. Anyone with upload access wants to put this on Whtech, or anywhere else, please, by all means.

I also have some SDSMAC source listings for Product 359 and other things. I'll get up a better inventory and post more soon. Also a bunch of Geneve and Myarc related stuff. All this came from a tranche of material along with my 9640 and HFDC, back in the late '80s. What I'm interested in finding is the 990 GPL simulator and other parts of the development system, so if anyone has or knows of anything, please let me know.

[edit] I have started a new topic under 4A Development to consolidate future postings on this subject. Hopefully that will make for better visibility and easier for retroclouds to update the sticky. If that's the wrong place please go ahead and move. I'm not that used to the AA forums.

Enjoy,

jbdigriz

HCM_SDS.pdf

Edited by jbdigriz
  • Like 7

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I downloaded Turbo Pasc’99 today, but can’t get it to run.  Computer seems to freeze.  Does this require the Assembler/editor cartridge to work?  If not, what do I,need to do to run it?  If not, what compiled program language can I run with just my TIPI/32k?

We had this problem a while ago; the original Turbo Pasc'99 had an error that requires you to use the original 32K expansion from TI; other memory expansions don't work. I always loaded it via Editor/Assembler. Please search the forum for the discussion thread; can't be too long ago. In that context we also patched the TP99 files.

On 8/31/2020 at 11:25 PM, Keneg said:

I downloaded Turbo Pasc’99 today, but can’t get it to run.  Computer seems to freeze.  Does this require the Assembler/editor cartridge to work?  If not, what do I,need to do to run it?  If not, what compiled program language can I run with just my TIPI/32k?

Yes, Turbo Pasc‘99 only runs with the original Editor/Assembler cartridge or FG99 version.

I tested the versions 2.0 and 3.0. You will get more infos in this thread:
see post 2, 52, 63, 64, 67 and 79.

2 hours ago, wolhess said:

Yes, Turbo Pasc‘99 only runs with the original Editor/Assembler cartridge or FG99 version.

I tested the versions 2.0 and 3.0. You will get more infos in this thread:
see post 2, 52, 63, 64, 67 and 79.

Thanks, I have ordered the FinalGROM99 cartridge.  With that and the TIPI/32k, I should be good for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I have Turbo Pasc99 running now.  I created a small program to print “Hello World”.  It compiles fine so compiled to DSK1.TEST.  So how do I convert this to a program and run it?  I would prefer to create program files that can be used with just TIPI, I think that is an EA5 file?

8 minutes ago, Keneg said:

Ok, I have Turbo Pasc99 running now.  I created a small program to print “Hello World”.  It compiles fine so compiled to DSK1.TEST.  So how do I convert this to a program and run it?  I would prefer to create program files that can be used with just TIPI, I think that is an EA5 file?

Please create a new topic for this. This sticky thread is dedicated to TI-99/4a development resources in general. Thanks.