• 1 month later...

Maybe is interesting, i think the Macro Assembler AS is a great tool.

I compiled the source for win and mac without trouble. 

The assembler support a huge set of cpu, also the tms.

I compiled and linked for the Tomy Tutor without a problem.

john.ccac.rwth-aachen.de:8000/as/

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 5/26/2019 at 11:34 PM, artrag said:

This is a graphic tool specific for V9938

https://github.com/bferguson3/msx2tools

It supports tile modes, bitmap modes and multicolor sprites

I downloaded it but I have no idea how to run it... can I run it on my Imac or Win10 computers?

The example pictures look promising I must say.

Edit. I solved it, I found the exe files for win10. ?

Edited by Nick99
Github is not my favourite site...

• 1 month later...

Minor change to the XB Notepad++ user-defined language file.  The problem of GOSUB being interpreted as the head of a folding SUB/SUBEND section, I made a quick peruse of the Npp manual and moved SUB and SUBEND to the "folding in code style 2" which requires separators around the keywords.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This thread is sure in need for an update.

I have some holiday days coming up. I’ll see that I’ll update the thread with the collected documents/packages.

Updating the thread is not a joy, due to the big amount of links it contains it has a certain complexity and it’s not a task I look forward doing. I’d rather spent my free time on doing TI stuff. Having said that, if there’s any volunteer wanting to take over that task in the future, I’m more than happy to let go.

Could imagine having some web tool where the package authors can make their own updates and generate the content out of that automatically. Then only have to put the generated code in the thread and are ready to go.

Edited by retroclouds
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I was thinking about this. 

I came up with it his idea:

Use git to store markdown for each entry.  (GitLab.com or GitHub.com) Authors can edit their own entry. (Commit or require Pull request.) Anytime, the maintainer can easily edit one entry.  

Use py script to stitch it together for AA post. Py script embeds the headers and order of things.

An Alternate Py script produces HTML pages for use elsewhere. 

Since it is a FAQ not a wiki, the entries are brief. there is at most a short description and links to the package or more documentation. (Or a thread.) authors mustn’t create a big entry, and keep to style. 

help!

@Albert:

Problem: how do we paste the formatted FAQ  back into the top post? what input formats does AtariAge editor accept? Does it need to be in some kind of rich text on the clipboard?

Edited by FarmerPotato
Invoke sysop
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, FarmerPotato said:

@Albert:

Problem: how do we paste the formatted FAQ  back into the top post? what input formats does AtariAge editor accept? Does it need to be in some kind of rich text on the clipboard?

Posting rich text would probably work well, depending on the complexity of the formatting.  Can you show me some examples of what you want to do?

..Al

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Updated the DevRes sticky:

• Fixed links to Thierry Nouspikel tech pages (mainly UCSD pascal topic)
  • Added the PDF "Graphics Programming Language" (edited version Lee)
  • Added link to TMS9900 Family repo on Github
  • Added the SN76489AN Sound Generator
  • Replace the zip file "UCSD Pascal" with the version by @Vorticon that has all PDF documents and more.
  • Added TiCodEd to Extended Basic section
Edited by retroclouds
Added TiCodEd
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Asmusr said:

@Ksarul maybe you have the file as plain text?

I will have to look in my files, as the text copy of that file that @urbite and I were using as our working file was on a hard disk that crashed right before a scheduled backup (and the file wasn't part of the previous backup of that disk).

@urbite verified that his half of the code still assembled properly, as that was one of the tests we were doing as we reconstructed the file from the original code printouts I have in my collection. Some lines were longer than 80 columns, and were thus cut off at the edge of the page. Not so much of a problem with the comments, but a definite issue with the more lengthy lines of code (usually DATA statements). We went back to the assembled columns at the beginning of each line to properly reconstruct those when we found the issue.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 8:45 AM, Asmusr said:

We have a PDF of the Parsec source code in this thread, but has anyone converted it into a version that can be assembled?

I'm working on it.  I was able to extract the text from the PDF and reformat from the listing comments.  I have the 9900 asm code finished, working on the GPL now.  I am assembling using the xdt99 tools.

• Like 7